R&L | TX.Fatal 2 Semi's Crashed

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Any of you hear,or know any more details of this fatal double semi crash?
11224455_BG1.jpg

Part of I-30 closed after fatal semi accident - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana |

Rip

I came upon this accident this morning (9/29/09) at about 6:30 involving an R + L and a Conway. Niether truck was pulling doubles. It occurred on the westbound side of I-30 (30 miles east/NE of Mount Pleasant, TX) at the point where drivers can stop at the wide, deep shoulder (parking area) to rest. Nobody on the CB knew how it happened. But it had to be that the Conway was pulling out of the parking area and the R + L changed lanes from left to right and didn't see that the slow moving Conway was there. He was killed instantly. They didn't extract his body until later when the coroner showed up. Instead they covered the driver side window with a tarp because part of his upper body was sticking thru the window. I-30 was shut down almost an hour after this happened. I don't think the Conway driver was seriously injured, although he was taken away by ambulance. The impact was very powerful, leaving debris and oil over 200 feet from the point of impact. That's about how far the R + L truck pushed the Conway after striking it. The Conway had just pulled out onto the roadway when it got hit.

There's just no way we truck drivers should ever be tailgating each other or changing lanes when a clear view of the lane one is changing into isn't available.

I've had a situation similiar to this but got lucky,driving down the interstate and absolutely no vehicle in front of me, coming up on a rest area and some jerk parked on the get off ramp pulls right in front of me. This idiot did not use any flashers, didn't even cut on their headlights. I assume this person just woke up put the truck in gear and pulled out right in front of me traveling 65 mph. Luckily I wasn't playing with the radio or turning up a can of soda. Be careful and remember only you can increase the chances of returning home. I would hate to be waiting for the coroner, it seems like they take all day to show up.

Thanks for providing an update on this fatal crash sonnybonkers.
Sorry to hear about your co-worker being killed.
I searched the internet for more on this after I first posted this link,and could not find any more about it.

Yes I say may God have mercy on all of this drivers family,friends,and co-workers to remember him for the good he did while he was among everyone.

I searched the news services,and found very little more than this report I posted.
How sad to come to the end with so little reported about a life that was lost so tragically.