ABF | UE/Linehaul

How's a 29 year old get a 600 mile run with options to pass days?
Not saving ya can't ...just curious

I'm extraboard with 4 people under me on the extraboard and 7 people under me total. I pass on shuttle runs and that leaves me not working until Thursday and Friday for a few reasons

1) guys get cancelled and end up taking night runs. They end up running nights the rest of the week.

2) guys take CC days at the end of the week

3) my building is mostly long runs. We have 15 shuttle runs and 54 meets/turns, it's not hard to land on a meet/turn

4) my building didn't hire road drivers after COVID furloughs and a lot of them didn't come back. It took me 2.75 years to get the road board, but I'm not in a horrible spot due to the amount of people that have left and the laxed attitude in hiring road drivers. More than enough city drivers to cover runs during that time.

I also take a picture of the off calendar for the month so I know where I'll land based on scheduled days off and the extraboard guys above me share whether they're running or not so I know how to select my runs.

Last edited:
I'm extraboard with 4 people under me on the extraboard and 7 people under me total. I pass on shuttle runs and that leaves me not working until Thursday and Friday for a few reasons

1) guys get cancelled and end up taking night runs. They end up running nights the rest of the week.

3) my building is mostly long runs. We have 15 shuttle runs and 54 meets/turns, it's not hard to land on a meet/turn

4) my building didn't hire road drivers after COVID furloughs and a lot of them didn't come back. It took me 2.75 years to get the road board, but I'm not in a horrible spot due to the amount of people that have left and the laxed attitude in hiring road drivers. More than enough city drivers to cover runs during that time.

I also take a picture of the off calendar for the month so I know where I'll land based on scheduled days off and the extraboard guys above me share whether they're running or not so I know how to select my runs.
That's a lot of friends sharing that info

You are so observant driver! Its uncanny...
Lmao
:lmao: :15: :lmao: :438:.

It's that ar kin saw edicasion

My spidey senses are telling me that your not real fond of this guy. Most people wouldn’t catch it, but I am pretty good at picking up on the subtle details you provided.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'd say I'm indifferent, but I trust your Spidey senses. I'll change it to "not fond of". Can't tell the wife though because then she brings up the amount of times my brothers been arrested. Dirty fighter she is.

I don't have a sister in law, but if it makes you feel better my brother in law is a loser and a condescending arrogant bastard at the same time. He's the smartest stay at home dad this side of the Mississippi and the Mason Dixon. Yes sir, he takes a lot of pride in being a stay at home dad to a 16 year old. Hasn't gotten a pay check in 17 years.
We spent a lot of time on the dock together

It's that ar kin saw edicasion

I'd say I'm indifferent, but I trust your Spidey senses. I'll change it to "not fond of". Can't tell the wife though because then she brings up the amount of times my brothers been arrested. Dirty fighter she is.
I have found saying " not fond of" is an excellent way to call someone an a**hole
Bless your heart.:lmao:

Streak, this wasn't a very smart post.
Had you used your noggin, you could have sold this info for big bucks.

Not entirely correct SOR....OD pays the balance of the insurance...that $87.50 doesn't cover the whole cost, the employer pays a portion of the bill....what that portion is who knows...most employers don't share that....
Also need to add 401 match, if applicable. Not OD driver but assume they have. We can also discuss Linehaul per mile & truck’s mph, not to mention 5-600 mile home everyday runs. The pro vs non argument has little merit. Unhappy where one works? Switch jobs or organize. But, FFS, will this never end? No offense 381, it’s not you, the argument is tiresome.

The company must be planning on a downturn soon. More of the KW"s are being sold. The ABF Used Equipment has some more listed for $52K-$58K.
I heard by the end of 2022 Kws will all be gone . They had lots of problems and problematic. We had some in our city at 051 and there trying to get rid of them . Heard they will start putting the 2020s in the city and no 19 screws in the city .

I heard by the end of 2022 Kws will all be gone . They had lots of problems and problematic. We had some in our city at 051 and there trying to get rid of them . Heard they will start putting the 2020s in the city and no 19 screws in the city .
Yes, the KW"s had problems front to rear. The PACCAR engine gave problems, emission systems & wiring/electrical. There will be no more KW"s at ABF. Mack builds a better tractor. KW & Pete are not what they once were.