Type 2 Diabetes and Trucking

Be cautious with ‘wheat’ bread at the grocery store. Some manufacturers just add molasses to the white bread mixture, and label it ‘wheat’.
as well as there are many varieties of wheat bread.

one has more of this, another has more than that, another tastes like cardboard, another tastes like NY Horse Taxi manure .

i have tried many brands of wheat bread, and over the past 2 or 3 years now, i have settled in with Sara Lee Honey Wheat

i need not hear anyone tell me, "well you ought to try, this bread, or that bread"....

read the labels, try what brands you wanna try, then either stick with it, or not.

all that rhetoric about brands, is money spent, you ain't gonna get back.

as the sad part of your individual testing, is that many times, there is only 1 size loaf of bread that you can buy, and if you don't like it, you're stuck with it, until you finish it....

and just cuz 1 loaf of wheat bread costs $2,968.99 doesn't mean it's any healthier or delicious as a $3.50 loaf.

I do not like to reveal my personal life on here but this topic is too important for others not to share this information.
On Jan 14 I visited my Dr and registered an A1C of a Whopping 10.4 , The worst ever for me and I knew I had to make a change or I was at major risk for a heart attack or stroke , blindness or even death A Change had to be made and this change was to begin now and not later.
This 04/21/23 morning I went back to the Dr. and my A1C was 6.5, Lost about 10 lbs and never missed a meal or went hungry.
You can control this 100% by what you put in your mouth . Don't wait until it's too late. Uncontrolled Diabetes will kill you and your family needs you. It's not hard even on the road you just have to plan your meals and stay away from fast food. If you are ashamed and want to talk to me 1 on 1 I will do everything I can to point you in the right direction just PM Me Don't ignore it guys

Always remember when you read a label if something has for example 5 carbs per serving and 3 grams of fiber per serving your net carb for that serving will be 2 carbs. You can always subtract the amount of fiber from the carb count Fiber is a friend to a Diabetic

PXL_20230426_134658989.md.jpeg

PXL_20230426_134707800.md.jpeg

Always remember when you read a label if something has for example 5 carbs per serving and 3 grams of fiber per serving your net carb for that serving will be 2 carbs. You can always subtract the amount of fiber from the carb count Fiber is a friend to a Diabetic

PXL_20230426_134658989.md.jpeg

PXL_20230426_134707800.md.jpeg
I'll be getting my A1c in May... Ive been doing better on my eating habits, However, the v last 2xweeks I've slid backwards...nothing like what I was eating ...but not as disciplined.... so we'll see if it reflects on the numbers.. last November it was 9.4..... if it's not worse, I’ll call it a victory...and keep struggling....
I appreciate your posts .... its good to benefit from those more experienced....

I'll be getting my A1c in May... Ive been doing better on my eating habits, However, the v last 2xweeks I've slid backwards...nothing like what I was eating ...but not as disciplined.... so we'll see if it reflects on the numbers.. last November it was 9.4..... if it's not worse, I’ll call it a victory...and keep struggling....
I appreciate your posts .... its good to benefit from those more experienced....
cut out regular bread, potatoes and flour and sugar or anything made with those or anything made with corn
No rice or pasta. Brown rice better than white but still too many carbs eat a half cup of black beans every now and then.
No Fruit except strawberries, black berries or raspberry's and in moderation. Use "Skinny Girl" brand jelly and jams a half peanut butter and jelly sammich will satisfy your sweet tooth & give you protein that will make you feel fuller (Smuckers Natural PB 0 carb bread like I eat and Skinny Girl Jelly)

Eat regular butter
eat regular mayo
eat nothing with "light" on the label because they add carbs to make it "Light"
eat steaks
bake chicken wings with baking powder on them instead of flour
eat bacon
eat eggs

Count your carbs and see what you tolerate , start at 100 carbs a day and if you are still too high drop it 10 until you find your sweet spot. I usually eat under 50 per day.

The goal is not 0 carbs the goal is good carbs that burn slower

cut out regular bread, potatoes and flour and sugar or anything made with those or anything made with corn
No rice or pasta. Brown rice better than white but still too many carbs eat a half cup of black beans every now and then.
No Fruit except strawberries, black berries or raspberry's and in moderation. Use "Skinny Girl" brand jelly and jams a half peanut butter and jelly sammich will satisfy your sweet tooth & give you protein that will make you feel fuller (Smuckers Natural PB 0 carb bread like I eat and Skinny Girl Jelly)

Eat regular butter
eat regular mayo
eat nothing with "light" on the label because they add carbs to make it "Light"
eat steaks
bake chicken wings with baking powder on them instead of flour
eat bacon
eat eggs

Count your carbs and see what you tolerate , start at 100 carbs a day and if you are still too high drop it 10 until you find your sweet spot. I usually eat under 50 per day.

The goal is not 0 carbs the goal is good carbs that burn slower
Sounds like logical advice... I've done a lot of that but lately have skid back...i love plain crackers and have had very few since last summer...but last couple weeks I've been eating more of that than I should...... I've got to gather up my will power once again .

I'll look for that "skinny girl" brand...thanks!

Appreciate the information...

Sounds like logical advice... I've done a lot of that but lately have skid back...i love plain crackers and have had very few since last summer...but last couple weeks I've been eating more of that than I should...... I've got to gather up my will power once again .

I'll look for that "skinny girl" brand...thanks!

Appreciate the information...
another thing to do is, "some exercise"....

nothing hard, or fancy, maybe a walk around a running track?

i try to get in at least 1/2 mile 3 to 4 times a week, when my plantar fasciitis is not killing my foot.

many times, when my foot cooperates? i walk that 1/2 miles 6 days a week, early in the morning, when the track is all to myself.

you'd be surprised the calories you burn off doing a brisk walk, when you work up to that pace.

when my plantar fasciitis is not killing my foot.
Sorry to hear you have that issue... it makes things so much more difficult... I've got Binions... they can be painful at times.... plus femoral nerve issue in my right thigh...
It's tough to get old....

you'd be surprised the calories you burn off doing a brisk walk, when you work up to that pace.
Yes indeed... that, along with regular bike riding, is what keeps me looking youthful.....

Sorry to hear you have that issue... it makes things so much more difficult... I've got Binions... they can be painful at times.... plus femoral nerve issue in my right thigh...
It's tough to get old....

Yes indeed... that, along with regular bike riding, is what keeps me looking youthful.....
i think they shoot horses for less.......

good thing, we don't know how to whinnie........