Trying To Remove A Garden Hose

i was thinking, that if i am successful Monday morning, i might put some anti-seize on the spigot end.

i'd go out and do it now, but i am not up to working out in the hot sun.

early morning Monday, i can try the heat gun, that i totally forgot that i had...
My My My pro you have more problems than "Carter has liver pills" back/foot/fish tank/now a hose . I feel for ya (not that kinda way) But I know you will get thru this also

Q: How many Moldavian’s does it take to loosen the garden hose?

A: 261.
1,to hold the fitting, and 260,to turn the house.
well right about now, i can use all 261 one of 'em...and stimpy as well..

no luck using the heat gun, not even on the highest setting.

i am not sure what else to do. i think eventually, i will have to cut the hose, enough to get a repair kit onto it, and attach a new hose come spring time, or replace the spigot....

i keep dowsing it with PB Blaster, but i think the dissimilar metals have welded together....

and this had to happen from back in the spring, when i put the hose on...this hose i used last year as well, and no problems like this

another thing too is that i lack the physical strength i once had, and leverage..since i am fused all the way down to the S-2 Pelvic bone, and into the ilium (hip bone) i cannot get into a position to grasp the hose connection and the spigot with channel locks.

can't get on my knee for leverage, cannot bend over for leverage......etc..

i'd hate to call a $100 per hour plumber to switch out the spigot in like what, 6 minutes worth of his time..???

well, i dunno......maybe tomorrow i'll try the propane torch....but i'll have to wrap the area with wet towels first, so that i don't burn down the house...lol

i tire too easily these days when i do any kind of work.

i'll let you's know what happens..

That's what your trying to do..right
1RTyCnS.jpg

I'm thinking that you're about to get out the grinder and cut a slot down the sides and use a small chisel to get it off. But you better be very very careful ha ha ha.....

And I thought I was the only one with this problem. I bought this hose at Costco 3 years ago. Took it off the 1st winter and put it back on in the spring. Tried for the past 2 years and can get it to budge. I guess I'll leave it there until I see a plumber in the neighborhood. I'll offer him some cash to get it off.

Boy am I glad that I don't have any problems with my hose.... well at least not yet.... pro... did you try using a blue pill to get it off??

well right about now, i can use all 261 one of 'em...and stimpy as well..

no luck using the heat gun, not even on the highest setting.

i am not sure what else to do. i think eventually, i will have to cut the hose, enough to get a repair kit onto it, and attach a new hose come spring time, or replace the spigot....

i keep dowsing it with PB Blaster, but i think the dissimilar metals have welded together....

and this had to happen from back in the spring, when i put the hose on...this hose i used last year as well, and no problems like this

another thing too is that i lack the physical strength i once had, and leverage..since i am fused all the way down to the S-2 Pelvic bone, and into the ilium (hip bone) i cannot get into a position to grasp the hose connection and the spigot with channel locks.

can't get on my knee for leverage, cannot bend over for leverage......etc..

i'd hate to call a $100 per hour plumber to switch out the spigot in like what, 6 minutes worth of his time..???

well, i dunno......maybe tomorrow i'll try the propane torch....but i'll have to wrap the area with wet towels first, so that i don't burn down the house...lol

i tire too easily these days when i do any kind of work.

i'll let you's know what happens..

Hold the spigot with a pipe wrench & use another pipe wrench on the hose fitting. If the hose fitting is seized in the hose connection & twists off just get a hose repair kit for the end. Unless the hose is very expensive or you are have a personal attachment to the hose just buy a new hose or find a used hose at a yard sale. I believe in yard sales & auctions. They help maximize the life of common items, save space in landfills, save natural resources, ( Magoo, I am actually a Greenie), & reduce sales at Walmart.
Aluminum does not rust but it does corrode & will seize when used with other metals. Also the aluminum on this hose probably is recycled with metal from China & not pure aluminum. Next year use a small amount of anti seize or teflon on the threads.

Hold the spigot with a pipe wrench & use another pipe wrench on the hose fitting. If the hose fitting is seized in the hose connection & twists off just get a hose repair kit for the end. Unless the hose is very expensive or you are have a personal attachment to the hose just buy a new hose or find a used hose at a yard sale. I believe in yard sales & auctions. They help maximize the life of common items, save space in landfills, save natural resources, ( Magoo, I am actually a Greenie), & reduce sales at Walmart.
Aluminum does not rust but it does corrode & will seize when used with other metals. Also the aluminum on this hose probably is recycled with metal from China & not pure aluminum. Next year use a small amount of anti seize or teflon on the threads.

Like Doc said, corrision is your culprit, turn your water off, take the spigot apart to not melt your rubber seal,
this is very simple, a propane torch and pair of channel locks should do the trick.
Don't get it hot enough to melt your solder if plumbing is copper, and yes, we use anti seize on everything here on the coast.

Like Doc said, corrision is your culprit, turn your water off, take the spigot apart to not melt your rubber seal,
this is very simple, a propane torch and pair of channel locks should do the trick.
Don't get it hot enough to melt your solder if plumbing is copper, and yes, we use anti seize on everything here on the coast.

I spent a year near the South China Sea. Everything there rusted or corroded. The wind blew the sand on the beach like a sand blaster which took off the paint, the salt water saturated into every crack, then oxidation set in. Anything that required adjustment on a machine/truck had to have anti seize applied to threads or it would weld together.

no i am not attached to the hose, rather it is attached to the spigot...lol

the problem lies in the fact that the spigots pipe that goes into the house was starting to twist as well..and if that breaks, i will be in deep crap, and have to call a plumber to replace an entire water pipe in the cellar.

i might have to cut the hose off, and buy a repair kit and a new hose, slice that end off, and make a repair.

i also have a dremel tool, i might have to cut into the hose coupling enough to break it free, and still would need a repair kit, like a new female end..this time...brass...!!!!

i cannot do this until tomorrow now, the sun is hot right now.

I spent a year near the South China Sea. Everything there rusted or corroded. The wind blew the sand on the beach like a sand blaster which took off the paint, the salt water saturated into every crack, then oxidation set in. Anything that required adjustment on a machine/truck had to have anti seize applied to threads or it would weld together.
for sure!

sometimes @Stimpy you're good for more than the emails you send me (send more pleeze)

i had, had enough of this damned $35.99 Lowes non-kink (but does kink) garden hose pushing me around, like i was a floor mat, named WELCOME.

i saw this video from you, and took out my Dremel tool, and after ONE change of cutting wheels......

i felt like Rocky....and I WON.......!!!

here are a couple of pics

DSCN0666_zps7ciqjaug.jpg
DSCN0672_zpspo07pgun.jpg

i cut this side and the opposite side and used the channel locks.

i had taken a nap, (seriously) woke up a few minutes ago, did my thing, and ran up the stairs in celebration...

well ok , i walked up the stairs, and didn't really celebrate, the school kids are walking by, they might think i was nuts.

i had a plastic repair kit already, and a hose clamp....

i'll go and get a spare BRASS repair kit for the future..

I am curious about the kink free hose. Did Lowes have a money back guarantee? Advertising can be deceptive. When I was younger a man who was a customer was a good salesman who had repeat customers. He said the key to having repeat business is to be honest & having a satisfied customer. He told a story about the sales guy who sold odorless toilets. A customer called to complain about an odor in his toilet. He asked the customer if there was an odor when he bought it. Predictably the customer said no. The sales guy told him then somebody must have used it for a toilet since it was odor free when he bought it.