Trying To Remove A Garden Hose

I am curious about the kink free hose. Did Lowes have a money back guarantee? Advertising can be deceptive. When I was younger a man who was a customer was a good salesman who had repeat customers. He said the key to having repeat business is to be honest & having a satisfied customer. He told a story about the sales guy who sold odorless toilets. A customer called to complain about an odor in his toilet. He asked the customer if there was an odor when he bought it. Predictably the customer said no. The sales guy told him then somebody must have used it for a toilet since it was odor free when he bought it.
i don't have the cardboard wrapper(??) for it anymore. but i had to also recently put in a splice repair kit (again from my treasure trove of spare parts) cuz it was leaking at, where else, a kink had been...

i had bought more expensive garden hoses, primarily for the long length that i needed, and for durability. i like to buy things ONCE and have them last for...a lifetime.. only a life time ain't our life, but the short lived life of the products.

i have bough cheaper hoses, and that was a nightmare as well..talk about kinks, and inability to coil them up and put them away!

as it is now, i have 3 "spare hoses" if needed to make an extension hose, or if the primary one splits all of a sudden.

also, i consider the spare hoses to be my "winter hoses" when i wash the cars on a mild winter's day, as they are lighter to carry from the basement to the yard. the hose i got now, i need a fork lift to carry...yet...it kinks.....

some people collect baseball cards, or baseball caps..

i collect garden hoses.

i don't have the cardboard wrapper(??) for it anymore. but i had to also recently put in a splice repair kit (again from my treasure trove of spare parts) cuz it was leaking at, where else, a kink had been...

i had bought more expensive garden hoses, primarily for the long length that i needed, and for durability. i like to buy things ONCE and have them last for...a lifetime.. only a life time ain't our life, but the short lived life of the products.

i have bough cheaper hoses, and that was a nightmare as well..talk about kinks, and inability to coil them up and put them away!

as it is now, i have 3 "spare hoses" if needed to make an extension hose, or if the primary one splits all of a sudden.

also, i consider the spare hoses to be my "winter hoses" when i wash the cars on a mild winter's day, as they are lighter to carry from the basement to the yard. the hose i got now, i need a fork lift to carry...yet...it kinks.....

some people collect baseball cards, or baseball caps..

i collect garden hoses.
You need a new or better hobby.... better stick with the fish tank.

You need a new or better hobby.... better stick with the fish tank.
all fish and the snail i can never find, are doing well, in fact, i just fed them.....the snail, when he pops out, doesn't stay too long in place, giving credit to his breed's name....Black Racer..

Maybe metal working.

with what few tools i still have, fabricating something is not that difficult. i actually had metal shop and wood shop in jr high school, like i'd imagine many of us did back in our youth..???

Ya could just buy a new house and move, leaving the hose to the new owners.

i plan on moving out someday, i really do.

i'm gonna leave the washer/drier, water heaters, heating boilers, the front staircase (mahogany wood i believe), and the dust in the corners and under the furniture....the hose(s), i will hide in my secret hiding place......

with what few tools i still have, fabricating something is not that difficult. i actually had metal shop and wood shop in jr high school, like i'd imagine many of us did back in our youth..???
Yep we had those classes in both junior and senior high school, ninth grade which was still a junior high grade we had wood shop, metal shop, electric shop, plastics, small engines and printing, and I still employ a lot of those basic concepts I learned then.

Yep we had those classes in both junior and senior high school, ninth grade which was still a junior high grade we had wood shop, metal shop, electric shop, plastics, small engines and printing, and I still employ a lot of those basic concepts I learned then.
well yer younger than me...we only had wood and metal shops...wood to make shanks...metal to make swords.

we did not have electricity back in my day nor plastic, nor small engines....nor any need to print.

we had fire, (for light), there just wasn't any plastic, our small engines were squirrels running the wheel to power the horseless carriages, and we used berries (for color) to print on the cave walls....

so as you can see, this is why i have a flip phone........with a string attached to make calls...

ok, i have a non-kink garden hose, got it at Lowes about 2 years ago.

i take it inside before the winters hit, and back out, in the spring time.

it says "non-kink", but i can assure you, it kinks...

ok, i cannot unscrew the hose from the water spigot.

the spigot is common brass..the garden hose fitting is (i think) aluminum, at least it looks like it is..

i tried daily spraying some "PB Blaster" into the hose fitting, to let it run down into the threads...

not working guys......

i'm thinking that the hose fitting "welded" itself to the spigot..

i have at the very least 2 choices..

1) heat up the hose fitting with a propane torch, and risk melting the washer inside the spigot

2) cut off the hose, and remove the entire spigot and put on a new one, but now i'll need a new water hose, or buy a repair kit..

what would any of you do, remembering i also have 2-3 other choices..

1) i am retired and can just leave it alone.

2) call @Stimpy on over, maybe he can fix it, he's younger than me.

3) refer to #1
A pair of 12 inch vise grips and 3 pound ball peen hammer on a 24 inch handle, and I'm betting that puppy moves.