ODFL | Two New Terminals

According to management I spoken to its not gonna be a break bulk terminal. At least not in the near future.
I hope that is true. What I have been told from the beginning is that tannersville will be the regional terminal for the new Northeast region. Being that Harrisburg is no longer part of the Northeast region. If what I've been told is true then my terminal loses a lot of break freight and like haul lanes. I have also been told that our VP and safety manager would both be transferred to tannersville from Jersey City.

I hope that is true. What I have been told from the beginning is that tannersville will be the regional terminal for the new Northeast region. Being that Harrisburg is no longer part of the Northeast region. If what I've been told is true then my terminal loses a lot of break freight and like haul lanes. I have also been told that our VP and safety manager would both be transferred to tannersville from Jersey City.
There's no way that happens overnight. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Harrisburg doesn't need to be part of the NE to break freight. There's a guy out of Allentown that has been spreading rumors for years, non of them have been true. They could be bypassing Harrisburg now by doing more meets on 80 between Newburg, Columbus and Youngstown. 🤷 Could've been doing it for a few years, yet most of that Freight still comes in the pa turnpike.

I had 2 manifests going west originating from IVT Monday which turned out to be the new place in Irving TX when I looked it up it appears to be where SEFL had a terminal awhile back. It's probably less than ten miles from the Dallas break& S/C

just curious, I know you guys are talking about out west, but anyone know what the deal is with the AND(Anderson, SC) terminal? And what is up with the NOR(Norcross, GA) terminal. I know we ran 2 loads there almost a year ago and that was it. Although it just opened up. NOR that is.

well , these never happened , built but waiting , but , it looks like Irving Texas opened
So there was talk about Santa Rosa for awhile. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago at the annual meeting. And apparently it was built and the hang up was getting electricity or something but that was still awhile ago. Maybe we'll hear about in the upcoming meeting.

I understand that when Tannersville opens, Allentown, Pittston and Boonton will be moved into the smaller dock as a city terminal and serve northeast Pa and northwest NJ. The larger dock will be linehaul with a major shop for tractors and trailers and a dolly shop. The southern side of the smaller dock already has trailers backed into it

The terminal you are talking about in Irving on Loop 12 and Shady Grove used to be the PIE terminal for Dallas till they closed. Once they combined with Transcon Transcon moved into that terminal and left Irving Blvd which let Yellow expand into the corner by Regal Row. It was m/t for years before US Express leased it to park trailers. Saias terminal was next door to PIE for years and when they moved, it then became Roadrunner, UPS and then most recently Estes. That terminal is now m/t and for lease. OD knocked down the old Road Drivers room building that was also where the entrance into the terminal was located. It looks like OD is not using the huge shop in the back. SEFL is on Irving Blvd in the old Merchants dock and was never on Loop 12.

Back in the stone age ('85 -1990's) it certainly was, before Merchant's went out of business at least.