Holland | TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

I disagree. Most carriers move their freight immediately because with the new tracking technology, the customers can watch it's every move. And it looks real bad when the customers know how the freight didn't move and they didn't get it on schedule.
If you don't move it on time, your replacement will.
I understand that. These days customers want items that they ordered today yesterday and have no idea how freight actually moves. They also have no problem finding someone who will move it faster and for much cheaper.

I can only speak for my specific terminal, but it's not uncommon for some of our loaded trailers to sit for a day or two. We have PT come into our yard every once and while when we get real backed up or overwhelmed.

If these companies don't have freight sitting wouldn't that more or less be about them not taking on more freight than they can handle and just moving the freight that they have versus they can move more freight because their trucks can go 65?

We all wish that we could go faster, but if the freight isn't getting moved it's more about bad dispatching and/or lack of drivers in my opinion. Sure, more speed would help a little, but the dispatchers already know the top speed and that should be factored in already.
Freight sitting should be the exception, not the rule. And from what I'm hearing it's become the rule (or normal) at Holland.

Missing about 10 to 20 Del's and pick ups daily because of our slow 62 mph trucks and taking 2 hours to run 1 1/2 hour trip , BUT hey getting paid by the minute and so guess Upper management NOT so good with the number's after all !! and remember SPEED KILLS , so drive for Holland and live forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really think YRCW is trying hard to run Holland into the ground , when they won't raise WAGES so people will apply and won't turn trucks up ,so we can cover more ground with less Driver's :6788:

Wong, stop by the coop and Donna will turn it up for you....:1036316054:
Good idea and thanks to Donna ,she's a great Gal !
crst-driver-with-truck.jpg

ylQUl1R.jpg

AP: One car, one buggy crash on highway when the two vehicles were apparently drag racing and came upon a slow moving Holland truck around a bend. Both drivers are ok and the horse broke free and ran away. The driver of the buggy was heard mumbling about an orange and white wall with a young man with missing teeth.

Missing about 10 to 20 Del's and pick ups daily because of our slow 62 mph trucks and taking 2 hours to run 1 1/2 hour trip , BUT hey getting paid by the minute and so guess Upper management NOT so good with the number's after all !! and remember SPEED KILLS , so drive for Holland and live forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn the trucks up! 15 %!!!!!

So on a 1 and 1/2 hour trip. Let's say that's 90 miles a 65 mph truck will shave a whopping 5 minutes off versus a 62. A 70 mph truck will save 12 minutes. Do you see the falsehood of your argument. I doubt it would make a difference in one pickup let alone 20.

So on a 1 and 1/2 hour trip. Let's say that's 90 miles a 65 mph truck will shave a whopping 5 minutes off versus a 62. A 70 mph truck will save 12 minutes. Do you see the falsehood of your argument. I doubt it would make a difference in one pickup let alone 20.
But for a road driver who has a 9am guarantee on a proper destination load and he is out of time at 8:15 terminal would send someone to get you, but what’s the chance of the of guarantee not becoming a Service failure?

I
But for a road driver who has a 9am guarantee on a proper destination load and he is out of time at 8:15 terminal would send someone to get you, but what’s the chance of the of guarantee not becoming a Service failure?
Know you can make a argument for anything. But the fact remains 99% of the time a couple mph doesn't have a impact. Just like the 15% argument alot of the people in my barn was never at full scale I hear them complaining about THEIR 15%. If you came to work here after the vote it was never yours. Many of us including me saw the reduction in MY check. I'm still here working at 100% of my ability. If I wasn't able or willing to do it I would find another job. The same old argument is just tiresome.

Ok , Budah you drive them slow trucks and give the rest of us a truck that will run 70 mph ! Deal ! slow trucks are for hourly clock milker's !

We are only allowed 9 min per stop, so it would make a difference