ABF | UE/Linehaul

I'd have to work 40 hours at ABF to gross a little over 1,000. I make that working an average of 23 hours at FedEx and I have the rest of the week to hustle and do other things.
S69, did you mean 33 hours instead of 23 hours to make $1000.00?
The reason I ask is because you would have to make roughly $43.50 an hour to earn $1000.00 in 23 hours. Maybe I should be working for you guys!!!

The pension fund issues we had in the past will most likely not be a problem in the future. The problem in the past was due to a multi-employer pension fund that at one time had hundreds of freight companies under the same plan. When one company failed, the other companies had to pick up the slack to cover the pension obligations of the employees of the failing Company. One by one, the number of companies under this multi-employer pension fund dwindled down to the YRCW companies and ABF.
It was so bad that at one point there were four people drawing a pension for every one person paying in.
So S69, the answer to your question is this. When 2050 gets here, the ones drawing a pension today from the multi-employer pension fund will most likely not be around drawing a pension from it in 2050.
With the exception of SeaBreeze and TriPlex of course!!!
I'm glad you added that last sentence, cause I only got about half of the money UPS paid to get out of CS.
If they start making electric boats, I made trade and will need a little more money.

That would be me and the number on the check is the most important thing. With financial literacy being openly available to everyone, it's not hard to make sure you're set up for retirement without a pension. You also have the doom and gloom of the pension going the way of social security and not being available when I'm eligible for it...a little over 30 years. I also don't want my retirement funds tied to my employer. Then work feels like a prison sentence. I can walk from FedEx at any time and not worry about my 401k. I also plan on retiring in 26 years at 55. All those wheels are in motion. Until ABF presents a better check, they're not going to attract quality people.
I can give you some advice about retiring at 55.
I retired at 54 after 35 yrs with Ryder, PIE.
It may not be all it's cracked up to be.
I can go all day long doing absolutely nothing, but I never know when I'm finished.
You may want to give this some thought.
As for quality people, I've always been leery of some of those ABF guys.

The reason I ask is because you would have to make roughly $43.50 an hour to earn $1000.00 in 23 hours. Maybe I should be working for you guys!!!

No, that's about right. I'm the bottom guy on the extra board. I have been lucky and have been getting 4-5 days a week. Sometimes I only get 2 or 3. With 3 days, roughly 9 hours a day, I gross over $1000.

If you spend most of your time driving, you can average around $43.50 an hour. Plus with task pay, hooking and dropping pays you for 30 minutes, but it only takes about 15. I drop out fast, then go clock into the dock. Anything I can do to maximize my paycheck.

And I thought for sure I was the youngest person on this board. S69 has me beat by a couple years, but I think a lot like he does. I actually had a pension at my last job. I make a lot more now, and work fewer hours. I also save and invest a lot of what I make so I can retire. While I have no plans to leave FXF, it is nice not being tied to a company.

We don't always control our circumstances, so I like to have as much control as possible over what I can.

No, that's about right. I'm the bottom guy on the extra board. I have been lucky and have been getting 4-5 days a week. Sometimes I only get 2 or 3. With 3 days, roughly 9 hours a day, I gross over $1000.

If you spend most of your time driving, you can average around $43.50 an hour. Plus with task pay, hooking and dropping pays you for 30 minutes, but it only takes about 15. I drop out fast, then go clock into the dock. Anything I can do to maximize my paycheck.

And I thought for sure I was the youngest person on this board. S69 has me beat by a couple years, but I think a lot like he does. I actually had a pension at my last job. I make a lot more now, and work fewer hours. I also save and invest a lot of what I make so I can retire. While I have no plans to leave FXF, it is nice not being tied to a company.

We don't always control our circumstances, so I like to have as much control as possible over what I can.
So you and S69 are not city drivers but more of a combo/utility driver I am guessing as you guys are getting mileage pay and hourly pay. I got it now. Thanks for the clarification Ex 5-0!!!

I did not. I generally take 2- 600 mile (or more) runs a week. With drops and hooks I make about 520/day and the day is usually 10-12 hours long. Mileage pay comes out to about 455 and task pay is about 60 dollars. My work schedule is currently Thursday and Friday.

I want an electric chair for my sister-in-law.
Get 2, my sister-in-law would love one.

I don't have a sister in law, but if it makes you feel better my brother in law is a loser and a condescending arrogant bastard at the same time. He's the smartest stay at home dad this side of the Mississippi and the Mason Dixon. Yes sir, he takes a lot of pride in being a stay at home dad to a 16 year old. Hasn't gotten a pay check in 17 years.

I did not. I generally take 2- 600 mile (or more) runs a week. With drops and hooks I make about 520/day and the day is usually 10-12 hours long. Mileage pay comes out to about 455 and task pay is about 60 dollars. My work schedule is currently Thursday and Friday.
Exactly what are you going to do when things pickup and you have to run 5 days a week?

I don't have a sister in law, but if it makes you feel better my brother in law is a loser and a condescending arrogant bastard at the same time. He's the smartest stay at home dad this side of the Mississippi and the Mason Dixon. Yes sir, he takes a lot of pride in being a stay at home dad to a 16 year old. Hasn't gotten a pay check in 17 years.
My spidey senses are telling me that your not real fond of this guy. Most people wouldn’t catch it, but I am pretty good at picking up on the subtle details you provided.
:lmao::lmao::lmao: