1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

POLITICS Trump's New Twist On Classic Corruption

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by coondogg, Oct 19, 2019.

1. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    how can the irs tell you that no hotel expenses are allowable, did you have a shower and a toilet in your coe?

2. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    I got a letter from them which basically said they were examining my return but I never got audited. I never wrote anything off except things that were on paper interst, other taxes, dependents, charity.
    I still have no idea what they could have possibly been looking at.

seabreeze likes this.
  3. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Wouldn't you rather have people who benefit from purchasing cheap foreign imports pay tariffs to take care of those taxes?

Rastus and buffalobill like this.
  4. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    I had a math error that kicked me to audit, got audited the next year too because of it, 3rd year I put the wife's name first on the return and never heard from them again.

jimmy g, icuicp and Rastus like this.
  5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Democrat Propaganda

Driver Since:
    You must mean the Democrat party since they are the only ones that have been in contact with the Russians. And it's overwhelmingly clear that it's the Dems that are constantly spewing lies and false information.

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Democrat Propaganda

Driver Since:
    Why do you Dems constantly project negativety, especially since it's just your opinion/hatred of Trump that seems to compel you to make these unfounded assumptions? You guys seem to be engulfed with hate and negative projections. A positive prediction must be a bridge too far when you are filled with so much hate. Sad.

7. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Support the Troops!
    Pay your tax's!

canaryinthemine likes this.
  8. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Driver Since:

Well,....I tried Logic,.....Like:......"after a few days, it's nice to get a warm room with a shower and save some fuel money by not idling the diesel "furnace" all night long......"

But Logic doesn't fly with the IRS......

Cheap foreign imports like steel and aluminum? The tariffs get passed along the system to where the ...consumer, ultimately,....pays the tariffs in higher prices for cars, refrigerators, and such.......

And,...the tariffs are being used as a retaliatory tool,....Which means eventually they'll end......And then,...where do you think the Government will get the....extra revenue that the tariffs were bringing in?

Yup,....Higher taxes.....

Magoo likes this.
  9. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    I don't think any of us have any problems with the fact we do in fact have to pay taxes, we just have some problems with the way the money is spent, most notably for me the fact that every democratic candidate is on record with providing illegals with free healthcare and education at the expense of actual American citizens who struggle to pay for their own(good luck with that strategy), or the fact that foreign aid seems to be a bargaining chip in corrupt kickback schemes most recently revealed involving the Obama administration and admitted to by current dimm candidate frontrunner Joe Biden.

buffalobill likes this.
  10. Magoo

The way we often greeted immigrants was to provide temporary housing and benefits. Temporary!
    I'm fine and pleased with that.
    Schools are paid by local property tax's for the most part. That means those "Mexicans" are paying rent somewhere to some landlord and that landlord pay's property tax's on the rental, which supports the school system. See how that works?
    The health care benefits the rest of the population too. And if you are income qualified you can go down to the County Health department that should offer the service to anyone income qualified. The health department offers vaccination's and plain old care.
    It's not luxury treatment like you are used to receiving, its basic but important.
    Gawd Bless

11. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Driver Since:

If the illegals were ....expedited into the US ,..and made citizens,....then companies couldn't use, absue, and discard them as "undocumented" workers.
    Wasn't there just a big raid on about 8 meat-packing plants by ICE?......And the people who "hired" the undocumented never went to jail, or paid a fine?

If the people seeking asylum,...or a better life,...were processed quickly, and made US citizens,...just like our Great-Great-Grandparents were, through Ellis Island.....
    .....then American employers would have to comply with Labor laws, and pay them properly....put them on insurance,....and take out the appropriate taxes and Social Security.

But,....That's not what American employers want......They want a cheap, and fearful and plentiful Labor pool,.....And Undocumented. No need to pay those nasty payroll taxes,...or Worker's Compensation.....

And if the illegals were....quickly,...made citizens,.....it would....Quickly,...cut off the "Undocumented" Labor pool, for unscrupulous American employers....
    And would make the lie that: "Americans won't do this job..".......starkly evident that...Americans won't do THAT job that you've cut the wages and benefits to substandard of what an American would get,...By Law.

So,...Pay the American Standard,.....instead of lining your corporate pockets on ..."undocumented" Labor......

And the Foreign Aid "bargaining chip",....becomes a Bargaining Chip when it's done in the Open, to a National,...and Worldwide consensus.....Mr. Biden proudly announced what he did on TV,...did he not?

The "bargaining chip".....becomes a strong-arm extortion tactic,.....when it's done without Congress' approval to withhold money,....and the phone call where Mr. Trump says ; "Do us a Favor..." ...becomes Highly Classified,...locked away,...and made Secret,.....
    .....and directly benefits Mr. Trump's political campaign against his main rival....

If nothing was done wrong,........Let the people testify,....and remove all doubt......We have Open Hearings now.......

Let the Truth Begin!

12. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    You're a Fraud

buffalobill and Rastus like this.
  13. Magoo

You're a piss poor debator

14. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    Two of the biggest rallying points we hear about with illegals is A) they do the jobs Americans won't do...hmmmm..gee I wonder why Americans won't do them? don't you? can't be because they're lousy jobs America is full of lousy jobs isn't it, must be the pay than huh, you do suppose if the illegals weren't here they'd have to raise the pay until American start snapping up the jobs, I think so, don't you? B) Agriculture needs cheap labor....why....just charge more...ohhhh... wait hmmmm cheaper imports I bet huh..well tariff them. Now you and the rest of the dimms like to say "American employers want a cheap fearful labor pool it's their fault" but yet it is the left who is the largest PROPONENT of cheap labor, so what is it? you guys in bed with greedy corporate America?, sounds like it, you don't think? Cheap labor lowers wages across the board, stress an already tight affordable housing market, stress already tight social services budgets...for what...because its the dimms that want the cheap labor, you're a union guy why would you want cheap labor? Magoo was gonna look for a Mexican to put in a HVAC system because he'd be cheaper, you want here make them get in line like people from every other country and a lot of those are educated and skilled...but you want cheap unskilled?

buffalobill likes this.
  15. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Starting with Eric Ciaramella.

16. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    Your a onenote Johnny "they're coming here for a better life", how many Americans are already trying to make a better life, drive through Appalachia give them a better life first...you want cheap labor period.

Rastus and buffalobill like this.
  17. kboomarang

Driver Since:
    Make sure they don't get in to begin with that would save a step or two, but the dimms have proven time and time again they're against border security and stopping illegal immigration...they love cheap labor.

Rastus likes this.
  18. slavenomore

I never thought I'd hear a union guy support the consumer oriented economics type theories.....the GOP will have you all when Trump is gone......Is it cheaper for the manufacturing laborer to lose his job for cheap foreign imports....so he can have cheaper stuff that he once made?
    Those great service oriented jobs at Wal-Mart are the result of the " worry about the consumer so praise companies for busting unions and moving south and leaving the country to keep it cheap"
    It looks great on paper.
    But we lost all manufacturing that way.
    And all unions but public ones lost members.
    And as a result ...the people who push the free trade and " worry about passing cost on to consumers" economics, which are multinational corporations, Wall St. and banks..........have taken over our whole government......he who rules makes the rules......the BS free trade false religion and all of their union busting theories are their rules.

Other rules have worked..... we only went into debt and lost all manufacturing, created a lame service oriented economy where government has had to supplement employee compensation for people working in low profit to billion dollar profit companies.

We tried the free trade...consumer oriented economics since the 70's........IT FAILED.
    It took the workers voice out of politics..media...education.......for it destroyed the unions.
    IT FAILED.

buffalobill likes this.
  19. slavenomore

Before the Jap stuff really took off....you didn't have the high taxes. They can make all kinds of economic theories work.
    The tariff one works.
    The cheaper goods theory destroyed us.
    The steel workers and manufacturers were paid good and were taken care of by tangible wages for their labors.
    I remember reading a speech or interview of Carter in the 70's.....he saw how everybody was living beyond their means.....credit and credit cards were the new way to acquire.
    I think that was his topic and warning.

So since the Jap crap hooked everyone...the transfer of income went from real earned tangible wages from union contract in the market..to......credit and government assistance........the power went to banks and politicians.......from workers.

buffalobill likes this.