R&L | TX. R&LSemi crashed with a car hauler/near Plano.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Royse City Herald-Banner - String of I-30 accidents places heavy burden on RCPD

xl

Especially since they push start times back make us wait for freight and pile 15 deliveries on us and expect us to do pick ups !!!!!!!

That driver was running my old pedal route, 8am start, bunch of stops and a bunch of miles.......

He's doing ok I guess considering the damage his body took.

Ya notice that the article the link takes you to never mentions that the state is doing construction along that stretch?? There have been wrecks everyday along that piece of highway, all in or around the contruction area. Me thinks maybe there could be a linkage....

Does anyone know if the driver lost his job over this accident? Just curious as to how he is doing...

Don't know if he'll lose his job or not yet, don't believe he'd had any chargeables for a couple of years tho....

Guess it'll all depend on whether or not he can physically come back to work, he's got a long road to go down before he heals up. Still in the hospital, likely will be for at least the forseeable future.
That photo shows the good side of the wreck. The impact was HARD, tore the engine and tranny out of the frame, front axle knocked back into the fuel tanks, ripped the cab off the frame and sandwiched it against the trailer. The top deck of the car hauler and the mini-van on top caved the firewall into the drivers space and shoved him and the seat through the floor. Took EMS over an hour to cut him out.
He's pretty busted up, both legs and both arms had compound fractures and crush injuries, busted ribs, puntured lung, internal injuries and such........

I just thank the LORD that my friend is still alive and am really thankful that he was wearing his seatbelt. Something to think about isn't it?

Ya'll have a good holiday weekend, I'm headed to the beach in the morning, gots to go decompress!!! :shades:

Don't know if he'll lose his job or not yet, don't believe he'd had any chargeables for a couple of years tho....

Guess it'll all depend on whether or not he can physically come back to work, he's got a long road to go down before he heals up. Still in the hospital, likely will be for at least the forseeable future.
That photo shows the good side of the wreck. The impact was HARD, tore the engine and tranny out of the frame, front axle knocked back into the fuel tanks, ripped the cab off the frame and sandwiched it against the trailer. The top deck of the car hauler and the mini-van on top caved the firewall into the drivers space and shoved him and the seat through the floor. Took EMS over an hour to cut him out.
He's pretty busted up, both legs and both arms had compound fractures and crush injuries, busted ribs, puntured lung, internal injuries and such........

I just thank the LORD that my friend is still alive and am really thankful that he was wearing his seatbelt. Something to think about isn't it?

Ya'll have a good holiday weekend, I'm headed to the beach in the morning, gots to go decompress!!! :shades:

Thanks for the info Diver...Had no idea he was in as bad as shape as he is in...Will keep him in our prayers, please keep us updated on his status...

Have a great time at the beach, I am decompressing over the three day weekend myself, but just hangin around the house...

we had a posting on the the board at work that said he passed away and it was cause he was texting while driving that was like a couple weeks ago ????????

I was just wondering why R&L has so many accidents. They really are not one of the largest LtL's company's out there. Do they have a safety department? Do they push their drivers to hard. I run Line haul 48 states with one of the largest LTL's #2 as a matter of fact and when I get on truckingboards and look at all the accidents it seems like R&L has another wreck. I also have them (R&L) pass me on the highway no matter what state I am in, and I am governed at 70mph. I have to log no more than 60 mph or 55 depending on the state, some like Ca. IL. Or. have 55mph for trucks. I just hope one of your drivers don't kill me or my family driving carelessly on the highway. Be Safe and slow down. Don't let dispatchers run you out of a job because of a preventable accident. Protect your CDL.

the corporate mentality at rl is hurry,hurry,hurry.from the p&d drivers to the dock to the yard hostlers,to road drivers the need to go,go go is always there.some drivers say they dont feel this, but majority of them do.our company manual used to tell you to have a thermos of coffe,as they did not want you to stop for any reason,even bathroom.yes, our accidents are much higher than they should be for a company our size.traffic, hurry.weather,hurry.construction,hurry.dont be late or you get chewed out,even if its not your fault. biggest speed reason, trying to make up for late start due to dock not finishing trailer.drivers have to wait for no pay, their day gets longer and longer, they get frustrated because they are now working 12-13 hours for 9 hours pay.no pay for waiting,no pay for switching, no pay for breakdowns,etc,.gterat place to work if you dont mind giving up a lot of time for free.:nutkick:

I was just wondering why R&L has so many accidents. They really are not one of the largest LtL's company's out there. Do they have a safety department? Do they push their drivers to hard. I run Line haul 48 states with one of the largest LTL's #2 as a matter of fact and when I get on truckingboards and look at all the accidents it seems like R&L has another wreck. I also have them (R&L) pass me on the highway no matter what state I am in, and I am governed at 70mph. I have to log no more than 60 mph or 55 depending on the state, some like Ca. IL. Or. have 55mph for trucks. I just hope one of your drivers don't kill me or my family driving carelessly on the highway. Be Safe and slow down. Don't let dispatchers run you out of a job because of a preventable accident. Protect your CDL.

Why dont you go troll elsewhere.Our tractors are all set to 68 mph so how in hell are our drivers passing you?I noticed in your post history your really good and insulting the drivers of just about every company.I have to wonder why your changing jobs so much.Could you have a issue with your driving?By the way out of the first 10 pages in the truck accident section only 1 was R+L.Just another bit of evidence that your nothing more than a troll.

Why dont you go troll elsewhere.Our tractors are all set to 68 mph so how in hell are our drivers passing you?I noticed in your post history your really good and insulting the drivers of just about every company.I have to wonder why your changing jobs so much.Could you have a issue with your driving?

ty and alot of the wrecks here lately are do to other people pulling out in front of of commiting sucide