Yellow | un-answered question

1 thing i can agree with bfalls with . the price of our health insurance from the union . it is way more expensive than any other insurance around . i priced it for group large and small and nothing is as pricey as our is . wonder why ?
think they need to check into a differant insurance that could save every1 money and have better coverage

1 thing i can agree with bfalls with . the price of our health insurance from the union . it is way more expensive than any other insurance around . i priced it for group large and small and nothing is as pricey as our is . wonder why ?
think they need to check into a differant insurance that could save every1 money and have better coverage

How much are YOU paying ?

about 750 a week . as many like to think its not just a free insurance policy. its part of MY nmfa pay scale or part of my salery

about 750 a week . as many like to think its not just a free insurance policy. its part of MY nmfa pay scale or part of my salery

That's not right ! You are overestimating the amount, so try again . $750 a week times 4 weeks a month would be $3000 a month and I know for a fact that incorrect !!

you must be talking reduced amount that they really pay not what they are suppose to be paying. but whatever they price I PAY IT .NOT THEM ITS NOT FREE .

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe its around $12,000 a year that is paid by the company for your insurance. So somewhere around $1000 a month. I don't know about the rest of the funds, but Central States has around 40 UNION TEAMSTER employees receiving the same benefits as anyone else. I wonder why it isn't cheaper?

They could keep the Teamster phone bank and implement smoking cessation and weight loss incentives to lower costs. A lot of companies charge smokers and fata**es.

What YRCW is paying per employee averages out to $1100 nation wide . Now you ask why that amount seems high well here's the answer . Out of that amount a portion is used to cover the cost of disabled retirees medical and also to supplement the cost for regular retirees . Now as they say you know the rest of the story !

Shocking, Longblade posts inaccurate information as fact then someone steps in and dumps a truckload of egg on his face by posting the actual facts.

guess you got time for checking for all of us reg. if i had the time off you have i would get exact #s but sorry gotta leave at 5 for 7pm start time . be home again at 5 am cool getting 8hours pay-15% for a 12 hour day .
nope no O/T for me ill suffer by cutting back as long as guys are layed off , btw zero hour ot this year since they stopped forcing it

bojangle's biscuits sound pretty good.

Since this is the unanswered questions thread...why is Zollars really quitting and what will his life have in store for him next?

i see him running another company into the ground.....

I try to think positively. I was thinking more along the lines of him opening a mini clown car customizing shop or he could do like Gray Davis and open a Baskin Robbins. Everyone loves ice cream?

Disabled

What YRCW is paying per employee averages out to $1100 nation wide . Now you ask why that amount seems high well here's the answer . Out of that amount a portion is used to cover the cost of disabled retirees medical and also to supplement the cost for regular retirees . Now as they say you know the rest of the story !
If you are Disabled and recieve Disabilty Social Security you lose your Insurance thru the Union and go on Medicare :Poke:

I would have to think that it would depend on what region of the country you live in..I am in the northeast and the standard of living is a heck of a lot more where I am than if I was living say,the southeast or any of the southern gulf states..I choose to live here but I was making decent wage and the bennies were good but now that is gone the wages they pay us now with no overtime are slightly above poverty.If I still had all the kids here and I was supporting them I would qualify for foodstamps ..I now see why the nons have different pay scales depending on where you live..I say enough is enough period..

I'm glad to see a number of folks get it.

I've been in the industry 23 years. Longer than many, but not as long as some. In any event, long enough to know quite a few folks in the industry and see more than one carrier shut their doors. I've been a Teamster (396 back in the day), been in management both Union and non-Union barns, been self-employed for the last 11 years. So, I've seen things from various perspectives.

The number of Teamster folks who seem to have some sense of entitlement beyond an honest days' pay for a honest days' work is incredible. I really think many are so out of touch with reality that they have no idea what their real options are. Jumping out the frying pan and into the fire as a poster above said.

Most of us in the industry aren't educated. I don't have a college degree. Anybody still "working" at YRC probably has somewhere around 20 years or more as a teamster...what other skills do you bring to the table? Any idea how many non-union carriers will not hire you simply because of your employment history? Where else do you think you can go and receive even 80% of your current wages, insurance, vacation, etc.?

Take the pay cut and then work your ass off to try to do your part to turn the company around. It may not work, and you were paid less for the effort. But at least you can hold your head high knowing you have some work ethics. Otherwise, you can just work 10% less and enjoy the free ride as long as you can. I guess some would feel proud of that....not me.

images
images

I don't have a sense of entitlement or that I deserve anything. Never did. To ask when is enough enough is like--can I have my champagne now? The company has made a miracle comeback but still not far from insolvency. To demand and believe you're worth more that just a few post is a joke. Thanks to the teamster union we were the best of the best but I think it's over for awhile. It's all about the finances

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easier to be pushed into a blazing fire, than to jump into it yourself. The workers are waiting for the company to determine their future. The "YES" vote does this, but still does not guarantee a healthy company. The "NO" voters feel that the company may not survive, or is holding out pay and benefits just to become a working non-union company. As for the 25% payment into the pension next year, The Western Conference may not allow it.

Out of the industry for 11 years, but looks like the "industry is still on your mind. If a non union LTL driver gets a LTL union job. Over a period of time, it has been shown that the worker will become "lazy" and "entitled". Why? because the worker always was untrustworthy, and needed a gun to the head to make him do his job. The best Teamsters I knew never needed a gun to the head to do a job. They did the work because they enjoyed it, and were better at it than their non union counterparts who only did the work because they didn't want to be FIRED.