New Penn | Union Barns

Organizing is a sales process. The union is trying to convince workers that the service they are selling is worth paying for. There are rules to protect those workers from unions that will over promise and under deliver. Those same protections continue in Right to Work states. If your union is not providing the service they promise, you should not be required to pay for it.
How many pensions are you getting, again?
One for YRC. One for Preston. One for a union official job. Another for a union official job.
And how many more?

How many pensions are you getting, again?
One for YRC. One for Preston. One for a union official job. Another for a union official job.
And how many more?
I get a thirty and out pension prorated based on 25 years with Western Pa and 5 with Central States. My paid executive board job was only 6 years. I got a one-time lump sum distribution for that from JC 40. I also get a yearly RMD, required minimum distribution, check from a private IRA account. BTW: last year, I got a 36 month check from Western Pa to make up for the 30% reduction we took in 2019. $36,000 tax free because I rolled into my IRA. So, I get 2 monthly pension checks, an IRA distribution plus Social Security which total more than I ever made in a year driving.

Last edited:
Sonny boy, you can quote Websters all you want and I can quote various other sources which say the opposite but as someone who was initiated as a Teamster in 1971, I can assure you the term scab applies to those who cross a picket line, not to typical non-union workers. And continuing to refer to those people as scabs just makes it that much harder to get them to unionize.
Well said, the failure to organize if largely due to the inability to win over non union employees.
Guys like him are the greatest gift to anyone fighting a union organization!