New Penn | Union Barns

Cab Lizzard

TB Veteran
Credits
How many New Penn barns are not Teamsters ? Pre merger ?
Or is it just the RTW scabs in different areas ?
Kinda like Reddaway out West with only a handful of Union Barns.
Many signed cards when they found out that the merger would have them entailing.

Many signed cards when they found out that the merger would have them entailing.
We are all closed shop states
I don't know if that's the right term. But we don't have RTW in the Northeast.

Last edited:
Right to work is a felony offense for criminals and cheapskates. The entitlement crowd.
Have you ever heard of The Labor Relations Act of 1935? It's a federal law that guarantees workers the right to form a union and bargain collectively. No state can stop workers from forming a union. 28 states, most of America, have RTW laws including the home of the UAW, Michigan.

Have you ever heard of The Labor Relations Act of 1935? It's a federal law that guarantees workers the right to form a union and bargain collectively. No state can stop workers from forming a union. 28 states, most of America, have RTW laws including the home of the UAW, Michigan.
Today's news:
We don't have right to work states in New Penn's region.
We do have laws which allow to pay administration fees equal to our dues and initiation though if one doesn't want to join. Amish or Mennonites might do something different but we don't have any where I'm at. And I don't think they affect much.
It isn't like the RTW states.

Today's news:
We do have laws which allow to pay administration fees equal to our dues and initiation though if one doesn't want to join. Amish or Mennonites might do something different but we don't have any where I'm at. And I don't think they affect much.
The only thing RTW laws do is make the union responsive to the members. You are a "slave" to the union if you cannot work without paying them each month. Your BA can negotiate any work rules he wants to, and you can do nothing. If you let the union know that they must honor your wishes or lose your dues money, they will listen.
I have a carry permit. Should the NRA be able to take monthly dues money from me because they say, the NRA represents all gun owners?

Reddaway was/is mostly union, all of California, Oregon and Washington were union. I don’t know where you get that is was majority non union, and frankly, resent the fact that you’re calling them scabs. You have no clue what that term actually, and historically means.

Last edited:
Reddaway was/is mostly union, all of California, Oregon and Washington were union. I don’t know where you get that is was majority non union, and frankly, resent the fact that you’re calling them scabs. You have no clue what that term actually, and historically means.
So is every barn in these three states are under a contract union ?
Have been told only a handful at best were Teamsters in the West by a IBT western Region VP. In the USF days.

So the Idaho, Montana, Utah, Colorado and Arizona were not under a union contract .
What term would you use ?
One that is less offensive. Right to work ?
I don't know where your located but in my little world None of Reddaway terminals other than the 3 states you mentioned were Union. Their are still some office and shop that will not sign cards. The rest did because of the merger and them entailing.
I am sure the will sign ASAP when Yellow works their synergies in their work area's .

So is every barn in these three states are under a contract union ?
Have been told only a handful at best were Teamsters in the West by a IBT western Region VP. In the USF days.

So the Idaho, Montana, Utah, Colorado and Arizona were not under a union contract .
What term would you use ?
One that is less offensive. Right to work ?
I don't know where your located but in my little world None of Reddaway terminals other than the 3 states you mentioned were Union. Their are still some office and shop that will not sign cards. The rest did because of the merger and them entailing.
I am sure the will sign ASAP when Yellow works their synergies in their work area's .
How about "non-union" for those not working under a union contract. The term "scab" is not to be used lightly, it refers only to someone who crosses a picket line to work under strike conditions. Non-union people are just that and not "scabs".

The only thing RTW laws do is make the union responsive to the members. You are a "slave" to the union if you cannot work without paying them each month. Your BA can negotiate any work rules he wants to, and you can do nothing. If you let the union know that they must honor your wishes or lose your dues money, they will listen.
I have a carry permit. Should the NRA be able to take monthly dues money from me because they say, the NRA represents all gun owners?
When you make workers go thru a 3 year war and make them have to do that to get a union in and get a contract right to work laws undermine that victory.
One side must fight and the other never has to.
Get rid of that process and war and you can have right to work.......but we get to join and get representation and small contracts wherever we want.
No organizing drive anywhere.......and our numbers will multiply like never before seen.

Right to work union everywhere also.
With contracts and lawyers.
Do your businessmen want that?

Today's news:
That would be an Open Shop.

Study up on your dictionary kids.

You have the right to believe what you wish.
But Websters dictionary and I are on the same page.
Study up on your dictionary kids.
Sonny boy, you can quote Websters all you want and I can quote various other sources which say the opposite but as someone who was initiated as a Teamster in 1971, I can assure you the term scab applies to those who cross a picket line, not to typical non-union workers. And continuing to refer to those people as scabs just makes it that much harder to get them to unionize.

All of Reddaways terminals card checked and became bargaining units. Lots of those employees remain non members protected by the bargaining unit status of their terminal. They are worse than scabs. They are hypocritical garbage.

That would be an Open Shop.
Well then, every state is open shop because the only reason that not joining is allowed is due to Federal Labor Law, not Pennsylvania Law.
They can opt out but must pay administration fees almost equal to initiation fees and must pay monthly fees which are almost equal to union dues.
We only had one question why they had to fill out the form and why she had to pay just recently and somebody with much more patience than me had them fill it out. I think they joined but we're thinking about not joining.
That's the only one I've ever heard of here.
But they cannot work here if they don't at least pay the administration fee stuff every month.

I did hear that the Amish or Mennonites at other barns might use something similar.
But never saw it first hand.

When you make workers go thru a 3 year war and make them have to do that to get a union in and get a contract right to work laws undermine that victory.
One side must fight and the other never has to.
Get rid of that process and war and you can have right to work.......but we get to join and get representation and small contracts wherever we want.
No organizing drive anywhere.......and our numbers will multiply like never before seen.

Right to work union everywhere also.
With contracts and lawyers.
Do your businessmen want that? Organizing is a simple process of a union selling a service. Workers have a right to decide whether or not they want to pay for that service.
Organizing is a sales process. The union is trying to convince workers that the service they are selling is worth paying for. There are rules to protect those workers from unions that will over promise and under deliver. Those same protections continue in Right to Work states. If your union is not providing the service they promise, you should not be required to pay for it.

Organizing is a sales process. The union is trying to convince workers that the service they are selling is worth paying for. There are rules to protect those workers from unions that will over promise and under deliver. Those same protections continue in Right to Work states. If your union is not providing the service they promise, you should not be required to pay for it.
If they did...guys like you would come on here and say they shouldn't.