Estes | union talk 093

badnews12

TB Lurker
Credits
I know this talk comes around when changes come start to happen. This time I think we have reason to worry, all this new amazon business is going to make them start hiring like crazy. Who knows who they'll hire, seems like we always get the cream of the crop when it comes to dock workers. Heard in our preshift meeting we have over 50 vans in the yard of amazon freight, and our city dock is completely blown out of the water.

The guys that want to be union can work for a union company. They are hiring.
It wil always be just talk here. We all know what happens when it gets to be more than just talk.

Do you guys know the code for Tulsa OK? Not the alpha code but the number, I'm just interested, you guys always refer to the number code and I have no idea where you all are talking about, sorry, just trying to fit in a little bit, I hope its ok that I asked.

Here ya go GT. When we mention a terminal number you can click on the state and the terminal number will be next to it in parentheses

So if Tulsa is 195 does that mean its the 195th terminal to open or is there another meaning behind the number system?
I believe that's the way it's done because the home terminal is 001 and the surrounding terminals are single digits. The terminals that just opened in Montana are in the upper 200's

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the old GI terminals are in the 200's...I know when we opened Shreveport, it was 106 and now that they are Longview it's still 106...It opened a year after my terminal and it's 49 numbers away..I don't think the numbers dictate how many terminal we have,it's just a number...

the numbers mean nothing.....baltimore was around long before edison nj and that is 06 baltimore is 29.....same with chicago they are 28..

We picked up amazon?

Oh yeah. We have 3 different centers that we service in Northern Kentucky. One schedules around the clock, seven days a week.We drop at one, the other is hit or miss. One day you can drop, the next day you stay with it. The one that we do drop at takes 2 or 3 days sometimes to unload a van. We're always out of vans. We've been repositioning new Extra lease trailers on our linehaul runs but we keep getting sets in return, we need vans. They had months to prepare for this but apparently did nothing, so now the customer will get mad and go elsewhere.

Sounds like someone needs shaken like white trash shakes a baby..sorry that wasn't right, still, central should ensure your vans lease or otherwise get returned, no one wants to lose a huge customer like that, the freight biz is way to comptitive to be Fin around with customers needs.

Good thing they took delivery on all those brand new 53's I been seeing around lately. Never heard yet how many were bought, but by looking at the numbers I'm guessing 400-500 so far. They were badly needed.

Here at 093 we have gotten about 90 brand new 53's. More than half are filled with amazon already. We have 5 amazon centers here, our bill count has trippled in two weeks. Our new yard is getting as crammed as the old one.

Here at 093 we have gotten about 90 brand new 53's. More than half are filled with amazon already. We have 5 amazon centers here, our bill count has trippled in two weeks. Our new yard is getting as crammed as the old one.
Thats great! More freight means more profit, that will only trickle down to those that do the work with time! You all need to take care of this account!

Thats great! More freight means more profit, that will only trickle down to those that do the work with time! You all need to take care of this account!
That will also help you with your chances over here in the easy chair instead of all that video taped grocery slingin