Holland | Uniforms

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
TM has been questioning us about company furnishing shirts. Is any other terminal's doing this? Grizz

oh man, Yellow starts making their drivers where unis and now u guys too ? great, us at NP are next. nothing like wearing a green uniform. we'll look like garbage men.

For holland At indy we have had uniforms for quite a while now. They told us we we a test and have been told that other terminals were going to get them also. They are standard mechanic type pinstripe shirts. (ugly if you ask me) Then yellow bought us. Now we are being asked the size we want for polo type shirts. We haven't been told if it's one shirt or if it's to be a uniform shirt. According to a picture on the wall ours will be blue on the top white in the middle and orange on the bottom.

Ours are going to be a grey T-shirt with a USF Holland logo on your chest (left side I think). Three to start and a couple of hats to boot. Wearing is optional for now. Ordered them a month or two ago.

In the East the city peddle drivers are required to wear them. They are orange with an embroidered logo.(polo style) Contrary to contract they are not maintained by the company as per NMFA.

froggie said:
In the East the city peddle drivers are required to wear them. They are orange with an embroidered logo.(polo style) Contrary to contract they are not maintained by the company as per NMFA.
Well USF doesn't have to abide by the contract.They have their own rules.

froggie said:

If they are not maintained by the company, you are not required to wear them. it is your option.

Down here, the shirts are mandatory. Caps are optional, but if worn must be USF. We made them put Union emblems on the shirts before we would wear them. All costs covered by USF. Shirts are mandatory for city hands only. Light blue pinstriped, and we have had them over a year, maybe two.

3Timeloser said:
Down here, the shirts are mandatory. Caps are optional, but if worn must be USF. We made them put Union emblems on the shirts before we would wear them. All costs covered by USF. Shirts are mandatory for city hands only. Light blue pinstriped, and we have had them over a year, maybe two.
I believe if you read the contract (USF is not binding to this) you will see that the Union logo is required also..

DB I believe 3timeloser is a Bestway employee. They may or maynot be a union barn. My question is, Usf ,if your going to start this uniform project, do it right. What I've heard is there will only be 3 shirts for city drivers only. I thought we worked 5 days. Also why not everybody, especially guys that work dock and city P/D. To me this is half azz. USF you probably have bigger fish to fry, so leave this to each local please. GRIZZ

We have 11 sets of shirts and pants through aramark. Holland pays all costs including laundry.
They have name/nickname, company logo, Union patch and they had a US flag on the right sleeve but they faded really bad so they were supposed to be taken off. A lot of guys just wear the shirts and some don't uniforms at all and they haven't been pushed. TM never said "you WILL wear this" but some dispatchers have pushed the issue a time or two. I don't think any paperwork has ever been issued. Personally I hate the pants so I wear my own jeans/shorts and the uniform shirt.

I know about a yr. ago there was a "pilot" program on the uniforms and a handfull of terminals got uniforms that the company took care of.

On the 3 tee-shirts and hat. Since they are buying them take them and wear them at your will. They can not force you to wear them due to the language in the contract.

Why is everybody making a big deal about this? If it is not by contract they can not enforce the issue of when you wear them.

Grizz said:
DB I believe 3timeloser is a Bestway employee. They may or maynot be a union barn. My question is, Usf ,if your going to start this uniform project, do it right. What I've heard is there will only be 3 shirts for city drivers only. I thought we worked 5 days. Also why not everybody, especially guys that work dock and city P/D. To me this is half azz. USF you probably have bigger fish to fry, so leave this to each local please. GRIZZ

Everyone in Louisville is getting the 3 T-shirts and hat to wear or not wear. I told them I would take anything that was free, if I didn't wear them I could always use them to wash the car.

Benny Hill said:
Everyone in Louisville is getting the 3 T-shirts and hat to wear or not wear. I told them I would take anything that was free, if I didn't wear them I could always use them to wash the car.
:smilie_132: :smilie_132: You can always put them on EBAY..:biglaugh: :biglaugh: