R&L | Trucks falling apart

OVERKILL

TB Lurker
Credits
We have so many trucks down they can't even keep up with regular pm's. Several of our trucks are using alot of water everyday,but we are told to run them and take water with us because they don't have the time to fix them. Is anybody else having this probelm?

The water issue is a DESIGN Flaw from Mack ,many of them need to go to the DEALER for Cooling system Modifications . There have been enough tech bulletins written on the subject to to equal the length of war and peace.

All of ours are Internationals, the ones with the ISX engine are having the water probelm. They have all been in the shop several times for this, but are not getting fixed.

It's the EGR cooler, mine was using coolant, but the shop fixed it right away. In fact, I think they've replaced it twice, but then again my ISX has over a million miles on it.

Is it the truck or the driver? All winter long I have yet to see a R&L truck make it over a snow covered hill. Everynight there are 3 or 4 R&L trucks lined up on vail pass, or the climb to the eisenhower tunnel waiting for a tow truck to pull them up the hill. One night a R&L truck wasnt even 50 yards up the first pull, simple momentum would have gotten it up further. Are the drivers doing the "i'm going to teach the company a lesson, they can pay tow bills untill i get the equipment i want" bit?

Don't you guys just love getting to drive the old Fords when your truck is down for 3 days!! Thats so much fun!!

OLD FORD? How old?

Guess you've never been in a cab over "F" model Mack, or maybe a "B" model mack.

How about the 70's staple White 9000 or Road commode.

Come on, trucks now a days are limos compared to 25 yrs ago and they are nothing comapred to 40 yrs ago.

You've got it made driver

Look I do realize we have it real good now.
Its the spare so it's treated like junk by everyone. They can't even pickup thier food wrappers and old soda cans. T/M thinks its a joke that no one takes care of it.

Yup I'll take my Mack junk over that Ford anytime. Whew finaly got my old girl back today... Hopefully I won't get stuck in the Ford for a while now. 3 days straight I was loosing my mind

Look I do realize we have it real good now.
Its the spare so it's treated like junk by everyone. They can't even pickup thier food wrappers and old soda cans. T/M thinks its a joke that no one takes care of it.

Yup I'll take my Mack junk over that Ford anytime. Whew finaly got my old girl back today... Hopefully I won't get stuck in the Ford for a while now. 3 days straight I was loosing my mind

Here that the share and care we have 07 and 08 that look like 95’s on the inside!! Its unbelievable when you open the truck door and BAM!!! I would hate to see what some of the drivers houses look like!! I don’t want anyone getting in trouble but that’s one thing I wouldn’t mind them cracking down on!!

Is it so bad to keep a clean truck???

I saw a driver today with a can of SOUP on his DASH as he pulled into the yard.. Ya I'm sure it all stayed in the can right. Thats just nasty...

Some times I'd rather have one of those old single axle Fords instead of my new Mack. Maybe R+L should put those Pro Express cabovers into the system instead of selling them. They looked to be in better shape then the Fords. Nothing like driving a single axle springride cabover. Those were the good old days! :TR10driving03:

used junk

What do you guys expect when all the "NEW" equipment is used... The Roberts have found it cheaper to buy old penske units then buy new.. Yes they are waiting on 08 or 09 (emissions) to purchase new power but time will tell...Its easier for the shop to throw a new motor in some fresh paint and out the door...Another non pulling million mile plus truck with a new motor, sign me up:1036316054:................What happened to "We trade our equipment every 3-5 yrs we run the newest and best equipment in the LTL industry" HAHAHA what a joke just another LIE from the boys!!!!!!!

Some times I'd rather have one of those old single axle Fords instead of my new Mack. Maybe R+L should put those Pro Express cabovers into the system instead of selling them. They looked to be in better shape then the Fords. Nothing like driving a single axle springride cabover. Those were the good old days! :TR10driving03:
I'd rather have my PT truck back and they can have all the rebuilt junk equipment.............

OLD FORD? How old?

Guess you've never been in a cab over "F" model Mack, or maybe a "B" model mack.

How about the 70's staple White 9000 or Road commode.

Come on, trucks now a days are limos compared to 25 yrs ago and they are nothing comapred to 40 yrs ago.

You've got it made driver
You have it made too driver,we all have it made.. Haven't seen Buster brown run that equipment in a long time.... When i'm old and broken down I can tell all the young guys how rough we had it in the old days.....Even ten years from now who knows what kind of trucks will be on the road.........

Can we really ***** that much about the Macks? I was backed into a dock Friday and the trucks on both sides of me had cardboard over the grill and one of them had tape on the window to try and keep what little warm air he could get in....

As slow as they roll I'll take the creature comforts....

Most of the NEW MACKS have been falling apart since day one , Mine was new in Nov of 2006 and in the first 100,000 miles the Air Copmpressor and Air dryer have been replaced air suspesion control rod on read axles has broke n and has been to the MACK DEALER now i think 4 times for WARRANTY work . When it is running it is one of our best pulling Trucks ,but it started falling apart on delivery. All the blame for that goes to MACK