TForce | Union Coverage Map and List

I know very little about the MC terminals, but it just sounds strange that alot of MC guys say they took a pay cut, when they were bought out. But it seems there contract has low wages in it.

I have not read one post where any former MC drivers have mentioned anything about a pay cut after they were bought out. I talk to a lot of MC guys, and they have mentioned it to me. But I am out west, and I see them on a daily basis. So, my question to you is. Where did you hear this, if you are 3000 miles away in Florida? Elvis out and investigating...

here is what a quick search turned up

I came to wear brown via Motor Cargo. They Paid us for everything we did and delay time started immediately !!! I really felt appreciated by the management. Now After a few months of the "Overnight way" I feel like a sap. I eat an hour of delay time at every stop and am out about 60.00 per run. Everybody has been saying how good it's gonna be with UPS. I'll believe it when I see it. If UPS Freight stays non union i'm gone.

UPSF told us that for fairness and paridy it would take till Aug '07 to get us "MC" up to "O" scale. That was the same time we got our delay, weather etc... cut. We did get 2 cents then but only 1 cent on triples (most of what we carry is triples). So now we loose out on about 10 hours a week delay, and we get maybe $25 more in mileage! Where is the fairness?
Those of you "O" who want to wait and see.....just see how the paycheck has gone down since the Edge Conversion. It sucks.

SIGN A CARD!!!!:bgroovy:

Why don't you voluntarily give up .03 per mile and about $2.00 per hour, then we'll be on the same page?

They took away what we had (delay etc...) easy enough, but they tell us they "intend" to bring our scale equal to the O boys by June '07. We get .507 miles and $19.08 reg and $13.01 delay.

Cut, cut, cut..........Wait, wait, wait........

You mean if you were losing close to $150 a week you would keep your mouth shut and thank your company for it? You call it whining, I call it money out of my pocket. Glad to be, you've made some good points in the past that I've agreed with but then you post this about us a MC (and belive me I know we can go a little too far with the O bashing, me included) but I find it hard to believe you would sit back and let this happen to you. I think the whining comment is inappropriate.

What is with the continuing name calling?
Things did not change for us back when O bought us, only when the Edge conversion took place. If they keep taking away from you, you would be the one to say something. Is it so bad that I want to look out for my and my family's future?
Why should I be content to step backwards on my paycheck or give up and start somewhere else? Even the non-union suporters are disgruntled with the lack of delay etc.... their solution is just to sit back and wait to see what UPSF can do for us. All I'm saying is, UPSF has already shown me it's colors and I would like to have a say.
Just because I state the simple facts, This means I'm a whiner? Guess it's better than having no backbone at all!

We have been drummed over the head that it is not MC or Overnite any more, just UPSF. But the memp that went out says Overnite drivers will get the safety bonus, Motor Cargo drivers will not.

I wouldn't say its the fact MC guys have issues. I would say its the fact that MC was such a smaller company, and did so well in the states they operated that the drivers were rewarded for that fact.
This so called "points system" is nothing compared to being on the clock for your full sit time and everyone knows that.
MC was a good company, dispatch treated the drivers with care, and they actually knew what the weather and roads were like out here on the west.
Equipment was atleast half way decent, and atleast had jakes. Now I wouldn't be surprised if a Ford-C crawled by one of these Volvo's on the hills.
No MC guys are not crazy. Anyone who worked at MC was lucky and privileged, if they didn't know it then, they know it now.
But like is being said here, its not MC or Overnite anymore, its UPSF, with Overnite in charge.
That will be my two cents on the topic.
Have a good evening gentlemen.

That is your opinion, give me the points system I will make more money in less time.

You would be alone with your selfish opinion young man. How many times do I have to school you as to your self centered way of thinking. You are not going to make a good Teamster brother if you do not heed my teachings! Now sit back, listen, watch and learn. I will call upon you to snatch the pebble from my humble hand when I feel you have broken free from your " at will employee" web, and gracefully convert to our brotherhood covenant. Oh, my young grasshopper, you will learn. Elvis KING OF THE WORKING STIFF out........

Elvis you have never schooled me, how can you tell me what is best for me? Don't say it bring it. Show me the secret code, is there a certian combination of turning on the wipers and foglights that will let me hook up faster.

Lastnight I worked the dock 3.5 hours did 3 turns and drove 468 miles. If I was on the "paid for time system" I would have made less. Don't say it show it. Don't slant the truth to your side. It is just like I have been saying it will benefit some people and hurt others, why not have a system where we all benefit?

Take my run and show me where I would have made more money.

Elvis you have never schooled me, how can you tell me what is best for me? Don't say it bring it. Show me the secret code, is there a certian combination of turning on the wipers and foglights that will let me hook up faster.

Lastnight I worked the dock 3.5 hours did 3 turns and drove 468 miles. If I was on the "paid for time system" I would have made less. Don't say it show it. Don't slant the truth to your side. It is just like I have been saying it will benefit some people and hurt others, why not have a system where we all benefit?

Take my run and show me where I would have made more money.

Hows this for schooling then, right now we get .3 for drop, .1 for fuel, .3 to hook doubles again, for a total of .7, MC gave us 1/4 hour to drop, 1/4 hour to fuel, 1/2 hour to hook doubles again for a total of 1 hour. With both companies if you can do it quicker your money ahead. but .3 a night over a year is around $1700.00 . Plus we got paid when we had to wait for meet drivers or trailers to be closed at the hub. Not maybe sit around for multiple hours for free, then get half pay. No slant, just facts. So, yes, MC drivers got the shaft when UPS, a subsidiary of "O", took over.

Hows this for schooling then, right now we get .3 for drop, .1 for fuel, .3 to hook doubles again, for a total of .7, MC gave us 1/4 hour to drop, 1/4 hour to fuel, 1/2 hour to hook doubles again for a total of 1 hour. With both companies if you can do it quicker your money ahead. but .3 a night over a year is around $1700.00 . Plus we got paid when we had to wait for meet drivers or trailers to be closed at the hub. Not maybe sit around for multiple hours for free, then get half pay. No slant, just facts. So, yes, MC drivers got the shaft when UPS, a subsidiary of "O", took over.

Galaxy, Elvis is the one telling you, that you did not lose anything when you were bought. I am the one who said you did.

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...73-union-coverage-map-list-27.html#post296151

Galaxy, Elvis is the one telling you, that you did not lose anything when you were bought. I am the one who said you did.

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...73-union-coverage-map-list-27.html#post296151

Young grass hopper, please do not put words in my mouth. Talk about slanting the truth! You show me where I said mc did not lose, POST BUYOUT!!! I know they lost. As I posted before I come in contact with them on a nightly basis. You, on the other hand, supposedly from Fla. do not. Their mileage rate went up, but it did not compensate for all the other ways they were payed, under mcs' pay structure. 10-4 weed hopper? In regards to your future postings, please refrain from falsehoods. This is a designated no spin zone, all mighty spinmeister! Elvis out and dizzy.....

Young grass hopper, please do not put words in my mouth. Talk about slanting the truth! You show me where I said mc did not lose, POST BUYOUT!!! I know they lost. As I posted before I come in contact with them on a nightly basis. You, on the other hand, supposedly from Fla. do not. Their mileage rate went up, but it did not compensate for all the other ways they were payed, under mcs' pay structure. 10-4 weed hopper? In regards to your future postings, please refrain from falsehoods. This is a designated no spin zone, all mighty spinmeister! Elvis out and dizzy.....

Well Elvis, you certainly took that to the bank, aside from the sarcasm, the #'s speak for themselves ,with more then half of the company sighned, I suppose GT is right when he say's people are sick of loosing money, and the buck stops here.:1036316054:

Elvis they said they make less now then before they were bought, if that is not a pay cut what is? I never said there rate went down they say they make less now then before they were bought. Lets start over.

I made this statement:
I know very little about the MC terminals, but it just sounds strange that alot of MC guys say they took a pay cut, when they were bought out. But it seems there contract has low wages in it.

then you say:
I have not read one post where any former MC drivers have mentioned anything about a pay cut after they were bought out. I talk to a lot of MC guys, and they have mentioned it to me. But I am out west, and I see them on a daily basis. So, my question to you is. Where did you hear this, if you are 3000 miles away in Florida? Elvis out and investigating...

so I threw up 7 quotes of mc guys saying they are making less after they were bought then before. I showed you the proof to back up my statement. which you never responded too. Also if you don't call delay pay being taken away a pay cut what is?

but then you make this statement something about you related to a school teacher or karate kid or somthing:

You would be alone with your selfish opinion young man. How many times do I have to school you as to your self centered way of thinking. You are not going to make a good Teamster brother if you do not heed my teachings! Now sit back, listen, watch and learn. I will call upon you to snatch the pebble from my humble hand when I feel you have broken free from your " at will employee" web, and gracefully convert to our brotherhood covenant. Oh, my young grasshopper, you will learn. Elvis KING OF THE WORKING STIFF out........

like I said you never responded to the 7 quotes.

Please school me? I back up everything I say, or say I was wrong.

Hey TX_jarhead........time to add some more red dots. Judging by your name, you shouldn't have a problem with the newest terminals.

Irving, Fort Worth, Garland, Tyler, Waco, El Paso, San Antonio, Pflugerville, Harlingen and Laredo

DS.

Elvis they said they make less now then before they were bought, if that is not a pay cut what is? I never said there rate went down they say they make less now then before they were bought. Lets start over.

I made this statement:

then you say:

so I threw up 7 quotes of mc guys saying they are making less after they were bought then before. I showed you the proof to back up my statement. which you never responded too. Also if you don't call delay pay being taken away a pay cut what is?

but then you make this statement something about you related to a school teacher or karate kid or somthing:

like I said you never responded to the 7 quotes.

Please school me? I back up everything I say, or say I was wrong.

Grass hopper, The facts in regards to this discussion are as follows. Overnite has been getting away with short changing their drivers, RDDR and city for way too many years. Unpaid delay, not paying overtime pay after 8 hrs. etc. This is corrected under a union contract. Those are facts. We have a lack of communication in regards to the MC drivers. I appreciate your examples of former MC drivers complaints. Now I know how you learned of their hardships. But you stated that I posted that they didn't lose money after the buy out by Overnite. That was not a true statement. In all reality, you have helped me make my case in regards to prospering under this contract. These MC guys are ecstatic about this contract, due to the fact that they will gain everything they lost under the overnite regime. We are all going to be better off under representation. Maybe there are small pockets of guys ,such as yourself who will not do as well, short term. But when you are stacking your cash in five years, at 66 cents per mile, I think you will be spanking your monkey, while listening to old Elvis tunes, saying to yourself, I guess I have officially been schooled by the KING OF THE WORKING STIFFS!!!!!! Good luck my young grass hopper. Just chill out and enjoy the ride. I hope to buy you a beer some day, or maybe a Dr. Pepper ( you may not be old enough to drink) and laugh about all this. Elvis out....