SAIA | Union

Who is promising a pension and who is delivering on that promise?
You have to ask for it in negotiations.We offer hybrid plans to employers that are different from the central states multi employer fund.But hey,There insurance is better than any plan you’ll ever get with Saia.You could bet the farm on that one.

UPGF our pension is fully funded and insured
Perhaps apples & oranges here. Local 406 for 20 years, beverage company as profitable as UPS. Company pension as is yours. Then frozen and 4% 401(k) match introduced. Given the situation of UPSF’s last contract negotiations, fair warning. Not trying to start ::shit::, if there was better starting wage & no 10%’s, more would have interest; just sayin on the pension.

UPGF our pension is fully funded and insured
Seriously, you're going to try to claim that the UPS pension fund is just like the Central States pension fund, c'mon. UPS is a single payer fund backed by UPS and their billions in quarterly profit. UPS got tired of dropping $$$ into that worthless Central States :shit:hole. Why do you think that UPS got out and who could blame them. Central States is a multi payer fund or was, at one time,and now is dealing with shrinking numbers of actives vs increasing numbers of retirees and orphans. It's a snowball heading straight to hell and PBGC.
Don't get too giddy, with how secure your UPS pension is. UPS will always pay but they have already shown their hand. They are not in the business to give their profits away and UPS pays a lot of people to figure out how to reduce their pension liability, aka, your monthly pension payments plus they have Hoffa,jr., in their back pocket, to make sure there are no union hassles.
Mr White is giving you the heads up.
Perhaps apples & oranges here. Local 406 for 20 years, beverage company as profitable as UPS. Company pension as is yours. Then frozen and 4% 401(k) match introduced. Given the situation of UPSF’s last contract negotiations, fair warning.

Last edited:
Seriously, you're going to try to claim that the UPS pension fund is just like the Central States pension fund, c'mon. UPS is a single payer fund backed by UPS and their billions in quarterly profit. UPS got tired of dropping $$$ into that worthless Central States :::shit:::hole. Why do you think that UPS got out and who could blame them. Central States is a multi payer fund or was, at one time,and now is dealing with shrinking numbers of actives vs increasing numbers of retirees and orphans. It's a snowball heading straight to hell and PBGC.
Don't get too giddy, with how secure your UPS pension is. UPS will always pay but they have already shown their hand. They are not in the business to give their profits away and UPS pays a lot of people to figure out how to reduce their pension liability, aka, your monthly pension payments plus they have Hoffa,jr., in their back pocket, to make sure there are no union hassles.
Perhaps apples & oranges here. Local 406 for 20 years, beverage company as profitable as UPS. Company pension as is yours. Then frozen and 4% 401(k) match introduced. Given the situation of UPSF’s last contract negotiations, fair warning.

Has Dracula seen the light??? Interesting. I don’t know the average age of employees here but just saying, I’ve never heard anyone concerned about there retirement here as a majority of complaints so I wouldn’t think that would be a good sell either way. Not saying they shouldn’t but it leads me to believe that the working age is on the younger side, and as we all know being older, it doesn’t take priority until you hit late 40’s -50. Imo, the constant unnecessary harassment (because we can) mentality is the biggest problem. P&D drivers get put through the ringers from the company to the customer. It can be brutal just getting freight off that belongs on flatbeds to irate customers and then smile, your on candid camera.

If the Unions would quit tryin to strangle the golden goose by makin sure somebody gits paid 45 bucks an hour to push a broom and stick to what they did best, which is to make sure somebody don’t get canned for tyin they shoelaces wrong, they’d be in a heluva better shape.

If the Unions would quit tryin to strangle the golden goose by makin sure somebody gits paid 45 bucks an hour to push a broom and stick to what they did best, which is to make sure somebody don’t get canned for tyin they shoelaces wrong, they’d be in a heluva better shape.
That will never happen. Today’s Teamsters are worthless. A bunch of sell outs that have betrayed their members. Even the hard core supporters are finally facing the truth.

Seriously, you're going to try to claim that the UPS pension fund is just like the Central States pension fund, c'mon. UPS is a single payer fund backed by UPS and their billions in quarterly profit. UPS got tired of dropping $$$ into that worthless Central States :::shit:::hole. Why do you think that UPS got out and who could blame them. Central States is a multi payer fund or was, at one time,and now is dealing with shrinking numbers of actives vs increasing numbers of retirees and orphans. It's a snowball heading straight to hell and PBGC.
Actually both UPS and UPGF got pension increases on this contract. The CSPF isn't accepting any new companies.

Actually both UPS and UPGF got pension increases on this contract. The CSPF isn't accepting any new companies.
I'm confused, but what's new. Central States is not accepting new blood? Just curious,before UPS bought its way out of Central States, what was the formula used to calculate pensions and what is it now?

I'm confused, but what's new. Central States is not accepting new blood? Just curious,before UPS bought its way out of Central States, what was the formula used to calculate pensions and what is it now?
Formula?? Now that’s funny. How about just bend over and grab your ankles and hope for the best.

Yes I said it! I know that’s taboo here but I think from what I’m hearing, it’s a topic that should be readdressed. Now before you go crazy on this, let me first say that I certainly have reservations myself about one for many reasons including being screwed by the UAW in the 90’s so I’m not all in but I also wonder if some representation would level the field for us. Just asking opinions. The pay and benefits are good but the level of respect(or lack of)here is the worst I’ve ever worked at, honestly, and the company knows that there’s nothing your going to do about it. Would a union solve this ??? Seems to me, SAIA is busting at the seems for one. I grew up in a family of steel workers from the 60s and 70s who fought for fair treatment by abusive employers and realize unions aren’t what they once were but to constantly watch the strong arm tactics from management here without any repercussions is embarrassing. I would weigh the pros and cons but I know I’m not going to sell out my work ethic for be treated like a pos. We all work hard for this company and should, that’s what we’re contracted to do but shouldn’t be walked all over for money either. Is a union worth it, I’m asking myself that or should we just bitch about it and do nothing, if so, I guess a thank you sir, may I have another will do.
That's all good ,but all it takes is one manager to make your life impossible and then you need someone represent you .