FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
How does that work for you at DoD contractors or Military Bases during higher stages of alert?
Police and military bases, those contracted by such have specific contract language regarding the requirements. Everyone else should accept the company ID.

I guess you missed the minimum wage security guard part

No, I caught that. Fact is that you don't know who's a minimum wage security guard or not. You are just being difficult for no real logical reason and obviously have some kind of grandiose attitude you like to project towards security guards attempting to do their job.

What's a matter did one of those security guards put you in the same category as one of those filthy PT drivers that speaks 3 words of English just because of your chosen profession?

No, I caught that. Fact is that you don't know who's a minimum wage security guard or not. You are just being difficult for no real logical reason and obviously have some kind of grandiose attitude you like to project towards security guards attempting to do their job.

What's a matter did one of those security guards put you in the same category as one of those filthy PT drivers that speaks 3 words of English just because of your chosen profession?
We do know the company that subs their guards out around here. Make that stop enough and before long you learn the life history and that of all the relatives. The problem we have is a manager that won't back a driver's right to protect privacy. A sign in sheet at the window where the world can obtain information causes problems. Wouldn't you agree?

I will receive around $3500 a month from my pension when I retire. I have a 401 k through the Teamster's National Plan that I have been contributing to for years. It is a non matching fund.The company has nothing to do with it. I am eligible for retirement at age 55. I had to prolong my retirement due to our concessions to help my company survive. Had we not suffered through Bill Zollars quest to be king of the LTL world, I could have retired with my full pension at 52 years of age.

Guess you've failed to read the latest...congress sent a budget bill to Obama that includes a rider that will allow the union to slash pension payments to existing and future retiree's. Hoffa Junior supported this for months...enjoy the $1,210 a month he says you can live on. Of course, he won't be subject to this cut...ain't it great "sharing the sacrifice" with your union brothers? Oops, Junior isn't your brother....

What's a matter did one of those security guards put you in the same category as one of those filthy PT drivers that speaks 3 words of English just be
Actually I have never had an issue, if they asked me I declined, no big confrontation, not being difficult it's my right to choose who I share my personal information with, security guards are not one of them if they told I wasn't getting in I left. If I were at a DoD facility I would show my military id which is acceptable and contains no personal information other than my name. I realize there is more than three English words here, hope it doesn't confuse you.

The problem we have is a manager that won't back a driver's right to protect privacy. A sign in sheet at the window where the world can obtain information causes problems. Wouldn't you agree?

No, there's already a ton of information available to anybody so inclined. I understand not wanting to make it easier on folks....but paranoia will destroy ya. What information is it on the sign-in sheet that is so secret?

So what makes you think FedEx will pay for a pension as generous as UPSF's? and did you see the stink about UPS trying to screw the taxpayers over their pension???? Will post....
That's kinda my point if you take the pension we currently have and the 401k it will equal what the current contract the union carriers have. The way I see its not the employers responsibility to plan your retirement it's yours. The mentality now is kinda like are government is portraying that you shouldn't have to work for anything they will provide it for you. That being said it is breaking the country as it will do to companies who are bound by a contract. As I've said before the contract makes it hard if near impossible for companies to adapt to economic changes quickly.