TRUCKING Trying To Remove A Garden Hose

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by pro1driver, Sep 8, 2019.

1. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    i don't have the cardboard wrapper(??) for it anymore. but i had to also recently put in a splice repair kit (again from my treasure trove of spare parts) cuz it was leaking at, where else, a kink had been...

i had bought more expensive garden hoses, primarily for the long length that i needed, and for durability. i like to buy things ONCE and have them last for...a lifetime.. only a life time ain't our life, but the short lived life of the products.

i have bough cheaper hoses, and that was a nightmare as well..talk about kinks, and inability to coil them up and put them away!

as it is now, i have 3 "spare hoses" if needed to make an extension hose, or if the primary one splits all of a sudden.

also, i consider the spare hoses to be my "winter hoses" when i wash the cars on a mild winter's day, as they are lighter to carry from the basement to the yard. the hose i got now, i need a fork lift to carry...yet...it kinks.....

some people collect baseball cards, or baseball caps..

i collect garden hoses.

00mustang, DCM_Doc and Stimpy like this.
  2. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

You need a new or better hobby.... better stick with the fish tank.

3. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Maybe metal working.

4. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Living from direct deposit to direct deposit.

Driver Since:
    Ya could just buy a new house and move, leaving the hose to the new owners.

Big Dave and Stimpy like this.
  5. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    all fish and the snail i can never find, are doing well, in fact, i just fed them.....the snail, when he pops out, doesn't stay too long in place, giving credit to his breed's name....Black Racer..

with what few tools i still have, fabricating something is not that difficult. i actually had metal shop and wood shop in jr high school, like i'd imagine many of us did back in our youth..???

i plan on moving out someday, i really do.

i'm gonna leave the washer/drier, water heaters, heating boilers, the front staircase (mahogany wood i believe), and the dust in the corners and under the furniture....the hose(s), i will hide in my secret hiding place......

6. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Yep we had those classes in both junior and senior high school, ninth grade which was still a junior high grade we had wood shop, metal shop, electric shop, plastics, small engines and printing, and I still employ a lot of those basic concepts I learned then.

7. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LOST

Driver Since:
    Retired after 35 years
    well yer younger than me...we only had wood and metal shops...wood to make shanks...metal to make swords.

we did not have electricity back in my day nor plastic, nor small engines....nor any need to print.

we had fire, (for light), there just wasn't any plastic, our small engines were squirrels running the wheel to power the horseless carriages, and we used berries (for color) to print on the cave walls....

so as you can see, this is why i have a flip phone........with a string attached to make calls...