SEFL | Union

Sorry friend, but that’s just not true. do you ever hear an OD driver complain about being mistreated? They are paid better. Same with FedEx. We drivers are not simply an expense to be managed. We are a large part of why this company has gotten where it is. You sound just like a rvp! Treat us with respect and we will treat our customers well so that the company continues to prosper. You’ve hired too many kids with no people skills or respect for what we do. Ive seen and experienced the same driver disrespect from sefl managers that happens at our competition. Overall I would say we do a better job than most, but don’t blindly proclaim all is well when you don’t get out of your office enough and ride with us to see reality
Man what an awesome compliment about me being an RVP! I never finished college and I just try to appreciate life....I guess it’s working.
You lost me at OD. I’ve had friends go to OD that wanted to come back. Yes, OD is a respectable place, bit pound for pound we CRUSH them overall in the southeast. If I remember correctly they laid people off in tough times. I’d rather get yelled at than not make any money. LOL. The pay thing isn’t going to pull someone out of debt when ZERO income is coming in. So come on man there’s got to be a better reason Southeastern I’d not good for people. Or maybe you’d rather live on out of yohr car like I did. Choice is yours good buddy, but I will choose a good paying job, where the owners are focused on keeping me and my family afloat!!!

I LOVE wearing the red and black, and i had a great workout this morning just so i could look extra SEXY in my outfit for the customers i LOVE to serve each day! Unfortunately, i do not want to go into leadership at this time, but i have been approached about it. I'm very thankful for the personal days as well, and I'm not the expert on what the company does behind the scenes. Now with the Safety bonuses.....we do have an ACTION process to see if that's something that could be an option? We never know until we ask. This company spends alot of money just to meet their people every year for Safety and service awards, and it's VERY rare than any company does that......just so the owners can see their people every year. All i know is that we have never had to cut jobs, but our competitors do it all the time. So i guess we all have a choice to make. 1) Do we just continue to question the decisions of our owners, not realizing that they actually care about our people having their jobs when tough times hit (that's part of financial responsibility). or 2) just start increasing bonuses and pay where we (in the field) don't understand their decisions.....then find ourselves on the street wondering why it's the first time ever we had to have a layoff?? The only reason and company does not have a layoff is due to the owners having a decent gameplan to support their people.

And i agree with you on the people underneath (the dock supervisors etc), but I've also spoken with my Manager about a few things i thought they did, that i did not agree with - and it was taken care of. That's more of a terminal to terminal concern. All i know is that the new Orlando Manager is personable and seems to really care about the people. And all my concerns have been address every time. Now a few years ago that was a bit of an issue, but it's much better now!
I really love my job too, but not for the same reasons you do. I love my job because I'm care free... That's right, I don't care! I could care less about your cookouts, qwq nominations, your action processes, company update meetings, or open door policies. It's really amazing that once you stop caring, how much stress that relieves you from. What is sad is, I've seen supervisors in their 20s and 40s hospitalized over stress and heart related issues because the SCM has put so much stress on them to meet their numbers. I refuse to let SEFL hold my job over my head. There is life after this company, I know many drivers that can attest attest to that. So keep shaking your pom poms!

I really love my job too, but not for the same reasons you do. I love my job because I'm care free... That's right, I don't care! I could care less about your cookouts, qwq nominations, your action processes, company update meetings, or open door policies. It's really amazing that once you stop caring, how much stress that relieves you from. What is sad is, I've seen supervisors in their 20s and 40s hospitalized over stress and heart related issues because the SCM has put so much stress on them to meet their numbers. I refuse to let SEFL hold my job over my head. There is life after this company, I know many drivers that can attest attest to that. So keep shaking your pom poms!
Hahaha....you guys are funny. All of you are so gullible to think I’m in Management. I should’ve known you were easily that fooled by your comments. Just because guys drive trucks doesn’t mean we’re not educated or have chosen to eduacate ourselves in different ways. See you’re the kind of guys that watch politics all the time and get into the “trump sucks” talk. I’m the kind of guy that likes to live life in a positive way, serve the community, help people, enjoy family, feed the homeless. That makes a difference in lives ya know.

Hey and it’s and easy solution my friend if you don’t care about a job........go find a better job. And when you do find it....let me know. By the way....there’s a reason you guys don’t have a lot of support on here for a union to southeastern. People like me, and many others would have a big say at our terminal....and it’s probably not the answer you’d like.....as I shake my pom poms. Go Southeastern!!!!!

Hahaha....you guys are funny. All of you are so gullible to think I’m in Management. I should’ve known you were easily that fooled by your comments. Just because guys drive trucks doesn’t mean we’re not educated or have chosen to eduacate ourselves in different ways. See you’re the kind of guys that watch politics all the time and get into the “trump sucks” talk. I’m the kind of guy that likes to live life in a positive way, serve the community, help people, enjoy family, feed the homeless. That makes a difference in lives ya know.

Hey and it’s and easy solution my friend if you don’t care about a job........go find a better job. And when you do find it....let me know. By the way....there’s a reason you guys don’t have a lot of support on here for a union to southeastern. People like me, and many others would have a big say at our terminal....and it’s probably not the answer you’d like.....as I shake my pom poms. Go Southeastern!!!!!
You can look at my posts, i personally don't support a union! I just understand more where these guys are coming from. Being educated certainly doesn't mean you're in management, especially with some of the clowns we have in leadership. I don't want to find another job, having a "i don't care attitude" makes my job easier and less stressful, i just wish i learnt that before now cause working hard here works against you. Being a slacker helps you get easier runs. I'm actually a Trump supporter so that blows your theory out the window.

You can't really be a city driver, you have way to much time on your hands. Keep drinking the KoolAid, it must work for ya.

You can look at my posts, i personally don't support a union! I just understand more where these guys are coming from. Being educated certainly doesn't mean you're in management, especially with some of the clowns we have in leadership. I don't want to find another job, having a "i don't care attitude" makes my job easier and less stressful, i just wish i learnt that before now cause working hard here works against you. Being a slacker helps you get easier runs. I'm actually a Trump supporter so that blows your theory out the window.

You can't really be a city driver, you have way to much time on your hands. Keep drinking the KoolAid, it must work for ya.
Cool...not my intention to attack you personally, so I apologize for that - especially if you are not for the union. I like Trump too....just don’t let that junk ingulf my life. I do like the Southeastern cool-aid a lot though and I’m having a jug of it right now!

Funny you mention that. I actually had a customer knock on my door yesterday because I was sitting at their dock typing this stuff up. Oops...I should be more respectful to them and the company, so I decided to wait until lunch today to jump on here. Look, I get it man - I don’t know what you’ve been thru, but I know I’ve dealt with some knucklehead young buckaroos in the past who seem to know it all. All I know is everything I’ve had issues with now, the new Leadership in Orlando has actually shown they care about what my cincerns are. Just months ago you could hear words being said that make you cringe and that was normal. Now I’m hearing dock guys come up to me saying they had a talk with the manager about how there choice words don’t fit the culture. I’m not a saint by any means but I’ll be dadgum if someone cusses at me. It just dont make sense when we talk about good culture, and it’s bad enough trucking has a bad perception as it is.

Your setting yourself up for the biggest disappointment you’ll experience when you get screwed for something irrelevant. Mark my word, you’ll say to yourself, “ I backed you company and you left me out to dry like a fool”, then you’ll change your avatar and try to forget everything you said.

His first few messages had good spelling, punctuation and grammar. He didn’t use any slang. Now all of a sudden I’m noticing a few spelling errors and some hick type slang. Hmm...
It is hard to find drivers. The company is concerned about its image as it should be. Coming here to paint lipstick on a homely woman isn’t addressing the internal problems that cause people like me to come here. I’ve used the open door policy and all that does is set you up for retribution. That’s how I know where the “like it or leave it” attitude originated. At least I can be anonymous here and speak my mind without fear of job loss as long as I don’t reveal too much.

Has anyone looked at the ups contract proposal?
IMO this is why I don’t want teamsters at sefl. What’s the benefit? Job security and work rules, yes, but at the cost of bankrupting the company eventually. Not enough benefit for the cost

IMO this is why I don’t want teamsters at sefl. What’s the benefit? Job security and work rules, yes, but at the cost of bankrupting the company eventually. Not enough benefit for the cost
The cost to the company for a fair contract would be negotiated. Work rules and OT alone would be a good start. Ending the favoritism and having rules that everyone must adhere to is worth it's wait in gold. No reason to bankrupt a company but no reason for drivers to continue to roll over either.

A: our profits are double digit so idk how you think we're bankrupting the company B: UPGF is hiring in a number of locations top pay for a number of road runs is $100k + a year.

A: our profits are double digit so idk how you think we're bankrupting the company B: UPGF is hiring in a number of locations top pay for a number of road runs is $100k + a year.
Was thinking about the company I work for. Your company has a different business model. If you look at yrc and holland and abf you get a better picture of what I’m talking about. Abf is profitable so you could make an argument with them, but the others aren’t

That is also not true. After 6 months of short term they place you on long term disability. They even hire a lawyer to make sure your "long term disability" is started before the put you on long term disability. Then your job is secure for 18 more months before you are terminated. Most people give up trying to return once they are on long term disability.

Hire a lawyer? They have them on the payroll in Corporate. Trust me, they aren't there to protect your interests.

Was thinking about the company I work for. Your company has a different business model. If you look at yrc and holland and abf you get a better picture of what I’m talking about. Abf is profitable so you could make an argument with them, but the others aren’t
That's what I call cherry pi