FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
Actually, if you want to step foot in that facility you need to wear a safety vest of the appropriate color. If the little man with the attitude doesn't want to wear it, fine. They'll give the freight to another carrier with a driver with a better attitude.

Yeah, he tried to tell the TM to pound sand. Ended up wearing the vest and filing a grievance. Not looking good.

I support working in a safe manner, not being a 3rd-grade little boy walking real slow to his time out corner. Grown-ass men acting like spoiled little boys pouting when they don't get their way.
As much as it pains me to agree with you , on this issue I do.

Did you really just post links for the definitions of those two words?

Surely as intelligent as you seem to be you didn't have to look those up online to find a better way to word them.

As for different drivers being efficient on different routes I agree it wold not be expidiant at first. However we are professionals and should be able to navigate an unfamiliar run/route and service the customer without having major issues. I think it is in the best interest of both the company and the driver to have that flexibility. Markets change daily and so do cusomers needs. Cross training the drivers will always be a good thing.
I did post links, so there can be no confussion...

You posted definitions first. Definitions that, in your words, indicated "splitting hairs", on my part. Like there is no difference between proficient and adequate.

Thanks go out to Mirriam-Webster, for clarifying, correcting, and proving. :cool:

See, that wasn't so bad now was it?
I have no problem with PPE. Just don't force me to wear some dirty safety vest and hard hat ten thousand other drivers have worn. Do the right thing and outfit your drivers with the proper equipment. Problem solved.

How do you feel about your drivers privacy? Should they surrender their operators license to every customers security force to gain access?

Again, in some cases they do go the same place, some cases they don't. If they come in and that said route isn't ready, they go somewhere else that day. Gone are the days where you come in and wait on your bid route to be closed, you now take what's ready....there's no guarantee that your going the same place everyday like it used to be....so back to my point, the thugs won't know which routes to follow.
We have the option. If your run doesn't make you can bump a junior off his (never happens) or take one of the unassigned runs.

As far as following the drivers, we will follow all of them spreading good cheer wherever we go. It's the company not bargaining in good faith, not the drivers. ;)

I did post links, so there can be no confussion...

You posted definitions first. Definitions that, in your words, indicated "splitting hairs", on my part. Like there is no difference between proficient and adequate.

Thanks go out to Mirriam-Webster, for clarifying, correcting, and proving. :cool:

Confusion only has one "s" and this is the correct spelling of Merriam.....not mirriam.

Maybe you can look at the spelling next time your using an online dictionary.

Being the self-proclaimed king of splitting hairs. I've got to agree there is a difference between being proficient at something and being adequate. Everybody who is proficient is also adequate. Everybody who is adequate is not necessarily proficient.

Ideally, every driver could run every other drivers' route without too much drop off in efficiency. However, if I can bring a guy in who has never run that route before, even with 20 years P&D LTL experience, and he can do that route as well as the guy on it everyday. The guy on it everyday needs reassignment.

Confusion only has one "s" and this is the correct spelling of Merriam.....not mirriam.

Maybe you can look at the spelling next time your using an online dictionary.
Never claimed to be the spelling guy. I'm better at dephinishuns... ;)and more importantly, comprehension. Still, I do struggle to do the best I can...:(

Last edited:
I have no problem with PPE. Just don't force me to wear some dirty safety vest and hard hat ten thousand other drivers have worn. Do the right thing and outfit your drivers with the proper equipment. Problem solved.

How do you feel about your drivers privacy? Should they surrender their operators license to every customers security force to gain access?
I agree that the company should supply all necessary tools and equipment to do the job. NO minimum wage security guard is getting my dl or any other id with my personal information on it, if a company issued id is not good enough, bring it back.

I agree that the company should supply all necessary tools and equipment to do the job. NO minimum wage security guard is getting my dl or any other id with my personal information on it, if a company issued id is not good enough, bring it back.

How does that work for you at DoD contractors or Military Bases during higher stages of alert?

I posted a direct link to my pension fund. Here it is again dog.

http://www.wctpension.org/
Ya know, that thing looks pretty well funded to me. http://wctpension.org/forms-documents-webcasts/plan-documents/funding-status

The early retirement option... We have no such thing:
hdHxcRp.jpg

The early retirement option...

UazSPoP.jpg

222lifer seems to have a pretty good plan... Need to look closer at it, but it's not nearing failure, by any stretch.

Not at all. The customer prefers consistency, and a working relationship. The tolerate less, as long as price and service is adequate. THEY do, in fact, complain about random drivers, showing up daily.

You think it's fine to take whatever route you are given? How about we do the same for the road? After all, any driver can run anything...
I don't make the rules, I just follow (most) of them.

How does that work for you at DoD contractors or Military Bases during higher stages of alert?
Works real well those Military Police have the authority to ask for your DL.
The rent a center lady at the Chevron whse may have a badge but cracker jacks badges don't have any authority.
My TWIC card gets me just about anywhere I want to go.

Works real well those Military Police have the authority to ask for your DL.
The rent a center lady at the Chevron whse may have a badge but cracker jacks badges don't have any authority.
My TWIC card gets me just about anywhere I want to go.

I was addressing the "if my company issued ID isn't good enough, I'm bringing it back" bravado.