FedEx Freight | Unionize

This is one point I was making about Yellow.
They do what they want. The Sovereignty doesn't matter. At NPME I heard it right out of a VP's mouth at the same table as me, that Utility Bids would not be used at New Penn. It won't work here.....but years went by and they took work from us, gave it to others, now those terminals don't have too much work. It becomes Yellow's system. And they do what they want. Reduced our road board to nothing and road bids were replaced with Utility Bids
This was posted hours after I posted in here. It is current for USF.
Thread 'Reddaway/ YRC COO Local 63 Memo' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/reddaway-yrc-coo-local-63-memo.118185/

The " to stay competitive" argument only exists because you refuse to join.
Nobody can say no....when you make it so that you will do whatever they want.

Your union is FedEx corporation.....which allows them all to do whatever they want to us.

The " to stay competitive" argument only exists because you refuse to join.
Nobody can say no....when you make it so that you will do whatever they want.

Your union is FedEx corporation.....which allows them all to do whatever they want to us.
Well I'd like to file a grievance on whoever the moron was that set up this liftgate route today. Half the numbers didn't answer or were disconnected, some deliveries where the person supposedly doesn't exist, and a lot of low tree limbs and power lines.

Does the Fedex union get me hazard pay for today? Or at least a box of fish sticks for all the aggravation?

Well I'd like to file a grievance on whoever the moron was that set up this liftgate route today. Half the numbers didn't answer or were disconnected, some deliveries where the person supposedly doesn't exist, and a lot of low tree limbs and power lines.

Does the Fedex union get me hazard pay for today? Or at least a box of fish sticks for all the aggravation?
Nope but they are giving you the Golden Hot Dog award for your troubles....

Your union told me that you are a lazy, goodfernuttin' troublemaker.
And they made it clear that they told you
#1. You're lucky you have a job.
#2. It's the best job ya ever had.
Work harder and quit complaining and they appreciate everything you do......and they understand your frustrations.
Does that make it feel better?
And see the TM.
He's thinking about giving you the warm bottle of purified drinking water he's hiding in his desk.
He only took one sip.
That's almost a whole bottle of free water.

Last edited:
Getting back to the food topic.
I always liked liver.
That was a cheap filling meal I could get at diners.
You could get an omelette with home fries and toast of liver with gravy and mashed potatoes and a vegetable for $3-$4 when I was young and on my own and had no kitchen.
I ate plenty of liver.
I also liked when mom made chicken livers.
I haven't eaten them lately.
They are cheap and was told that catfish love them.
You put medical guaze around it and it's a bloody mess and hook it and cast.
I caught no catfish but caught 2 eels in the Lehigh River.
I had no clue what to do with that snake-looking fish with teeth snapping at me so I cut them loose.

Was told they are very good to eat after throwing them back.

The guys around here were/are German and they don't make chittlins as far as I know. But the older mechanics and drivers a few years back would stand around the shop talking about using maybe a quarter of a 50 gallon drum cut off. They'd sit it in a fire and throw parts of the pig in there and all kinds of stuff they considered delicious for their recipes on their family farms as kids, and stir it with a stick or shovel handle.
They call it scrapple here.
My dad went to Jersey in 1955 out of the army. But he was born and raised in Hickory. He couldn't make any money down there.
He loved the union more than anybody I ever met. It totally changed what he could do with his life
4-5x the money he could make down there.

He'd get me bricks of scrapple from his UAW buddies. Half the size of a Hollywood block.

Last edited:
The unions are going broke, they need your money to pay for the retirees, if your in your 20s 30s you'll never see a dime, just like ssi
The nation is $30 trillion plus in debt?
Why?
Because the anti-union mentality pushed by companies like FedEx destroyed pensions. Destroyed industries by sending them overseas.
Put more people on social programs than ever because they wanted cheap foreign labor and to be able to ship it back here.
Thanks for looking out for them.
They really needed your help to break the whole nation.
Don't cry about your taxes.
You wanted them to have power.
They've had the power since the seventies.
How's it working out?