FedEx Freight | Unionize

You're going to need more than healthcare, a pension and legal protection to get people on board. I tried, had the conversations and the numbers aren't there.

First and foremost, it's too political. The first thing I would hear is "those damn democrats, I'm not giving them any money". Then it's concern over a single driver board system and finally, the response by FedEx which would be rerouting as much freight as possible to make us starve.
If the concern is..."the unions are why we have lost control of our politicians....or why leftists control".

That can be changed with effort within the union.

The first thing done for the globalist takeover of the nation was to weaken the unions and take down the numbers.

That enabled the multinational globalist corporations a whole lot of control.
This happened with imports in the 70's and deregulations by 1980.

After weak...the union,in defense, begin taking globalist positions favoring corporations to defend and save what is left.

Unions defend sovereignty of locality,state,region,and nation.

Without us....you and your government are under total globalist control.

It will take a massive increase in union numbers to take back the nation.

By allowing your companies to do as they please, unions have little leverage.

You.
Yes you.
Are allowing it.

It's all about economics...and you are allowing globalist control.
With economics they control the politicians.

We are still union. We still have a pension. We still have 30 and out. And we still have top notch medical/dental.
UPS got rid of 30 and out before we became UPS Freight. thats where The APWA came from. Van Skillman (Nospinzone) created it because of the ending of 30 and out. I still think the magic number is still 85 for a full pension here at UPS Freight/T Force.

One of the main supporters of immigration is the Chamber of Commerce.
If that's a political issue.
Find out if FedEx is part of that "union".
It's a lobby group.
A huge one for employers.

And they are the pushers of immigration.
Immigrants keep labor costs down.
They use that for supply and demand theory.

Although driver shortage meant nothing.

FedEx belongs to the ATA.
Another union for corporations.
They want immigrant truckers to come in.
That's how supply and demand works for them.
For business...high demand means high profits.

For drivers it means the companies try hard with their unions to bring up the driver supply.......so your profits don't go anywhere.

FedEx Freight drivers belong to every corporate globalist business union ruining our country.
Because they ALLOW the company to do all the lobbying for them.

You are to blame. There is no excuse.
You either take your country back by joining and participating.
Or you allow these globalist tyrant's who own all nations to do whatever they want to your country.
And communist China is a favored business model.

Right now you do belong to union lobby groups.
Just not one looking out for you or anybody else on our level.
Ones that look out for the wealthiest in the world.

I've been watching something nutty...but probably pretty real.

It said that by 2028 Black Rock and Vanguard will own just about everything in the world.

Nothing will stop them from doing anything that they want with this world or with this country or with your family or with you.

They're getting ready to take your guns away.

You've had plenty of chances to slow them economically. A union was the peaceful way to do it.
I think it's getting too late for that.
You've seen what they did to all the union carriers and then in 2008 what they did to YRC,New Penn,USF.,....votes mean nothing anymore.
They do what they want.

And you let them.
You seen a questionable virus and questionable mandates. Canada and Australia don't have gun rights as us. Their police were beating them. New Zealand..similar.

You've seen a questionable election.
Strange show trials as communist propagandists do.

In Holland right now is a farmer protest. A new law outlaws something which will disallow them to farm and government will take their land.
Germany is joining them. It's the corporate climate change tyranny.
Immigration is insane all over the western world. Changing demographics. Changing areas.

This bad stuff is not stuff the common man wants.
It's what the world elites want. And corporations are their tools. And even the unions have become their tools.
But these are not union ideals from old.
Union ideals from old were local,state and regional for their members benefit.
None of this stuff going on is for member benefit.
Because our hands have been tied since they deregulated and you stubbornly decided to stay out.
These companies join every lobby group they can to get their laws passed.
And you do nothing.

You'll own nothing and be happy.
Search it.

I like to make you think.
Because you better.
The world is changing extremely quickly.

No pension. 130 % 401K match, plus a higher pay rate that allows me to invest money how I see fit. You may be comfortable relying on a pension rate that's rapidly being outpaced by inflation, but I'm certainly not.

I'm not even expecting social security to still be a thing by the time I'm eligible for retirement. That means I would have to survive on 3300 a month, because the union pay rate doesn't pay enough for me to have enough disposable income to invest.
Not to start an argument, but your higher pay rate (hourly) is far less than my compensation rate when you add in the nearly $20.00 per hour paid by my employer for my pension and health&welfare. We also have a 401K thru the Teamsters if we decide to use it.

Not to start an argument, but your higher pay rate (hourly) is far less than my compensation rate when you add in the nearly $20.00 per hour paid by my employer for my pension and health&welfare. We also have a 401K thru the Teamsters if we decide to use it.

I get all of that, but I can't pay my bills with healthcare, so it's subjective because I have no healthcare costs. That's why it's subjective. What good is free healthcare if I don't use it? Being honest, if I experienced a sudden decline in health I can go to a union carrier and take advantage of their healthcare and that would solve that. For now, I'm better off making an extra 200/week on a standard 40 hour week.

The 401k is pointless without a match. In my area, statistics say i need to make at least 65k a year to live a basic comfortable life. Should a person be happy to get less than half of that after working 30 years when history says that the cost of living will increase? That's insanity and I don't understand why anybody would be defending that.

Forget the healthcare for a minute...I have 36 years in the union... I have 587 K in my R.I.P. account [ all company provided ]. I'm about to retire with 2240.00 SSI per month +1450.00 per month of newer pension. With all due respect, how does your 200 extra per week compare with this package.

I get all of that, but I can't pay my bills with healthcare, so it's subjective because I have no healthcare costs. That's why it's subjective. What good is free healthcare if I don't use it? Being honest, if I experienced a sudden decline in health I can go to a union carrier and take advantage of their healthcare and that would solve that. For now, I'm better off making an extra 200/week on a standard 40 hour week.

The 401k is pointless without a match. In my area, statistics say i need to make at least 65k a year to live a basic comfortable life. Should a person be happy to get less than half of that after working 30 years when history says that the cost of living will increase? That's insanity and I don't understand why anybody would be defending that.
Fair enough on the first paragraph. My situation was different as my wife is type-1 diabetic and has been since 1990. It was a no-brainer for me when I left a very, very good job at Frito-Lay to go to work for ABF because of the savings in health care cost alone. On the second paragraph, I think you should know that the pension contributions and the pay-out are steadily improving for T-Force. If I remember correctly, the pension pay-out goes up to $120.00 per month credit in the last year of their current contract. And, I would like to think that each year of their next contract will improve on the pay-out similar to what their current contract has done. Even if it does not, T-Force enjoys an hourly rate similar to yours with fantastic healthcare at a cost of $35.00 a week (I think) and a pension that pays out $110.00 per month (currently) for each year of service at no cost. So, with a little investing of some of their own money over time, it will most likely put them ahead of you when they get ready to retire. After all, they will already have $3300 a month coming in after thirty years of service at no cost that you will not have.

Forget the healthcare for a minute...I have 36 years in the union... I have 587 K in my R.I.P. account [ all company provided ]. I'm about to retire with 2240.00 SSI per month +1450.00 per month of newer pension. With all due respect, how does your 200 extra per week compare with this package.

Easily.

At 800/month if I take half of that and invest it in an index fund, that averages 10% growth annually, I'd be sitting on over a million in 36 years regardless of my age. If I take the other half and invest it in a roth IRA that has a 5-6% return over the period of 35 years, I'd have about 5 or 6 hundred tax free dollars. Assume I need 70k a year to live comfortably in 30 years (huge assumption on my part), I can live for 10 years without touching the index funds allowing it to enjoy those 10% returns for another 10 years. Once the ROTH is gone, I can pull 6k a month from my index funds allowing the rest to grow. That's before talking about my 401k and if social security is still a thing in 30 years, that's a bonus.

That's on a standard 40 hour week. I work 60 hours a week.

Fair enough on the first paragraph. My situation was different as my wife is type-1 diabetic and has been since 1990. It was a no-brainer for me when I left a very, very good job at Frito-Lay to go to work for ABF because of the savings in health care cost alone. On the second paragraph, I think you should know that the pension contributions and the pay-out are steadily improving for T-Force. If I remember correctly, the pension pay-out goes up to $120.00 per month credit in the last year of their current contract. And, I would like to think that each year of their next contract will improve on the pay-out similar to what their current contract has done. Even if it does not, T-Force enjoys an hourly rate similar to yours with fantastic healthcare at a cost of $35.00 a week (I think) and a pension that pays out $110.00 per month (currently) for each year of service at no cost. So, with a little investing of some of their own money over time, it will most likely put them ahead of you when they get ready to retire. After all, they will already have $3300 a month coming in after thirty years of service at no cost that you will not have.

According to vanguard, I can expect to see 4k a month from my 401k by retirement age. Going off my last paystub, I grossed a little over 2k, contributed 120 and FedEx contributed 160. Considering that, they do come out sightly ahead. The thing that kills TForce is that it's new. Is the pay progression still 17 to start and 4 years to top? There's also no way to know what contract negotiations will look like because there's no history of it. It'll definitely be an interesting couple of years coming up and I'm good being on the outside looking in.

Jeff and smoke are going to strangle me for this, but I'm more of a fan of the 401k than the pension. Sure, I have to contribute but I have control over it and I have access to it in a real SHTF situation. It's an added sense of security because saving accounts are a ripoff.

According to vanguard, I can expect to see 4k a month from my 401k by retirement age. Going off my last paystub, I grossed a little over 2k, contributed 120 and FedEx contributed 160. Considering that, they do come out sightly ahead. The thing that kills TForce is that it's new. Is the pay progression still 17 to start and 4 years to top? There's also no way to know what contract negotiations will look like because there's no history of it. It'll definitely be an interesting couple of years coming up and I'm good being on the outside looking in.

Jeff and smoke are going to strangle me for this, but I'm more of a fan of the 401k than the pension. Sure, I have to contribute but I have control over it and I have access to it in a real SHTF situation. It's an added sense of security because saving accounts are a ripoff.
If my math is correct, you are spending roughly $520.00 a month ($120 times 52-weeks divided by 12) for that $4000 a month. That comes up to a net of $3480.00 a month. The T-Force employee will draw $3300.00 a month after 30 contributing years (currently if qualified by age) without paying a dime of his/her own money. And, if the market took a hit, he/she would most likely still have the $3300.00 a month pension that was fully funded by employer contributions where you would not. If that employee also invested an extra $120.00 a week of his check, He most likely would be getting well over $4000.00 a month come retirement age combining both.
If I am not mistaken, T-Force started paying full rate day one. At least in some areas. But I may be wrong about this. Maybe a T-Force employee can comment on this for verification.
And T-Force may be new in the USA, but they were already big in Canada from what I understand, and a lot of the locations were Teamster represented. So I doubt they would purchase UPS Freight just to close them down. Even at the bargain price they paid for UPS Freight. But stranger things have happened I guess.

If my math is correct, you are spending roughly $520.00 a month ($120 times 52-weeks divided by 12) for that $4000 a month. That comes up to a net of $3480.00 a month. The T-Force employee will draw $3300.00 a month after 30 contributing years (currently if qualified by age) without paying a dime of his/her own money. And, if the market took a hit, he/she would most likely still have the $3300.00 a month pension that was fully funded by employer contributions where you would not. If that employee also invested an extra $120.00 a week of his check, He most likely would be getting well over $4000.00 a month come retirement age combining both.
If I am not mistaken, T-Force started paying full rate day one. At least in some areas. But I may be wrong about this. Maybe a T-Force employee can comment on this for verification.
And T-Force may be new in the USA, but they were already big in Canada from what I understand, and a lot of the locations were Teamster represented. So I doubt they would purchase UPS Freight just to close them down. Even at the bargain price they paid for UPS Freight. But stranger things have happened I guess.

They will close TForce if we organize FedEx or XPO.

It isn't about the money, so much as it is about disallowing a large organized labor force who can slow and stop them.
They know union people are not all left nor all right.
They use the left and right political leaders to guage and nudge.
It's about political takeover and control of locality,State, region, nation and world.
That's what Yellow did.
That's what they do on a worldwide level.
And they don't know how to do a job right nor do they care. It's about control. Total control if they can get it.
And they are closer than they have ever been.
People and nations are gonna get hurt.

Large groups of organized labor are there biggest fear.
Because it is nonviolent.
They'd rather deal with disorganized violence with no structure.
The hatred of unions was their teachings to divide and keep them in control.
Vanguard and Black Rock own all companies.
And most companies in the world.

Canadians had a strike. Owner operators. I think we had one too.
About vaccine mandates.
It doesn't do much to stop them.

Organizing the private companies and shutting them down if needed. is a major threat to the powermad.

It isn't the money they fear.
It's the capability of large peaceful economic organization that they fear.

Hate elite control?

Time is running out.
2028 Black Rock and Vanguard own the world with little economic resistance in America or the West
We've done as told since deregulation in 1980.
We will surely do everything in life as told when that takes hold.

Guys who run a union like Hoffa is what they fear.
That's why they made him disappear in the 70's and deregulated to bust it all up.

The more who stay nonunion. The easier it is to control the industry and the politicians and even the union leaders.

Last edited:
Easily.

At 800/month if I take half of that and invest it in an index fund, that averages 10% growth annually, I'd be sitting on over a million in 36 years regardless of my age. If I take the other half and invest it in a roth IRA that has a 5-6% return over the period of 35 years, I'd have about 5 or 6 hundred tax free dollars. Assume I need 70k a year to live comfortably in 30 years (huge assumption on my part), I can live for 10 years without touching the index funds allowing it to enjoy those 10% returns for another 10 years. Once the ROTH is gone, I can pull 6k a month from my index funds allowing the rest to grow. That's before talking about my 401k and if social security is still a thing in 30 years, that's a bonus.

That's on a standard 40 hour week. I work 60 hours a week.
That all makes good sense for You...you are obviously a young guy with intelligence......when most guys started (guys posting here on TB) union jobs were the best paying, with the best benefits and a pension, now that is no longer the case with pay, but it is still the best fit for us, as your job is the best fit for you....even with my lower wage I am still able to save and invest a considerable amount because I have no bills other than taxes, insurance, and everyday living expenses....

Now your talk about Social Security I have heard many times, and I couldn't disagree more...you have to remember that the members of Congress (regardless of party) are mostly people who are power hungry individuals who will do anything to stay in power.....the one thing that all citizens that work have in common is they have Social Security taken out of every paycheck.... it would be political suic ide to ever pass a bill or stand by and watch Social Security fail....

Your math is right, but like everything else the reasons are subjective. I'm fine with doing that.

I don't know if T Force is paying top rate, but I figured if they did I'd get bombarded with advertisements.

I don't think TForce will shutdown, but to say their history with the teamsters in Canada will be similar to negotiating in the US is disingenuous because they're not the same. The biggest difference being Canada's socialized healthcare not being a part of negotiations.

Your math is right, but like everything else the reasons are subjective. I'm fine with doing that.

I don't know if T Force is paying top rate, but I figured if they did I'd get bombarded with advertisements.

I don't think TForce will shutdown, but to say their history with the teamsters in Canada will be similar to negotiating in the US is disingenuous because they're not the same. The biggest difference being Canada's socialized healthcare not being a part of negotiations.
They already did their negotiating by allowing the companies to do whatever they want.
The company didn't want to pay healthcare. So now they are stuck in a government system where government makes all the rules. And if government decides to mandate experimental vaccines...some politicians say " since it is government healthcare...the unvaccinated cannot have healthcare."
You will do as you are told or be sick or die.
At the top of all communism and socialism are the best tyranical capitalists in the world.
Own the government and you own the world.

And since the people decide to remain nonunion.
The company makes those government rules.
And you pay with tax dollars to people you have no desire to oppose to make those rules. You do not get money back into your check that was once contributed into your healthcare. Because you wanted it from government. So you lose in all ways.
And you wait in line for health services behind people who could work but do not have to.

So as you sit there with thumb up ass and other thumb in mouth......remember....you had many choices since 1980 to help slow or stop it.....but you decided to allow them all power.

You can't change the corporation from inside.
But you can change the union because you are shareholder. And can communicate with other shareholders.

They already did their negotiating by allowing the companies to do whatever they want.
The company didn't want to pay healthcare. So now they are stuck in a government system where government makes all the rules. And if government decides to mandate experimental vaccines...some politicians say " since it is government healthcare...the unvaccinated cannot have healthcare."
You will do as you are told or be sick or die.
At the top of all communism and socialism are the best tyranical capitalists in the world.
Own the government and you own the world.

And since the people decide to remain nonunion.
The company makes those government rules.
And you pay with tax dollars to people you have no desire to oppose to make those rules. You do not get money back into your check that was once contributed into your healthcare. Because you wanted it from government. So you lose in all ways.
And you wait in line for health services behind people who could work but do not have to.

So as you sit there with thumb up ass and other thumb in mouth......remember....you had many choices since 1980 to help slow or stop it.....but you decided to allow them all power.

You can't change the corporation from inside.
But you can change the union because you are shareholder. And can communicate with other shareholders.

We already have one 1984, we don't need another one.

I had many choices since 1980? I wasn't even a thought in my mother's mind.... Not sure what I could've changed, sorry to have disappointed you.

Big government runs the world. The union backs the people advocating for more government... I'm not sure what you're getting at.

We already have one 1984, we don't need another one.

I had many choices since 1980? I wasn't even a thought in my mother's mind.... Not sure what I could've changed, sorry to have disappointed you.

Big government runs the world. The union backs the people advocating for more government... I'm not sure what you're getting at.
The union can be whatever the members want it to be.
The company cannot.
And the unions have been used by the companies because the unions have been up against the wall since before you are born.

The function is to protect and serve the members.
It becomes distorted when the numbers are too low.
It becomes survival instead of service to the member.
There is no union if it does not survive.
Our organizing system is done by company.
Our membership increases when a company is organized.
And decreases when a company goes down or decertified.
So....in order survive....unions have advocated for company interests.
And companies will shove as much as they can onto the taxpayer....causing big government to become bigger.

When you see that the government does things you do not like.....it is because you do not participate as the companies and investors do.
They join groups
But convince you that you should not.

The union can be whatever the members want it to be.
The company cannot.
And the unions have been used by the companies because the unions have been up against the wall since before you are born.

The function is to protect and serve the members.
It becomes distorted when the numbers are too low.
It becomes survival instead of service to the member.
There is no union if it does not survive.
Our organizing system is done by company.
Our membership increases when a company is organized.
And decreases when a company goes down or decertified.
So....in order survive....unions have advocated for company interests.
And companies will shove as much as they can onto the taxpayer....causing big government to become bigger.

When you see that the government does things you do not like.....it is because you do not participate as the companies and investors do.
They join groups
But convince you that you should not.

I remember being told that there are many conservative union members. The union still doesn't endorse that way. None of them do. They'd be more attractive if they remained apolitical in this divisive climate.

Hoffa 2 made the teamsters unattractive to non union employees. The T Force negotiations will have a lot of eyes on them.