Estes | trukr528

trukr528

TB Lurker
Credits
to all p&d at 062, just remember the devil you dance with now will be nothing like the one handpicked by the regional mgr .if you think hrs are cut back now just wait

elvis, this means that the t.m. we have now won,t be near as bad as the one handpicked by richmond.if you are a 062 p&d driver you will know what i,m talking about

elvis, this means that the t.m. we have now won,t be near as bad as the one handpicked by richmond.if you are a 062 p&d driver you will know what i,m talking about

Thank you for your response. Although I am no longer employeed by E, I am still concerned for one reason. And one reason only. I have a lot of good friends out west that unfortunately are still employeed there. As far as I am concerned Estes doesn't deserve their services. These men I speak of are highly qualified,experienced hands who have many years of safe driving under their air seats. They deserve the best the industry will provide. And this will not happen at E. So to you JimBob I say it is my business. I will not be satisfied untill all my former G.I. brothers have left this second rate company, and are sporting a uniform they can once again be proud of! And to justbeinapain. Estes has not kicked my ***. To the contrary. I have put another nail in their coffin by leaving them. Every time another qualified, experienced employee leaves this company it moves the date closer to their demise. A company the size of Estes is like a puzzle. It is not complete without every piece. The core pieces complete the puzzle. The drivers are the core of the company. When you **** them off, and they sign up with the competition, you are losing the core to your puzzle. You are left with pieces on a bean counters table that don't quite interlock. This puzzle, my friends, has no vision.

For us dummies that don't have a clue what your'e talking about, could you elaborate please?

What this means Elvis is the starting time for p&d drivers was bumped back to 10:30. We were bumped back to 10:00 in November from 9:30 in anticipation of the winter slowdown, which at our terminal never materialized until early spring. We stayed pretty steady through the winter. Our TM told us at a meeting afterwards that our bill count stayed about the same and we were able to do the job starting later.
We were then told that we were getting back to the terminal too late and were having service problems with the outbound freight. They were going to hire more drivers so that pickups could be completed earlier and that late switches were going to be covered by the new guys, thus cutting any extra hours the city guys were able to get.
At the same time we were getting a new dispatcher, a city p&d driver who has since forgotten what its like being a driver. He proceeded to tell everyone that their goal was to get everyone down to 6 and a half hours per day, and the 10:30 start time pretty much does that.
They told some of us that they have to cut hours or lay off 4 drivers, thats how many we've hired in the past few months.
They're trying to cut hours by sending two drivers into areas, some as far as 60 miles one way from the terminal, because one driver can't finish deliveries early enough to cover his pick-ups.
Instead of working to get drivers on the street earlier like we were doing 2 years ago,9:00,they're cutting the start times, added 4 drivers, added more miles, many which are traveling just to get to the delivery areas,and can't figure out why the total hours aren't going down. Can you figure it out?

company keeps tugging from different angles, squeezing every last penny. i like what they are doing in the shop, reducing inventory down to 25%. keeping our trucks on the downline while ordering parts. telling us to go find trucks to drive that dont exist lol. all the while not getting paid....

i wonder if this crazy ::shit:: is happening at the corporate level?