ODFL | Ummm!!!wow!!!

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
Well,again I was just surfing around the site.Look at all the bad talk&un-happiness of employee's at other company's&what is going on..Well,everytime I do that I come back with a better feeling of O.D...We all have a good thing going.We all have bad day's& don't agree with thing's.But,I can say on the O.D. forum you don't see one bad thing talked about .That just show's the upper respect for every O.D. member on this sight& the other member's who work at other company's who respond in a respectful way on commenting on O.D. make me proud&feel good about working for such a great company.Just saying..::dance:

it must be great to hide behide the keyboard. However, with that said just based upon what we all hear out there everyday most of us can understand why they complain, or at least I do.

Yes,I do!!Just feel very fortunate we have great upper management in place to run the show&can't forget the great employee's.Because without them we wouldn't be where we are today.

OD reminders me a lot of how Viking Freight used to be. OD didn't participate in the rate war trying to put YRC out of business, so they were making money while the rest of us were losing millions. They also moved people around when things got slow instead of laying people off. Now Fedex Freight is just a little fish in the big Fedex pond. Viking Management was replaced by Fedex. I was fortunate, Fedex Freight offered me a very nice severance check to retire last January. I took the money and ran. Beware of the big corporate buyout, and you should stay happy campers. TP

Thanks Pipes!hope alls going well for you.A buyout would be worrying luckily the founding family are the largest shareholders(according to the 10k filing)plus the employees also own large amounts of OD stock.A potential buyer would probably have to pay a premium price for this company.

DayliteDean said:
Thanks Pipes!hope alls going well for you.A buyout would be worrying luckily the founding family are the largest shareholders(according to the 10k filing)plus the employees also own large amounts of OD stock.A potential buyer would probably have to pay a premium price for this company.

Viking employees owned a lot of Viking stock. When Roadway decided they wanted Viking they paid well over the stock value. People made some good money. Lucky for us, would not know it by this forum, we were very lucky to be purchased by FedEx.