FedEx Freight | Unionize

Seabreeze, I would like to know how you were able to quote Hookman’s post 14 minutes before Hookman even posted it (post 283 & 284). I guess it is true that “great minds think alike”. Or is reading minds something you guys do. If so, I have several questions about the future like stock prices, technology, and anything else that I need to invest in to make money. Razorblade‘s predictions are not working out to well for me. LOL!!!

Seabreeze, I would like to know how you were able to quote Hookman’s post 14 minutes before Hookman even posted it (post 283 & 284). I guess it is true that “great minds think alike”. Or is reading minds something you guys do. If so, I have several questions about the future like stock prices, technology, and anything else that I need to invest in to make money. Razorblade‘s predictions are not working out to well for me. LOL!!!
One reason I have this ability is that I was born very young.
You can probably do well by watching my moves, (when I buy, sell, when I sell, buy)
I think we should change RB's handle to (Doomsday)

It's because Seabreeze uses condensers instead of capacitors.

One reason I have this ability is that I was born very young.
You can probably do well by watching my moves, (when I buy, sell, when I sell, buy)
I think we should change RB's handle to (Doomsday)
I would sure like to develop this ability. Try thinking about a map and the location of all of those mason jars you have buried and see if you can channel those thoughts to me.
:17142::17142::17142:

Mama doesn't allow me in the garden, I think that's why she cuts the grass.
I like the grass short too Breeze :wee:
Are we still talking about the yard/lawn? Or is this a metaphor?
:hide:

2020 and 2021 have been very profitable for investors. 2022 will not be.
Some form of the Biden bill will pass sending the economy into a death spiral.
Inflation will continue wiping out any wage increases. Consumer spending will fall because after paying necessary expenses there will be less discretionary income.
The price of crude oil will go above $100 a barrel.
Corporate profits will fall. Some companies will fail. Jobs will be lost.
The Federal Reserve will raise interest rates and decrease the money supply to counter out of control inflation.
Russia will use natural gas supplies as a weapon against Europe.
China and Korea will become more aggressive.
Covid cases will surge in the undeveloped nations and among the unvaccinated.
The second quarter of 2022 will be the start of a worldwide recession.

Beginning mid-December, I will be pulling out all of the stock market profits earned over the last 2 years and then some. By mid-February, my mutual fund holdings will be at the same level as at the end of 2019.
I will max out the allowed yearly amount of $10,000 by buying Series I savings bonds in December and January. Series I bonds are indexed to inflation and currently paying 7%+.
The balance will remain in money market cash until I see a buying opportunity.

Rock,
Print and save so you can trash me in the future. OR, you can follow my lead and avoid a crushing loss. Actually, I hope to be overly cautious and wrong.
The mid-term elections should bring some sanity back to American economic policy.
Nov 24, 2021
If only you had listened and taken my advice in November.
Never question me. I am right more than Limbaugh

Now is a great time to unionize FedEx Freight. There's a driver shortage in the industry. They can't make you separate or look for a reason to separate you from the company to unionize. All of you drivers deserve to get better healthcare benefits, a pension and LEGAL protection. Once you get a union in, you will be under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Right now is the time to unionize.
I have found that people endorsing union membership are mostly either union reps or people who have never been in a union.
I was a dues-paying member of Teamsters local 878 for 9 years before i was hired by American Freightways and I can honestly say be careful what you wish for.
The union cares first and foremost about the union, not the rank and file workers it is supposed to represent. Ive seen way too many examples to list here, but one in particular stands out in my mind.

One year during contract negotiations, the union brought to us their contract they had negotiated on our behalf. It boiled down to a twenty cent per hour pay CUT. When the vote was counted it was obviously voted down. The second vote was a yes or no whether to go on strike. The vote was YES. The union replied they would not sanction the strike. When we protested we were told that the contract was a "great deal" and if we didnt like it we should go find another job, case closed. That's how much the union cares about the workers. Just sayin'. :(

I have found that people endorsing union membership are mostly either union reps or people who have never been in a union.
I was a dues-paying member of Teamsters local 878 for 9 years before i was hired by American Freightways and I can honestly say be careful what you wish for.
The union cares first and foremost about the union, not the rank and file workers it is supposed to represent. Ive seen way too many examples to list here, but one in particular stands out in my mind.

One year during contract negotiations, the union brought to us their contract they had negotiated on our behalf. It boiled down to a twenty cent per hour pay CUT. When the vote was counted it was obviously voted down. The second vote was a yes or no whether to go on strike. The vote was YES. The union replied they would not sanction the strike. When we protested we were told that the contract was a "great deal" and if we didnt like it we should go find another job, case closed. That's how much the union cares about the workers. Just sayin'. :(
I don’t remember that happening and I am out of Local #878 as well. Since 1994. Whether it did or did not happen like that is open for debate. My question is this. Why would you give up a job that had better pay at the time with full healthcare and pension contributions paid by the Employer and a grievance process to go to work for less pay and benefits elsewhere? Not to mention becoming an “at will employee”. I guess you showed them!!!