SAIA | Union

Love that idea
Contact your nearest Teamster Local
What if one of you union drivers pass the word on to your rep that an intrest is brewing here and maybe they can come onboard here to see what can happen.
I'm in Chicago area applied to SAIA to get them in trouble for not hiring drivers from Union companies and my attorney's working on a lawsuit for not hiring me I have over a decade experience with doubles no tickets or accidents. Contact the Teamster local in your area tell them you are interested in organizing.

Contact your nearest Teamster Local

I'm in Chicago area applied to SAIA to get them in trouble for not hiring drivers from Union companies and my attorney's working on a lawsuit for not hiring me I have over a decade experience with doubles no tickets or accidents. Contact the Teamster local in your area tell them you are interested in organizing.
Did they tell you that’s why you were not hired?

Do you really think that's what they told him,?
I don’t know, our tm told a USF driver that interviewed that there union affiliation they were with was not welcomed here point blank, heard him say it. Don’t know if that’s illegal or not, kind of doubt that falls under the discrimination act but pretty brazen none the less.

Question is 1) Is it true 2) What union represents them if it is and 3) Are the Canadian unions different than the US. Are their snowballs bigger than ours? eh! Go Blackhawks

Question is 1) Is it true 2) What union represents them if it is and 3) Are the Canadian unions different than the US. Are their snowballs bigger than ours? eh! Go Blackhawks
1) yes.
2) teamsters.
3) in what respect?
4) yes our snowballs are much larger than yours.

The reason is because our laws are much more stringent when it comes to privacy issues.

Thanks for clearing that up for me upnorth, I don’t like posting links that could be bogus. It does make me wonder why the Teamsters wouldn’t have pushed for that down here. Missed opportunity???

Thanks for clearing that up for me upnorth, I don’t like posting links that could be bogus. It does make me wonder why the Teamsters wouldn’t have pushed for that down here. Missed opportunity???
Simple. Your privacy laws are not as strict as ours. No leg to stand on stateside.

Sysco Syracuse won their grievances with drivers who we're fired for using a bluetooth while driving. The drivers were offered their jobs back with lost pay. Sysco didn't follow the progressive disciplinary policy in the contract. They've gotten a new contract since that has all happened so I'm not sure if driver facing cameras or usr of bluetooths has been addressed.

All you need to do if you want to get the ball rolling is call your local Teamsters union hall. There are advantages and disadvantages to going union.
Ive been a union driver at Yellow(YRC) for 32yrs, whats the disadvantage, Im curious? Any questions from you guys, Id be glad to answer them, I was on your board because theres a new terminal of yours going up in the next town over from mine in Westborough,Ma.

What if one of you union drivers pass the word on to your rep that an intrest is brewing here and maybe they can come onboard here to see what can happen.
Yes..but we need to know what barn you work out of..we can have a campaign started..also I believe saia will have problems when they move into the Boston area