SEFL | Union

art1915

TB Lurker
Credits
When will you wake up and realize it's time we had a union. The time is now and things are getting worse. Micromanage everything, open door policy pretty much gets people fired . Survey is just SEFL's Marketing Tool. They do what they want !

When will you wake up and realize it's time we had a union. The time is now and things are getting worse. Micromanage everything, open door policy pretty much gets people fired . Survey is just SEFL's Marketing Tool. They do what they want !
Did you see the SDI results? There is no support for a union. 80% are happy as they are. You want to stir up a union go to xpo. They actually need one. Here’s what I would want from a union:
A retirable retirement; what we have now isn’t enough to retire on.
Better wages and benefits; how much of the tax savings went to drivers?
Work rules limiting bad managers ability to harm you.
Protection from termination if you get injured for more than 6 mos

Furthermore, I wouldn’t be opposed to working in a union, but ....
Got to get IBT out of politics (my politics and religious beliefs clash with dems)
Got to limit the damage Corps can do by buying off IBT leaders.
Must have term limits of some sort on all upper level union leadership

And no, IBT doesn’t have term limits now (called elections). They don’t work. Too many don’t care or can be bought because of dim witted ness. Plus I don’t trust those elections. I think the ballots are stuffed by Hoffa and company

And no, IBT doesn’t have term limits now (called elections). They don’t work. Too many don’t care or can be bought because of dim witted ness. Plus I don’t trust those elections. I think the ballots are stuffed by Hoffa and company
Feds run our elections local and international.
Furthermore, I wouldn’t be opposed to working in a union, but ....
Got to get IBT out of politics (my politics and religious beliefs clash with dems)
Got to limit the damage Corps can do by buying off IBT leaders.
Must have term limits of some sort on all upper level union leadership
your political beliefs agree with what SEFL is currently doing.

How do you know what my politics are? Freedom is my politics. Workers should be free to unionize. Corps should be free to fire lazy troublemakers.
Thanks for making me think this through. I realize an earlier statement is inconsistent with my ideals and so must withdraw it. Having a union force a company to keep unproductive workers runs against my freedom ideal; however, allowing any corporate entity unchecked power to fire and hire at will results in abuse eventually. Can’t there be a happy medium?

I would also add that I suspect my company along with others seek political influence to keep overtime laws as they are. So really IBT and corporations aren’t so different are they? Both try to buy political influence to help their agendas.

How do you know what my politics are? Freedom is my politics. Workers should be free to unionize. Corps should be free to fire lazy troublemakers.
Thanks for making me think this through. I realize an earlier statement is inconsistent with my ideals and so must withdraw it. Having a union force a company to keep unproductive workers runs against my freedom ideal; however, allowing any corporate entity unchecked power to fire and hire at will results in abuse eventually. Can’t there be a happy medium?
Wrong just all contracts in the IBT has fair days work for fair days pay. If the company doesn’t use it to weed OT the lazy it’s their own fault.

I would also add that I suspect my company along with others seek political influence to keep overtime laws as they are. So really IBT and corporations aren’t so different are they? Both try to buy political influence to help their agendas.
Difference is IBT influence helps the working men and women.

SEFL punishes hard workers in p&d and rewards those that just do enough to get by. My 9 years there showed me that time and again. Also seinority should mean something but doesn't there. Get injured and you have 6 months to get back or lose your job. They definitely need a union. Also have you ever received a company handbook? I already know the answer to that.

SEFL punishes hard workers in p&d and rewards those that just do enough to get by. My 9 years there showed me that time and again. Also seinority should mean something but doesn't there. Get injured and you have 6 months to get back or lose your job. They definitely need a union. Also have you ever received a company handbook? I already know the answer to that.
No such animal as a company handbook

You refer to “get it all delivered today and tomorrow you get more” it’s true, supers load down the people who get freight off and reward the guys they know will bring some back if overloaded

Many of the issues you bring up are not issues at some locations. I think it depends on the leader or king at each terminal as to whether seniority is honored. It takes too long to get a bad scm moved out. People quit bosses

Did you see the SDI results? There is no support for a union. 80% are happy as they are. You want to stir up a union go to xpo. They actually need one. Here’s what I would want from a union:
A retirable retirement; what we have now isn’t enough to retire on.
Better wages and benefits; how much of the tax savings went to drivers?
Work rules limiting bad managers ability to harm you.
Protection from termination if you get injured for more than 6 mos
I believe the SDI numbers are fabricated. I really lost faith in the results at our terminal. Record setting highs when most guys, at least said, they gave the SCM the worst rating since he had been at our terminal. SDI survey is a complete waste of my time and the companies time.