FedEx Freight | Unionize

That's an interesting take considering a lot of the younger guys weren't around when the older guys had an opportunity to vote in a union. What happened with that, again? I forget.
That is a valid point. But for me, I have to go back to when I got on with American Freightways in Jersey. I knew 3 quarters of those guys from previous teamster jobs. And the rest that I didn't know were all teamsters, including an ex steward from Carolina! Lots of bumps and bruises and betrayals in that mix. Maybe just a Jersey thing because it was almost all 560 damage. But I'm inclined to think most of those guys that said no as you reference thought things would get better. There are times when I think we are the sorriest group of m#$$$$$$rs on the planet or the most put upon.

That is a valid point. But for me, I have to go back to when I got on with American Freightways in Jersey. I knew 3 quarters of those guys from previous teamster jobs. And the rest that I didn't know were all teamsters, including an ex steward from Carolina! Lots of bumps and bruises and betrayals in that mix. Maybe just a Jersey thing because it was almost all 560 damage. But I'm inclined to think most of those guys that said no as you reference thought things would get better. There are times when I think we are the sorriest group of m#$$$$$$rs on the planet or the most put upon.
Knew a lot of guys who took any job they could get when things fell apart (80s and 90s ) but slowly came back to 701 jobs when things opened up

Knew a lot of guys who took any job they could get when things fell apart (80s and 90s ) but slowly came back to 701

Knew a lot of guys who took any job they could get when things fell apart (80s and 90s ) but slowly came back to 701 jobs when things opened up
701 is Yellow in Elizabeth, I believe. I did know a few guys who did go there. If I'm wrong let me know. Could it be as simple as North Jersey as opposed to Central Jersey. At one point I had a shot there and was told to stay away.

701 is Yellow in Elizabeth, I believe. I did know a few guys who did go there. If I'm wrong let me know. Could it be as simple as North Jersey as opposed to Central Jersey. At one point I had a shot there and was told to stay away.
Let me rephrase, I was told No, go on your way Johnny!

Believe Yellow in liz was 641

701 NJ, you may be thinking 707 NY
I'm sure you are right, but one of the last locals I was in was 812, soft drink and brewery workers and if you're not sure of who runs that, I'm sure you can find it on you tube. 641 was New Penn going to take some alone time to get this straight in my head. The only saving grace is I have all the withdrawal cards. Thanks for setting me straight tho.

I'm sure you are right, but one of the last locals I was in was 812, soft drink and brewery workers and if you're not sure of who runs that, I'm sure you can find it on you tube. 641 was New Penn going to take some alone time to get this straight in my head. The only saving grace is I have all the withdrawal cards. Thanks for setting me straight tho.
Yellow in Carlstadt was 641, as was New Penn in South Kearny. Roadway in South Kearny was 560 as was Carolina, St. Johnsbury, Pilot, PIE, Maislin, and Eastern Freightways in the Moonachie/Carlstadt area. Yellow Maybrook is 707.

Yellow in Carlstadt was 641, as was New Penn in South Kearny. Roadway in South Kearny was 560 as was Carolina, St. Johnsbury, Pilot, PIE, Maislin, and Eastern Freightways in the Moonachie/Carlstadt area.
Yellow in Carlstadt was 641, as was New Penn in South Kearny. Roadway in South Kearny was 560 as was Carolina, St. Johnsbury, Pilot, PIE, Maislin, and Eastern Freightways in the Moonachie/Carlstadt area. Yellow Maybrook is 707.
Yellow Maybrook was my hook. Told me to stay away. Good guy. Now one of the higher muckitmucks

Lombard, Bil-Kays and Valiere all in Eliz., were all 701 i think

Lombard, Bil-Kays and Valiere all in Eliz., were all 701 i think
Yikes!! Bilkays and Valerie! Haven't heard those names for years! Bilkays was the South Jersey Equivalent of the original Rightway Express of Elmwood Park. Lombard was a you had to born into it job. Jeez great old carriers, remember bunch of great guys running my route. Anyone remember picking up somebody else's freight and meeting, you know at the Schuyler Diner, across the street, backing up back to back and swapping it out. Everyone looking out for each other. Miss that.

Yikes!! Bilkays and Valerie! Haven't heard those names for years! Bilkays was the South Jersey Equivalent of the original Rightway Express of Elmwood Park. Lombard was a you had to born into it job. Jeez great old carriers, remember bunch of great guys running my route. Anyone remember picking up somebody else's freight and meeting, you know at the Schuyler Diner, across the street, backing up back to back and swapping it out. Everyone looking out for each other. Miss that.
Stop for lunch at a diner? Some guys today don't want to take lunch or breaks, they want to run through the day without stopping so they can get home quicker! Where did we go wrong? SMH!

Stop for lunch at a diner? Some guys today don't want to take lunch or breaks, they want to run through the day without stopping so they can get home quicker! Where did we go wrong? SMH!
I'm a runner and always was, but I took all those breaks we were entitled to and if it looked like a profitable day a little more. My theory always was the less the boss knew the better he was. Amazingly most of the old time owners felt the same.Old time owners that is. Now they want to watch you pick your nose. In the current vernacular, what's up with that!

also had Sterns( Did all the house deliveries and crap South Jersey freight for the other carriers) also Jersey Coast

I'm a runner and always was, but I took all those breaks we were entitled to and if it looked like a profitable day a little more. My theory always was the less the boss knew the better he was. Amazingly most of the old time owners felt the same.Old time owners that is. Now they want to watch you pick your nose. In the current vernacular, what's up with that!
Meeting other drivers from other jobs at lunch at was the best part of the day. Clowning with each other, having a few laughs did wonders for the mental attitude. Made bad days go better.

I worked for vallerie so windsor ct till it burned down then lee mass