POLITICS U.s. And China Reach Trade Deal

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Keepingon, Oct 11, 2019 at 4:38 PM.

1. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/stocks-jumping-on-trade-optimism

Stocks slid off their best levels of the session on Friday after the U.S. and China agreed to a "phase one deal" in the trade war, but still managed to post strong gains.

The deal, which has been agreed to in principle and will take three to five weeks to write, includes China agreeing to raise its agricultural purchases to between $40 billion and $50 billion from $8 billion to $16 billion, in addition to making reforms on intellectual property and financial services. The U.S. will not be raising tariffs from 25 percent to 30 percent on Oct. 15. A decision has not yet been made on the tariff increase scheduled for Dec. 15.

A comprehensive trade deal will have two or three phases, according to Trump. China's trade team is calling the agreement a "pause" in the trade war, and not a deal.

falconfan and Northern Flash like this.
  2. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Another accomplishment they said couldn’t be done and AS USUAL Without any co-operation from the do nothing Democrats.

3. Driver71

Driver71 AKA:DBLCLUTCH

Farmers will be buying more land to grow the 50 billion dollars worth of crops they have to send to China.

4. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Thanks to all those treasonous scumbag democrats President Trump is handcuffed in his negotiation position.
    It’s better to put these negotiations on the shelf until after he wins in 2020.

Northern Flash likes this.
  5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Democrat Propaganda AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    If it's good for America, it's bad for the Democrats. This will have them outraged!

Keepingon likes this.
  6. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    wtfteamster said:
    I'm not a troll by the way. Even though you think this is a "I wanna suck Trumps cock forum", Im sorry you tell you, it's not.
    So I'm pretty sure I can post my opinion

7. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

The deal, which has been agreed to in principle and will take three to five weeks to write, includes China agreeing to raise its agricultural purchases to between $40 billion and $50 billion from $8 billion to $16 billion, in addition to making reforms on intellectual property and financial services. The U.S. will not be raising tariffs from 25 percent to 30 percent on Oct. 15. A decision has not yet been made on the tariff increase scheduled for Dec. 15.

Here's another group who wants Trump out. The free trade people........the investors and businesses who want cheap foreign good shipped in but think our manufactures are too expensive......they like BIG AG.
    It's my thoughts that Big Ag is behind most of the illegal immigration stuff.

So this is great for them....and they couldn't care less if trump was impeached at this 'first phase' of the trade deal..Big AG got theirs.

A big issue in the civil war was the north wanted manufacturing protected with heavy tariffs.....this forced the farmers to pay more for the stuff needed to work the farms....and made it so that trade partners could retaliate with tariffs on their produce.

Big Ag wanted free trade since them times.
    My personal opinion is that although big ag makes a few people rich.....the majority of people throughout the perishable food industry from farms to plate.....do not make the money needed to raise families, buy homes, cars, and raise a family.
    This is a large part of the economics we have followed since the Japanese cars came rolling in....and the manufacturing went rolling out.....and the new breed of slaves called illegl aliens came in to serve the farmers....they are in all kinds of businesses now.

buffalobill likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    The advancement towards a deal with China has the Democrats scurrying. They know that this would be a big boost for middle America and they are scrambling to find something negative about it. And this will also force the stock market up even further because of the confidence in the trade, so they are once again in panic mode.
    As usual, the Dems have positioned themselves to where if it's good for America, it's bad for their party. Huge strategic blunder in my opinion.