Estes | Tryin' to Sleep

Grog Smash

TB Lurker
Credits
There I was, pulled over in one of the (approved) wide spots on the PA Turnpike, way off the road, up against the grass, and 3 different Estes drivers felt obligated to alert me to the error of my ways- by blowing their air horns (such as they are) while driving by. What the hell was I thinking?:regretful: I suppose I should have just kept going until I end up in the Trucking Accidents forum here. There is no chance that these Einsteins of the interstate knew who I was- I hadn't jabberjawed with anybody last night, and I don't have a radio in the truck. By nature, I'm a peaceful, easy going man, but you nitwits sure brought out the Raging Bull in me last night.:732: Next time you knuckleheads feel compelled to prove to the world how low your I.Q. is, do it in another part of the country, so I can get my 15 minutes of drooling on the steering wheel done, IN PEACE! Sorry for the rant, but this isn't the first that's it's happened, and it's aggravating as anything.

Next time, call the 800 number and give your exact location and the exact time of the incident and those drivers may find themselves with a few days off unpaid.

Next time, call the 800 number and give your exact location and the exact time of the incident and those drivers may find themselves with a few days off unpaid.
I take back what I said on another thread here. You will never be one of my stewards. You don't rat on another brother. What the hell are you thinking? You find out who the idiots were and you handle it like a man. Chances are it was one of your many green horns, that don't know any better. Once you find out who they are you poke em in the eye with your index finger and make his promise to never be a dumb @ss again. Problem solved. Leave management out of your affairs. Jeez Mildew I would expect better advice from you. That's it, my feelings are hurt. TE out...

Have to agree with ya TE! We do have our share of Rat B**tards, so n' so was fueling off the clock and that one didn't kick all his tires

Hey, I just figured if they wanted to act like children you may as well treat em like children. I don't see how anyone could handle it like a man if your sleeping on the shoulder. Whatcha going to do catch up to them and bend their license plates. Btw, I've never ratted on another trucker in my life and if it were me on the shoulder I would have chuckled and went back to sleep. That's just they way ol mildew is and notice how humble I am as I never capitalize my handle. Lol

Have to agree with ya TE! We do have our share of Rat B**tards, so n' so was fueling off the clock and that one didn't kick all his tires
That must be a northern thing. I always thought they prefered us to fuel off the clock.

Did I miss something in the memo? When did we start getting paid to fuel? Even a Hub driver,I was told they didn't fuel on the clock..You put it on your log as a part of your pre-trip...

P&D drivers- not to perform anything work related unless on the clock (I don't know if this applys at all terms) but is in the handbook pg 6 under "gray area"

I was talking about the hourly employees. When I said "we" I ment the hourly guys. Its pretty much the dispatcher that prefers the drivers to fuel off the clock. Some don't care and some act like they are paying you to fuel out of their own pocket. Sometimes it takes a while to fuel when when 10 drivers finish the day at the same time. If it were my company I would pay a guy $9 dollars an hour to fuel the city trucks.

I was talking about the hourly employees. When I said "we" I ment the hourly guys. Its pretty much the dispatcher that prefers the drivers to fuel off the clock. Some don't care and some act like they are paying you to fuel out of their own pocket. Sometimes it takes a while to fuel when when 10 drivers finish the day at the same time. If it were my company I would pay a guy $9 dollars an hour to fuel the city trucks.

My bad..I'm up now..Carry on...