Estes | Two years experience coming up June, 3 2022. Considering Estes

So I’m being laid off at Ground. Can I ask you guys can you be home every weekend or not?

Like what time do most drivers get home on the weekends. Does Estes ever force you to stay out at Richmond terminal location on extra board.

How is working out of Richmond Terminal.
I never knew "Ground " had drivers

At a local home daily company. Contractor fedex making $1500 gross a week. More if I work sixth day.

My problem with my current job is way to many set hooks ups just to make $1500 gross. I do three set hook ups a night and I break them down three times at each location. I also do a 53 footer empty hook up once. drive 10 miles to location. Drop empty in yard once at location. Another 53 footer loaded trailer hook up at the dock door. Another drop from dock door of loaded trailer in the yard. Hook back up to my empty. Drop the empty on Dock door. Hook back up to loaded trailer. Leave.

Then head to same location I left from 10 miles away and back 53 footer on dock door. Then hook up to empty pup. Take it 29 miles to Richmond and drop empty pup in yard. Hook up to loaded pup on dock door. Drive 29 miles back to Chester, Va and this is where my sets begin with loaded pup trailer.

So we’ll say right now I’m making 78K-82K a year. Home every day and weekends off. Health insurance is with United Healthcare and my deductible is $2500 and max $7500 out of pocket. Working 12 hours every day or sometimes mostly 11 hour and 40 minute days but never less or more unless something goes really wrong.

In a couple of months I’m considering changing as the pay is great but I feel there is better with company’s like Estes and Old dominion. Saia and Fedex Freight.

My miles a week is 2245 and settlements say I make .67 a mile. But all the drop and hooks it seems like I should be making way more. We’re paid for drops but the miles are to short. And I can’t get higher being local home daily.

At 78K-82K a year can you guys sell me on Estes?

Would it be worth switching is it true I can make 95K-105K if I work 12 hours everyday and run 2400-2800 miles a week?

Would you be home every weekend like how does that work? Would I get home Friday or Saturday morning and if I do when am I expected to return back to work. I run hard and I’m interested in a lot of stuff Estes has to offer. I need to make more money so I can pay my house off much faster and be done with it. Another 15K or 20K would be an absolute banger for me. I have no kids. Free to work hard and grind.

How’s Health insurance also. Will ask more questions from reply’s. I plan to change and choose a company June 3, 2022
Go to an hourly LTL.
60 hours, with OT, will get you way more than $1,500 gross.

I came to Estes because it's the only company that told me I wouldn't have to do nothing but hold the steering wheel!
It was like we were dancing together in the interview! So far that's the way it's been after many many years

Runs are being cancelled a lot now at Estes at many terminals. Freight is a little slow. They are still hiring drivers while making others sit.

At least TLI and Covenant are still getting to run!
You would think they would run their own drivers instead of covenant. Not sure what TLI is. They said they believe the summer will be better, but im not so sure the way the economy is going. I think its more likely to get worse with high priced fuel and ships sitting off the coast with product that cant be unloaded and also our own govt sticking it to us.

You would think they would run their own drivers instead of covenant. Not sure what TLI is. They said they believe the summer will be better, but im not so sure the way the economy is going. I think its more likely to get worse with high priced fuel and ships sitting off the coast with product that cant be unloaded and also our own govt sticking it to us.
I’m thinking the good times are over for now as well, things can’t stay wide open forever. Hope everyone saved for the rainy day, a lot of guys in this industry get caught with their pants down when freight slows down.

I’m thinking the good times are over for now as well, things can’t stay wide open forever. Hope everyone saved for the rainy day, a lot of guys in this industry get caught with their pants down when freight slows down.
Look on the bright side FL, I was once like you, when a little voice came to me out of nowhere and said, Cheer up, things could be worse, I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse!

I live in West Central Illinois. We're still trying to think about how to cross the Mississippi. Still fighting savages and wild animals way out west here.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
I used a rubber duck float once to cross the Mighty Miss-uh-sip...but out a truck, of course!.

Alligator thought I was a real duck, and I almost didn't make it..