SEFL | Union

Talking to a few fellow coworkers at SEFL their telling me that drivers can be forced to work at another terminal now with no prior notice. Get a phone call early in the morning telling them they have to go they have no choice. The second gripe is being on call and calling in then being told to call back in 5 hours later. One driver didn't call back and got written up. Sad to see this kind of treatment of drivers when drivers are a valuable commodity.
oh the horrors....

Furthermore, I wouldn’t be opposed to working in a union, but ....
Got to get IBT out of politics (my politics and religious beliefs clash with dems)
Got to limit the damage Corps can do by buying off IBT leaders.
Must have term limits of some sort on all upper level union leadership
I mean no harm in this at all, but i spent close to 20 yrs with the railroad until back surgeries forced me out. We were teamsters and i paid 109.00 per month dues,that was high.. even if we were making 32.00 hour. I had a company at fault accident and i gotten no help from them. I’ve been gone close to two years and my phone still hasn’t rang. I had an excellent record, no write-ups, no discipline and was a model employee.i understand how the Dems and unions clash with beliefs, they never talked to us unless it was election time.

I mean no harm in this at all, but i spent close to 20 yrs with the railroad until back surgeries forced me out. We were teamsters and i paid 109.00 per month dues,that was high.. even if we were making 32.00 hour. I had a company at fault accident and i gotten no help from them. I’ve been gone close to two years and my phone still hasn’t rang. I had an excellent record, no write-ups, no discipline and was a model employee.i understand how the Dems and unions clash with beliefs, they never talked to us unless it was election time.
Sounds about right