ODFL | Unbelievable hiring practices

Dues in 1977 were $15.00 per month in Local 560. I just dug out my old receipts (I save everything). :smile new:
Darn it Tri, my dues in 77 were being paid to 617, but my last withdrawal card came out of 560. I hope you're enjoying this side of life. In 98 when with corn flake going back to Carlisle, running the new highway out of nys to PA, replacing s15 PA we ran by the llws in Williamsport in full bloom, August I guess, following an old timer. He called out on the radidio, take a good look kid, That's how the Other half lives!

Darn it Tri, my dues in 77 were being paid to 617, but my last withdrawal card came out of 560. I hope you're enjoying this side of life. In 98 when with corn flake going back to Carlisle, running the new highway out of nys to PA, replacing s15 PA we ran by the llws in Williamsport in full bloom, August I guess, following an old timer. He called out on the radidio, take a good look kid, That's how the Other half lives!
One day a old timer showed me how to get around the Williamsport problem by crossing that little Dam and railroad, run up the east bank.

There was no lawman on that particular roadway and for about a hour you can just roll. Make time you lost back in Harrisburg.

It seemed I spent all my life on that there US15 from NYS all the way down to North Carolina. What a road.

If I can just find that one Amish Joint prior to Sunbury one more time I would die happy. Thats a bucket list item. I am actually involved in hunting for a set of three bridges in a valley not far from the old Midway truckstop off a curve near Troy on I think 6. They must have replaced all of that by now.

One day a old timer showed me how to get around the Williamsport problem by crossing that little Dam and railroad, run up the east bank.

There was no lawman on that particular roadway and for about a hour you can just roll. Make time you lost back in Harrisburg.

It seemed I spent all my life on that there US15 from NYS all the way down to North Carolina. What a road.

If I can just find that one Amish Joint prior to Sunbury one more time I would die happy. Thats a bucket list item. I am actually involved in hunting for a set of three bridges in a valley not far from the old Midway truckstop off a curve near Troy on I think 6. They must have replaced all of that by now.
When I was last working for cf they were rebuilding that 15 just above 81 I believe. They were rerouting it out over the Suzie Q River to bypass at least one of the little towns. But while they were doing that the whole thing was a one lane construction zone. Once a week there was a big truck headon because the road was pitched to the inside. You sound like you have some fond memories on that road. But I'll never miss it.

When I was last working for cf they were rebuilding that 15 just above 81 I believe. They were rerouting it out over the Suzie Q River to bypass at least one of the little towns. But while they were doing that the whole thing was a one lane construction zone. Once a week there was a big truck headon because the road was pitched to the inside. You sound like you have some fond memories on that !d. But I'll never miss it.
For a time back in the late 1970's at Maislin we used to do meets with Buffalo drivers at Turkey Ranch in Trout Run north of Williamsport on old 15. The good old days