FedEx Freight | UNION: Organize, or not?

Oh no drivers won't use the union to be lazy no way. Um by the way, I'll leave it up to mommy and daddy to tell you drivers the truth about santa clause and the easter bunny. It's scary stuff, almost as scary that people still believe that union garbage.

I like to think that I still have good work ethics but I must say, after over 34 years of the freight industry I am not as fast as I was when I was a lot younger. Now I may not be as strong and as fast as some of you younger guys, but at least i don't have to worry about some young punk manager wanting to fire me because I cant work as fast as that guy that's 20-30 years younger than me..............I paid my dues!

Oh, one more thing, all of you will be older and slower one day. quicker than you think.........remember that!

A lot of the getting slower has to do with the wear and tear your body takes from doing this job. Then you become less of an employee?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot of the getting slower has to do with the wear and tear your body takes from doing this job. Then you become less of an employee?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, we become less profitable in the eyes of some managers as we are just a number to them. Surely management would much rather replace us old timers for some of those younger, faster more profitable employees. It does not matter how loyal we have been for all those years as we are just a number. Its just business right? Sure glad I have some protection from some of these young supervisor/managers that just see me as an expense.

I must interject on a little bit of conjecture.The labor here at YRC is not lazy.We all work hard and for the most part do the job as required.The Teamsters here at YRC did not ask for a merger.Because of the Economy and some bad decisions on the part of the last President and CEO.Placed two big major freight companies in jeopardy financially.

I apologize if I offended you. Not all union workers do that. But I have witnessed with my own eyes union guys at c.f. and yellow slow walking their companies back in the 90's.

Just meant to say we still have a job to do if we get the union in.
Once again I apologize if I mis spoke and offended you. I will be more considerate next time. We all need to be on same page an work together for all our futures!

We need the union at FEDEX for job security, and yrc,abf, and Holland need us to help get the union back to where it was.

Ok..so centers are voting in favor of organizing. What has been Freds approach? Does anyone really know? Sure, he's offered up a picnic and a raise. That's not so much the issue. Fred if you should happen to read this. Many I'm sure have had a difficult time to vote in favor. But let's face it, you do service center polls and find out there's many issues with management. I'm sure if that was dealt with many wouldn't even consider unions. Has any of the scm teams at been terminated as a result? This is your gate time and I'm afraid you are missing it! Your fast to hold drivers accountable but unable to keep your managers under control. .and look what's it's costing you.

Ok..so centers are voting in favor of organizing. What has been Freds approach? Does anyone really know? Sure, he's offered up a picnic and a raise. That's not so much the issue. Fred if you should happen to read this. Many I'm sure have had a difficult time to vote in favor. But let's face it, you do service center polls and find out there's many issues with management. I'm sure if that was dealt with many wouldn't even consider unions. Has any of the scm teams at been terminated as a result? This is your gate time and I'm afraid you are missing it! Your fast to hold drivers accountable but unable to keep your managers under control. .and look what's it's costing you.

Excellent points, and they didn't even bother with the poll this year... I won't speculate why.

Obviously the people he pays to keep tabs on the pulse of his workforce has failed him miserably...