XPO | Unity has GAS

What I'd like to do is go back to a barter system. I'll fix your breaks on your car if you rototill my garden. We havebecome such a disposable society, if something breaks buy a new one, which means traveling to a store.. I use xm radio in my big truck, the antenna wire broke and needed a new one. The replacement antenna was more expensive than buying another entire xm radio unit. We need to stop this insanity. WE NEED to stop driving. Heck I live in Amish country might just put on a straw hat , horses dont use gas. hummmm
I'll ponder this decision......

What I'd like to do is go back to a barter system. I'll fix your breaks on your car if you rototill my garden. We havebecome such a disposable society, if something breaks buy a new one, which means traveling to a store.. I use xm radio in my big truck, the antenna wire broke and needed a new one. The replacement antenna was more expensive than buying another entire xm radio unit. We need to stop this insanity. WE NEED to stop driving. Heck I live in Amish country might just put on a straw hat , horses dont use gas. hummmm
I'll ponder this decision......

you like your xm radio too much to become an amish otherwise you never would have brought up the broken antenna

and a good point it was ... i was making a joke ...

No........No...I don't think so.

You're back peddling here and I really think you want to explore this antennae thing some more.

Ninja, I think you would make a fine Amish stud and could you then adopt a name like, say, Ninja-Levi?

:smilie_132:​

There are different types of Intercourse. One's in Pa. another one is delivered from behind by corporate America. Press on

you like your xm radio too much to become an amish otherwise you never would have brought up the broken antenna

He could get like 5 of those little generators/light kits you get for your bicycles and put them all on the wagon wheel..that should be enough power to fire up the ole xm...

Sadly, Conway has hit and wiped out 7 Amish buggies since '83. But that's okay as they don't sue.

Hey I live in Amish country and Ninja-Levi has a chance. We have some of them you can hear their boom boxs for miles then when they get closer the clip-clop of the horse, 2 car batteries wired up and they are cranking Def Lepard or Styxx. The noise and then the light show when they come in site is great, like a traveling show. Some have the buggies all outline with neon lights and flashers, sort of look loke "chicken haulers" of old. LOL

Hey I live in Amish country and Ninja-Levi has a chance. We have some of them you can hear their boom boxs for miles then when they get closer the clip-clop of the horse, 2 car batteries wired up and they are cranking Def Lepard or Styxx. The noise and then the light show when they come in site is great, like a traveling show. Some have the buggies all outline with neon lights and flashers, sort of look loke "chicken haulers" of old. LOL

And they run linears on their 19 channel CBs

And they run linears on their 19 channel CBs

We still have those up here running I-95through CT, NY and NJ...funny too..up here they are usually trash haulers, grocery haulers, dump trucks and the occasional container hauler...some of their trucks have the mirrors hanging on with duct tape, but they sure have many lights...oh and they have linears on their radios too, so they can hear each other at massive distances...well like 3-4 truck lengths away...and they speak spanish...most of us up here buy export radios so as we can go to complete different bands to talk...

Ok, trying to focus on more than one point:

Gas gets to America, oil companies refine it and then sell to gas stations and/or stores. Don't go near Exxon/Mobile and any of their subsidaries. They'll have to bring down prices in order to sell.

Next: refineries. Why can't the government put them onto their property? Like closed bases. I've read where local government (cities) would put these places through YEARS of red tape and they couldn't get the refineries built. Last, we have more oil here in the US that needs to be taken out. Can the oil companies lease the government land/closed bases and drill on them?

Then on our part we can conserve energy and fuel. We have ch/a and don't use it. I put in a window unit in just the rooms we use and turned off the ch/a. Bill dropped over $150 for the MONTH. Bought a portable a/c and it has heat on it, use it and my bill is lower. Plant trees that drop leaves in the winter so you have shade in the summer/ sun in the winter. Smaller cars, kids ride buses, won't hurt them, didn't hurt us and didn't hurt our kids when they were still at home.

Oh and about electricity running 'cleaner'?? Well... Fossell fuel is bought to run the turbines/generators to MAKE the electric that you run in your home. Double whammy there folks!

I'm going to build a home of cement/concrete/cinder blocks, very insulated and tiled on the inside. Metal roofing, cuts back on insurance rates, you can use an old wood burning stove (grow ya own trees) that is out of the way of kids/babies of course. Attic fans, special window placements to allow breezes in the summer. Check out the Crystal Catheldral and how it's built to be cooled in the summer. They don't use a/c to cool it!