FedEx Freight | Unionize

I remember being told that there are many conservative union members. The union still doesn't endorse that way. None of them do. They'd be more attractive if they remained apolitical in this divisive climate.

Hoffa 2 made the teamsters unattractive to non union employees. The T Force negotiations will have a lot of eyes on them.
I think we'd be more attractive if the actual membership stood up and participated.
Alot of drivers,union and non, think similar on politics.
And the bigshots of companies and unions just do as they please.
Skin color, sexuality, getting social programs for nonunion workers, globalism......none of these are union issues.

The issue is seniority and work rules.
And pay.

If a company hired....the employee must be treated as we were to get where we are.
English was required for 13 years of school.
It should be required.
If the employee can do as we did to get put on a seniority list then all is well.
Treating people special due to immigration or language or skin color or gender should not fly.
That is the way it should be.
And it doesn't even need to be talked about.
Not at work. Not on TV. Not in school. Not by government.

Companies and political groups and religions prefer to divide and break down and to mold in their own image.
I'd think it is the union job to say no.
You are not gonna divide us anymore.
Nor break us down anymore.
Our Locality does it this way....and if you are gonna operate here......we do it our way...not your way.
If changes occur they should occur due to our desire, the local citizens desire, not a multinational investor or company desire.
Unions operate by Local.
It's the companies who want no border.

You can see a little in what I say in the whole Yellow takeover thing.
It isn't just a takeover of the regional carriers who had their own ways. Eventually, and it has some....it becomes a takeover of the Local work rules and such also.
That's the effect on sovereignty.

The unions have been weak.
Yes.

But nonunion workers competing, make it even weaker.

If a company is hiring in a fishy way....then the union should have a say in how it is done.
The elites of this world do anything they can for themselves and have no respect when it comes to sovereignty.
At one time...it was " the good ole boys which may have needed watching.
Today it has reversed to diversity.

Last edited:
I think we'd be more attractive if the actual membership stood up and participated.
Alot of drivers,union and non, think similar on politics.
And the bigshots of companies and unions just do as they please.
Skin color, sexuality, getting social programs for nonunion workers, globalism......none of these are union issues.

The issue is seniority and work rules.
And pay.

If a company hired....the employee must be treated as we were to get where we are.
English was required for 13 years of school.
It should be required.
If the employee can do as we did to get put on a seniority list then all is well.
Treating people special due to immigration or language or skin color or gender should not fly.
That is the way it should be.
And it doesn't even need to be talked about.
Not at work. Not on TV. Not in school. Not by government.

Companies and political groups and religions prefer to divide and break down and to mold in their own image.
I'd think it is the union job to say no.
You are not gonna divide us anymore.
Nor break us down anymore.
Our Locality does it this way....and if you are gonna operate here......we do it our way...not your way.
If changes occur they should occur due to our desire, the local citizens desire, not a multinational investor or company desire.
Unions operate by Local.
It's the companies who want no border.

You can see a little in what I say in the whole Yellow takeover thing.
It isn't just a takeover of the regional carriers who had their own ways. Eventually, and it has some....it becomes a takeover of the Local work rules and such also.
That's the effect on sovereignty.

The unions have been weak.
Yes.

But nonunion workers competing, make it even weaker.

I agree with most of your points.

Unions are weak because of the reasons you stated. If the union big wigs and corporate execs just do as they please and add gas to the fire of identity politics, your regular Joe is going to want to stay clear of that.

Easily.

At 800/month if I take half of that and invest it in an index fund, that averages 10% growth annually, I'd be sitting on over a million in 36 years regardless of my age. If I take the other half and invest it in a roth IRA that has a 5-6% return over the period of 35 years, I'd have about 5 or 6 hundred tax free dollars. Assume I need 70k a year to live comfortably in 30 years (huge assumption on my part), I can live for 10 years without touching the index funds allowing it to enjoy those 10% returns for another 10 years. Once the ROTH is gone, I can pull 6k a month from my index funds allowing the rest to grow. That's before talking about my 401k and if social security is still a thing in 30 years, that's a bonus.

That's on a standard 40 hour week. I
Easily.

At 800/month if I take half of that and invest it in an index fund, that averages 10% growth annually, I'd be sitting on over a million in 36 years regardless of my age. If I take the other half and invest it in a roth IRA that has a 5-6% return over the period of 35 years, I'd have about 5 or 6 hundred tax free dollars. Assume I need 70k a year to live comfortably in 30 years (huge assumption on my part), I can live for 10 years without touching the index funds allowing it to enjoy those 10% returns for another 10 years. Once the ROTH is gone, I can pull 6k a month from my index funds allowing the rest to grow. That's before talking about my 401k and if social security is still a thing in 30 years, that's a bonus.

That's on a standard 40 hour week. I work 60 hours a week.
You don’t get it. That’s your money you’re working for that you get after taxes and you’re gonna invest that that’s fine. My rip fund is money given to me by my employer before I paid my payroll taxes. You have to do all the work, all I had to do is show up for work. Therefore, your extra 200 per week without any investing would give you approximately little over 350K in 36 yrs compared my 587 K. Which would you prefer? This isn’t rocket science

You don’t get it. That’s your money you’re working for that you get after taxes and you’re gonna invest that that’s fine. My rip fund is money given to me by my employer before I paid my payroll taxes. You have to do all the work, all I had to do is show up for work. Therefore, your extra 200 per week without any investing would give you approximately little over 350K in 36 yrs compared my 587 K. Which would you prefer? This isn’t rocket science

If we both work 40 hours a week and I come out ahead 200 a week, I'd rather do that. It frees me up earlier and I don't have some weird "80" formula to do it and it gives me access to cash if I need it at any point. Relying on a corporation for retirement is a foolish move in this climate and I'm not interested in doing that. If fedex closes up shop tomorrow, I still have my money. If TForce closes up shop tomorrow, I'm SOL.

If we both work 40 hours a week and I come out ahead 200 a week, I'd rather do that. It frees me up earlier and I don't have some weird "80" formula to do it and it gives me access to cash if I need it at any point. Relying on a corporation for retirement is a foolish move in this climate and I'm not interested in doing that. If fedex closes up shop tomorrow, I still have my money. If TForce closes up shop tomorrow, I'm SOL.
Dude, if Yellow folds tomorrow I still have my 587K. That’s my Individual retirement in my name. It’s not tied to Yellow Corp

Dude, if Yellow folds tomorrow I still have my 587K. That’s my Individual retirement in my name. It’s not tied to Yellow Corp

But you're retired, so it's yours. I'm talking about current employees that haven't met the requirements to be entitled to a retirement package.

Oh I don't know about that. Never say never. I borrowed money to purchase my house 43 years ago. That house is today worth more than 10 times what I paid for it. :smile new:
When you buy a house you aren't paying rent so it's kinda different to borrow to buy a house. Use to be you could rent or pay 20% more or so a month and actually be buying. So you were only borrowing like 20% of what you paid for your house because you would have had to live somewhere anyway

I
Times are hard Slave, you get tired of Flounder and Grouper after a while.
I actually think it would be good to try.
I trap them and take them 5 miles out into the woods to get rid of them. They're strong little rats. They grab the cage and bang into it. I set them loose. They wreck stuff.
Pigeons I can't figure out how to get rid of. Too many houses around to shoot them.

I

I actually think it would be good to try.
I trap them and take them 5 miles out into the woods to get rid of them. They're strong little rats. They grab the cage and bang into it. I set them loose. They wreck stuff.
Pigeons I can't figure out how to get rid of. Too many houses around to shoot them.
We never see pigeons down here, I think Redtail hawks keep them in check.
The tree rats are destructive and a nuisance.
The hawks work on them also, especially when they have little ones.