ABF | UE/Linehaul

Yes, the KW"s had problems front to rear. The PACCAR engine gave problems, emission systems & wiring/electrical. There will be no more KW"s at ABF. Mack builds a better tractor. KW & Pete are not what they once were.
False.. KW is the best traditional tractor out there.

The main issue is that ABF purchased a PACCAR engine vs a Cummins

Look at FedEx for example. 90% of our fleet is KW and Pete’s for a reason (we have Cummins on all equipment)

What does ABF make hourly?...26...27...28?
Pension contribution per month when I left was roughly $1200
Health and welfare was roughly $1200.
FedEx is roughly $33 an hour.
Unless I'm totally off ABF is well over $40
A lot of these guys work here...are my figures close or was I thinking H&W and pension combined was 1200 per month 13 years ago?
You are under estimating the nons total compensation. Also your pension and health benefits are top tier but way over priced when compared to open market options. The two are not apples to apples.

You are under estimating the nons total compensation. Also your pension and health benefits are top tier but way over priced when compared to open market options. The two are not apples to apples.
I could be underestimating things.
I don't carry our insurance so its of no consequence to me.
I do put in 401k money which does need to be considered as well.
Provided the individual takes advantage of it.
Our pension is a joke, so I never really consider that.
On the union side...
Team care is the best insurance I've ever had when I was still in a union job in my experience using it.
The pension is another argument... Personally now that its shored up I'd much rather have that guaranteed money.