FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
Guess you've failed to read the latest...congress sent a budget bill to Obama that includes a rider that will allow the union to slash pension payments to existing and future retiree's. Hoffa Junior supported this for months...enjoy the $1,210 a month he says you can live on. Of course, he won't be subject to this cut...ain't it great "sharing the sacrifice" with your union brothers? Oops, Junior isn't your brother....
That won't have any effect on mine in the WSPT. It is considered "fully funded."

No, there's already a ton of information available to anybody so inclined. I understand not wanting to make it easier on folks....but paranoia will destroy ya. What information is it on the sign-in sheet that is so secret?
My name for starters. Company affiliation. My operators license number. So you don't feel an employee has the right to protect privacy?

That won't have any effect on mine in the WSPT. It is considered "fully funded."

Did you click your heels together three times and say "I wish I was back in Kansas" before you typed that? The only way it all works is if Hoffa gets away with consolidating all the plans and reducing benefits across the board to prevent takeover by the PBGC. Get ready to be screwed by Hoffa Junior....He's coming for your pension check...collective sacrifice....

So is this UPSF no but if you do your research they spent millions to buy out of their multieployer pension. Just saying.
They spent a great deal to buy out of a specific pension trust. UPS package contributes to the WSPT. Remember the link I provided you with? Take a good look at the companies on the list in that link.

So did they see the writing on the walls with the multieployer pensions being bad. From the looks of things the government is going to start making employers cut benefits to people who have already retired.
You continue to use the plural when speaking of one specific pension. Not all are in the shape that the Central States is.

That's kinda my point if you take the pension we currently have and the 401k it will equal what the current contract the union carriers have. The way I see its not the employers responsibility to plan your retirement it's yours. The mentality now is kinda like are government is portraying that you shouldn't have to work for anything they will provide it for you. That being said it is breaking the country as it will do to companies who are bound by a contract. As I've said before the contract makes it hard if near impossible for companies to adapt to economic changes quickly.
Still haven't nosed around the link to my pension I provided you with? You really should.

Did you click your heels together three times and say "I wish I was back in Kansas" before you typed that? The only way it all works is if Hoffa gets away with consolidating all the plans and reducing benefits across the board to prevent takeover by the PBGC. Get ready to be screwed by Hoffa Junior....He's coming for your pension check...collective sacrifice....
The best case for everyone would be for the WSPT trustees to handle all of the funds. Could you please show me exactly how all of what you say will come about?

The best case for everyone would be for the WSPT trustees to handle all of the funds. Could you please show me exactly how all of what you say will come about?

Wow. I'm amazed. The whole point to eliminating ERISA, which is what the Democrats are doing in the Omnibus bill, is to consolidate the pension plans so the Central States doesn't fail, because it will likely destroy the PBGC. So the western states teamsters want everyone else to suffer, so they don't? What about your brothers? Aren't you willing to sacrifice so they can have a pension? It's about the brotherhood right? OOPS, you're a "meester"! Trash your brothers pension so you can eat filet mignon while your brothers eat kibble.

Start googling the issue...and then start reading TDU's website. They believe in equal sacrifice....evidently, you don't.

The bright side to this, is that RC is going to contribute his huge 401 K to the teamsters pension, because he believes in equal sacrifice. He doesn't deserve anything more than anyone else. He shouldn't be rewarded for sacrificing and saving. He should suffer equally. And he believes it!

Wow. I'm amazed. The whole point to eliminating ERISA, which is what the Democrats are doing in the Omnibus bill, is to consolidate the pension plans so the Central States doesn't fail, because it will likely destroy the PBGC. So the western states teamsters want everyone else to suffer, so they don't? What about your brothers? Aren't you willing to sacrifice so they can have a pension? It's about the brotherhood right? OOPS, you're a "meester"! Trash your brothers pension so you can eat filet mignon while your brothers eat kibble.

Start googling the issue...and then start reading TDU's website. They believe in equal sacrifice....evidently, you don't.
How about a little proof? You do realize that every fund has their own trustees comprised of members of the Union and company? If I remember correctly there are at least 22 different pension trusts in the Teamster's alone.

The bright side to this, is that RC is going to contribute his huge 401 K to the teamsters pension, because he believes in equal sacrifice. He doesn't deserve anything more than anyone else. He shouldn't be rewarded for sacrificing and saving. He should suffer equally. And he believes it!
Interesting. Should I kick in my 401K to help the cause also?

I see mama packed a extra bag of nuts in your lunch today....

You are using TDU as your basis for all the Teamster's of the west being what you call "meesters?" Our trustees make the decisions regarding our fund. Has anyone from the WSPT issued a statement?