1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

POLITICS Trump Backs Down

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Magoo, Apr 4, 2019.

1. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    partial credit. they all WERE union, until the uaw stabbed the ibt in the back, and let towelhead drivers from canukistan deliver the parts for peanuts...

2. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Industry needs to be regulated

3. buffalobill

Driver Since:
    who deregulated it?

4. troubleman84

Republicans started the process and Carter was the nail in the coffin.

Crystal likes this.
  5. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Thank you for making my point. Some from your side have defended Trump's promise that Mexico would pay for the wall. They claim that revenues from the new replacement for NAFTA would somehow fulfill Trumps promise that Mexico (and Canada I guess) will be paying for the wall.

Here is where your spin comes in. Nothing has been debunked and I'm not confused on my opinions. You try to justify Trump's inability to deliver on his campaign promises by correctly blaming congress and the way Washington actually works. I understand that he is not a dictator but I thing that he wishes he was. But Trump surely had to know it wasn't going to be "so easy" as he repeatedly claimed. Not for a second do I think that he is a stupid man. He knew exactly what he was doing making those bold campaign promises. He knew, just as apparently you knew, that he couldn't get it thru congress. You call it rhetoric I call it campaign lies.

Flash you haven't debunked them. You have used logic in why things have not gotten done. I'll let it go but my problem with my president is that he continues to make promises that he knows he can't keep. He should stop the tweeting and start working with McConnell to come up with legislation that will actually get passed. Yes I know he has accomplished some things but those big campaign lies still piss me off.

troubleman84 likes this.
  6. buffalobill

Driver Since:
    so who deregulated it? youre deflecting

7. Crystal

Ted Kennedy spearheaded the legislation and Carter signed the bill. If I remember correctly Fitzsimmons was president of the Teamsters at that time. He was negotiating our union contract at the time of high inflation. The way the story goes Carter told Fitzsimmons that if he kept our contract to a 7% increase he wouldn't deregulate. He did but Carter reneged and still signed the bill. So I guess the answer you are looking for is that thanks to Kennedy's hatred of the Teamsters it was the democrats who deregulated the trucking industry.

buffalobill likes this.
  8. buffalobill

Driver Since:
    thank you. party of the working class, my ass!

and who signed NAFTA?

9. Crystal

William Jefferson Clinton

10. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

here is my thoughts on this
    Trump is used to being "the man"
    he walked into a board room and had control
    He thought when he won election the Reps would get on board after all they had been promising things like Repeal and Replace, build the wall, etc...... for years
    Then the harsh reality of DCgrad, hit
    Sure its easy to vote Repeal and Replace, when you know its not going to happen
    its easy to vote for a wall when you know its not going to happen
    Well, here is the guy that wants to make it happen, and DCgrad doesnt like that. The establishments careers are based on endless debates and not really solving problems but rather juicing them up for the next election so they can justify their jobs and existence
    I really believe Trump thought the mandate from the people would be enough, but its not. The political class are the ones with all the cards
    Remember, the people in England voted to leave the EU, the political class is refusing to let it happen, e are not that fair away from them

Northern Flash, Rastus and Crystal like this.
  11. troubleman84

No sir would you like a history lesson I can post?

12. buffalobill

Driver Since:
    whats the matter, cant admit when you're wrong? crystal summed it up, i dont care about your bs revisionist democrat crap.

Northern Flash and Rastus like this.
  13. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Democrat Propaganda AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    First, not a single person from our side has said a word about building a wall on the Canadian border. Zero.
    Second, there are several ways that the new NAFTA could help pay for the Mexican wall, however, I come from the camp that GUARANTEES that Mexico WILL pay for the wall, and that's by keeping the illegals on their side of the wall, then Mexico has to pay for their free lifestyle, not us.

You can't have it both ways. You can't fight against a dictatorship then also advocate for our President ruling like a dictator.

And I wish that I was a dictator for America also, things would be a lot different. Every single President in American history wishes that they had dictatorial power. They have beliefs and would like to implement every single one of them, but our founders made sure that that couldn't happen.

The word easy is just rhetoric, nothing more, nothing less. But I also think that he assumed that he would at least have his own party on his side, but he doesn't. That makes things very difficult.

Wrong. In the past, there was always some common sense Democrats that would break ranks with their leadership, but things have changed. The radicals in the left are controlling all of their votes at this point. The Dems have no ability to think for themselves any longer.

McConnell, for the most part, sucks. I've called for his ousting hundreds of times. He doesn't represent either party, he represents himself. He is a snake that says one thing publicly and sneaks around in the shadows doing other things that their base does not support.

It doesn't matter if it pisses us off, we have a system of checks and balances and I don't want Trump being a dictator any more than I did Obama. Trump tries to allow the system to work like it was intended, but that can't happen with a boatload of snakes in Washington. He has exposed how pathetic both parties are. I'd like to nuke Washington and start over with some real patriots that have twelve years maximum in Washington, then they go home.

14. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    He scours the internet for some leftist viewpoint that will defend the Democrat party. We know the facts, but when he finds some leftists that writes otherwise, he tries to convince us that it's now the gospel.

buffalobill likes this.
  15. Crystal

You read my post wrong. I was only referring to the Mexican wall. My including Canada in funding the Mexican wall was because one of your Trump apologists had posted that the USMCA replacement for NAFTA would pay for the wall. Since Mexico and Canada are both part of the trade agreement it just as much a stretch that Canadian revenues will play a part just like the Mexicans...............Sounds silly doesn't it? Just like the silly excuse that those revenues from Mexico is what Trump meant when he said they would pay for his big beautiful wall. I know I know it was just rhetoric.

16. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    What sounds silly is your spinning it to mean that. We all know that the two countries are tied to the USMCA but every one of us knows that there is no need for a wall between us and Canada. So that is just your made up hyperbole. You sound quite foolish doing so if you ask me.

17. Crystal

Again you missed my point. I never said anything about a wall on the Canadian border.............. And Trump never said anything about tariffs on Mexican goods paying for his wall. Maybe Trump's claiming that Mexico paying for the wall was hyperbole too.

18. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    You are the one that made the accusation that one of us said that we needed a wall on the Canadian border, which is b.s.

You are quite the spin doctor, but that dog won't hunt here.

buffalobill likes this.