Yellow | un-answered question

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
ok, i loo t.b. pretty regular and i've seen this asked before but never really answered. all you yes men keep saying well at least we still have a job, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah. could someone just please tell me when enough will be enough? that's all i'm asking. don't attack me or this post, just tell me what would be your breaking point to say no. when will enough b enough?:kickedoutsmile:

As soon as there is something better out in the world to go to, that's going to be different for everyone. Big O may be saying the recession has already bottomed but the job market still does not look that good and I sure would not want to start a business at the present time.

As a former Teamster, and someone who is on the outside looking in, I would like to make a couple of points. Companies like Fedex Freight and Conway spent millions of dollars trying to put YRCW out of business by cutting rates below cost. With the corporation of the membership, YRCW, the stock holders, and the banks, YRCW was able to survive. Now you have the banks running the show. The company and the union has made it very clear that there is no plan B. It seems to me a no vote would accomplish what Fedex Freight and Conway couldn't do. On the other hand according to the new concession package YRCW has to start contributing 25% to the pension on June 1, 2011. If that doesn't happen, then it might be time to revaluate the situation. I wish the best of luck to all my friends over at YRCW. TP

I guess enough is enough when I see job openings at other companys that could match my current wage and bene's at YRC. Not sure where you are but where Im at......the competition is eating us alive. We hardly have enough freight to send an outbound load some nights and there is NOBODY hiring, not even part time. So before I vote to put myself out of work, Im going to make damn sure I have new work lined up. You no voters got to have rocks in your head, thats all I can say.

Wow

As a former Teamster, and someone who is on the outside looking in, I would like to make a couple of points. Companies like Fedex Freight and Conway spent millions of dollars trying to put YRCW out of business by cutting rates below cost. With the corporation of the membership, YRCW, the stock holders, and the banks, YRCW was able to survive. Now you have the banks running the show. The company and the union has made it very clear that there is no plan B. It seems to me a no vote would accomplish what Fedex Freight and Conway couldn't do. On the other hand according to the new concession package YRCW has to start contributing 25% to the pension on June 1, 2011. If that doesn't happen, then it might be time to revaluate the situation. I wish the best of luck to all my friends over at YRCW. TP

If we had somebody running the show like you, We would be ok. Why don't the big boys have any common sence or a plan? I swear a second grader could do better. Good luck to you pipes.

I guess enough is enough when I see job openings at other companys that could match my current wage and bene's at YRC. Not sure where you are but where Im at......the competition is eating us alive. We hardly have enough freight to send an outbound load some nights and there is NOBODY hiring, not even part time. So before I vote to put myself out of work, Im going to make damn sure I have new work lined up. You no voters got to have rocks in your head, thats all I can say.

An astute observation and excellent logic. Never jump out of the frying pan into the fire. If this passes and we survive, we will in essence, kick our competition directly in the sack. It all hinges on timing. FedEx has laid off, closed terminals, Conway is doing the same. They gambled, and now it's time for them to lose. Big O said the recession ended last year, he just neglected to tell us that the Depression began immediately after. Hang tough.

yes, WHEN is "enough" the BULLY has been taking your lunch money and NOW tells you I am going to keep taking your lunch money for 5 MORE YEARS ?????? gee ok BULLY thats OK ???????????????????????

I think anytime you essentially offer FREE health insurance peiple will remain loyal to the company. For any job to pay over $14 an hour its a pretty good job these days. This isn't my personal breaking point, but I think you would see a lot more no votes if there was not health insurance or wages below $14HR. Its just labor. You can be replaced.

For truck drivers I don't think any LTL outfit should pay less than .40cpm and offer some type of health insurance for a reasonable cost. That would be my breaking point as a driver. I used to work for SMT and they pay .32cpm. So there are LTL companies trying to pay real low.

An astute observation and excellent logic. Never jump out of the frying pan into the fire. If this passes and we survive, we will in essence, kick our competition directly in the sack. It all hinges on timing. FedEx has laid off, closed terminals, Conway is doing the same. They gambled, and now it's time for them to lose. Big O said the recession ended last year, he just neglected to tell us that the Depression began immediately after. Hang tough.

Good Post, I still think the worst is yet to come!

paid-enough.gif

actually yes, $21.00 per pays the bills..Hoffa-Tyson will keep it a level of acceptability. That's their headache..let them worry about that cause you got enough of enough on your plate

Dominos.gif

It has been reached. But I will vote yes and begin to search for a new job. I am not very optimistic that there will be ANYTHING out there that comes close to what is still at YRC. Additionally I will not vote no because it is not my place to pass judgement on YRCW and in the proccess destroy the lives of so many people who are depending on YRCW survival.

Good Post, I still think the worst is yet to come!

Correct! We aren't off the Field of Battle yet, this is a skirmish with our note holders. Believe me, I don't like this at all, none of us do, BUT, given the economic situation that exists today, there really isn't anything out there that compares to what you already have. Someone made a point of Health care a couple of posts back, along with pay scales. YRC is still paying close to $300. per week per union employee, and 0.493 cpm/ $19.975 hourly, at full rate. The freight rates are depressed but they haven't made a cut in Health Care, which is the LAST REASON anyone would want to stay working here. Any contribution to the Pensions will be a PLUS, albeit, disbursements are going to be adjusted. Like I said in another post, These are EXTRAORDINARY TIMES that require EXTRAORDINARY MEASURES. Think wisely before speaking and look at the "Bigger Picture". Many livelihoods hang in the balance.

some still have their nuts and an oldest child . im sure we could offer them up when we run out of other things . omg end up like joe and windbag

ok, i loo t.b. pretty regular and i've seen this asked before but never really answered. all you yes men keep saying well at least we still have a job, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah. could someone just please tell me when enough will be enough? that's all i'm asking. don't attack me or this post, just tell me what would be your breaking point to say no. when will enough b enough?:kickedoutsmile:

Well according to the replies to your question, I sure hope the company don't read this board because if they do...... They will know that the teamster's union in the freight division is broken.............They can take away our work rules, pay no pension and lower our pay to whatever they feel like and you guys will accept it. Oh that's right I Don't have to pay for my crappy health insurance. Guess it will come in handy after this passes and you have to go see your local Proctologist to get your balls removed from your ass.................

well according to the replies to your question, i sure hope the company don't read this board because if they do...... They will know that the teamster's union in the freight division is broken.............they can take away our work rules, pay no pension and lower our pay to whatever they feel like and you guys will accept it. Oh that's right i don't have to pay for my crappy health insurance. Guess it will come in handy after this passes and you have to go see your local proctologist to get your balls removed from your ass.................

bwaaa haaaaaaaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! be sure to wash them when you finally get them back out!

The mistake was actually made when the Teamsters Union did not get more new trucking companys to join. Basically, once we FedEx and Conway plus a ::shit:: load of small regionals came along and did a half way decent job and didnt become Teamsters our power was severely weakened. If we dont pick it up, the shipper just calls somebody else, very simple.

Well according to the replies to your question, I sure hope the company don't read this board because if they do...... They will know that the teamster's union in the freight division is broken.............They can take away our work rules, pay no pension and lower our pay to whatever they feel like and you guys will accept it. Oh that's right I Don't have to pay for my crappy health insurance. Guess it will come in handy after this passes and you have to go see your local Proctologist to get your balls removed from your ass.................

Not only do they read this board, they use it to their advantage. Haven't you observed something being discussed here and just a week or two later, there is policy from the company on it? I have. BTW if you think the insurance is so "crappy", I implore you to go out and price/purchase your own, as you will go into "price shock". $300. per week is about the medium for insurance, some of that stuff goes upward of $750 A WEEK (Full Benefits with NO DEDUCTIBLE, pure 100%). $750 a week is the current 8 hour guarantee paid. Can you afford to give your weekly paycheck away to pay premiums? $750. X 52 = $39,000 per person. Or better yet, can you afford Obamacare/Welfare and be a dreg of the "State"?

Has everyone ever thought about rolling up their sleeves and working 20% harder?

With a name like Lazy Larry I am sure you got 20% more you could give. If everyone voting yes was so scared of losing their jobs maybe started actually giving a 110% everyday would make alot of difference. I don't hear that kind of talk and I see alot of guys standing around complaining when they oughta get off their rear ends and get to work! Just a thought.