SAIA | Trucks assigned to schedules

Ro Ho

TB Lurker
Credits
Do drivers in your terminal drive the unit assigned to the schedule they bid on? Or just drive what they want deciding among themselves.

It's a mix here. Last bid everyone was going to stay in what they had, but there were two that messed it up for most. There are a few of us that worked it out and kept our tractors.

Most if not all scheduled runs are assigned tractors at my terminal. As a system driver, I was given the opportunity to be assigned a tractor and availed myself of that opportunity.

While it is not perfect,having an assigned unit seems to make the weekly routine go much easier. At least if the truck isn't running right I will be first to notice and am more likely to monitor those little noises and quirks that the shop never seems to find.

What makes having an assigned unit even better is having the same city driver in it everyday. You both notice problems sooner and give each other a heads up about it, alternate who fuels, etc. The guy I share with is on the longest city run, and I am the last l/h driver out so it works pretty well.