Yellow | Union needs to giveback -15% too ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Ok so do the math for your self, there are 26,000 yrc union workers at $51.00 month dues , so 26,000. X $51.00 = $1,326,000.00 a month in due money collected from yrc workers , so point here is that if we are all in this to SAVE YRC & SAVE JOBS , then all party's that benefit from them staying open should have to give back -15% right ??? fair is fair RIGHT ??? just something to think about ???:1sm057crazy:

At $16.5 million a year you can see why the local/intl. is sweating bullets right now about these potential losses.
Add in what will happen if/when the pending proposal before congress to allow troubled pension funds like C.S. to cut retiree benefits and watch union members en masse stop paying dues.
Why would you, if the union couldn't even keep the promise of a secure pension or superior health benefits?
Our president even told us today they let a B.A. go in preparation for a 'worst case' scenario.

Did anyone take notice of the YRC/IBT propaganda piece that mentioned the 30% decline in the unionized LTL market since 1995? Did it register with anyone who has been in office during the majority this period at the IBT? Must be pure coincidence...

That would require a change to the constitution which currently stands at 2.5 times your hourly rate.
If you have the time and energy... then lead us.

point is , that anybody that benefits & collects money , paycheck or Due's money or yrc board members , should be giving back -15% cash like the drivers are , that is the point , WHY is it just the job of the drivers & some office staff to give back -15% cash to save them ??

NO it could stay at 2.5 times the hourly rate and then they give -15% back to yrc to help save them like drivers & some office staff does , WHY is it just the drivers job to give back money to save them ??? lets ALL help them to survive not just the drivers & some office staff

NO it could stay at 2.5 times the hourly rate and then they give -15% back to yrc to help save them like drivers & some office staff does , WHY is it just the drivers job to give back money to save them ??? lets ALL help them to survive not just the drivers & some office staff

I'm glad I work on the dock and don't have to give 15%:27:

point is , that anybody that benefits & collects money , paycheck or Due's money or yrc board members , should be giving back -15% cash like the drivers are , that is the point , WHY is it just the job of the drivers & some office staff to give back -15% cash to save them ??

Because **** flows down hill.

It is good to see that more of us uneducated blue collar workers are seeing the light as to how we are being manipulated and taken advantage of from both sides of this tainted equation. Continue to listen and observe the actions of those who are making the decisions that has direct effect on your livelyhood and I promise you the things you will learn will wake up your common sense and encourage you to at the very least take a stronger more informed stance on the issues at hand..........Its just time to change the approach to this problem which has gotten no better over the past five years of concessions......CHANGE IS NEEDED....!

your hourly pay has been cut 15%..so the union has lost 15% of the dues you pay...ie..top pay 25 per hour times 2.5=62.5...25 minus 15% =21.25×2.5=53.12..UNLESS you are still paying dues at the top scale...

Why should the union officials take a 15% cut? Because your mad as hell and we voted yes to accept this ****? Because YRC cut yours so you want to take revenge? The fact is most bylaws you have the right to set salaries at nominations did you do that? Were you at you local nominations? Did you vote in the last election? Local 710 sent out around 14 Thousand ballets, out did you mail it back? I did along with I think 2500 or so members did. So over 10 THOUSAND didn't vote and I guess that is a at a boy, there doing a great job, we gave them two pension and a local 710 ATM machine and the highest paid teamster in America. They won 2 to 1 why should they take a cut because now you want to VOTE. I'm not sure about how others locals are set but this is mine.
The Union didn't loose 15% of the dues we did it is not the Union money or cars it is the members.

We tried that and then they took 10% and we took 15%... THEN they said no bonus's and they still payed millions out to ceo's... Their contracts stood over our agreements.. Their pen's ink was better than our pencil or crayon that wrote our contract...... It is going to be like last time.. We believe what we voted on before is still in place and then find out that it was taken back (or apparently not even agreed to or some such non sense... I say vote is no.. And we should have just got a contract..........................................

From what I read on pay scales for union officials across the nation, they all received raises while we're still ***** of our 15%, our vacation, pension, etc., etc., Oh yeah, don't forget all YRC lower mgmt had their 10% paycut reinstated long time ago. Yet, they want the members to give more and more.........must think I have money coming out of my a**hole.