R&L | up date. discussed & don"t know what to do.

PS.O.DRIVER

TB Lurker
Credits
I talked to Larry SR. and he deeply apologized for what was going on. That he did not know and that he would see that it would not happen agen.And that his teams were the backbone of R&L. And for me to call him everyday if needed to let him know what was going on. And that any team that was haveing the same trouble tocall him at ex 1001, He was realy sincere, I realy beleive what he says. Iv'e bean hear a long time he dose care about his drivers. He just cant keep up with everything. If any teem has any problem know is the time to call Larry SR. But make sure its lejit.:smile1::smile1::smile1::ohmy::smile1::smile1:

keep us updated and let us know if he fixed the problem, i am very curious to see what the outcome is going to be

I can tell you I personnaly made the call to Sr. before leaving the company ( I was a team driver for 12 years months away from million mile ring) and he told me himself that he was aware of what was going on and R&L was in the freight business to move the freight the cheapest way possible, and if we couldn't live with the changes that was coming down we might had better start looking for employement else where. Keep in mind I had been with the company 12 years no write ups, no violations, never missed work, was if I say so a pretty good employee, the kind they should of wanted to keep. It is the cold hard fact that the Roberts is going to do what makes their bottom line rise if that means letting long time employees go than that is what they will do, family first, and we aren't family.

This is why they are buying other companies (ABCO) they are paying these guys like 21 cents amile and out 3 weeks, this is what is taking your job, already took mine. Read my post on the ABCO title.

I can tell you I personnaly made the call to Sr. before leaving the company ( I was a team driver for 12 years months away from million mile ring) and he told me himself that he was aware of what was going on and R&L was in the freight business to move the freight the cheapest way possible, and if we couldn't live with the changes that was coming down we might had better start looking for employement else where. Keep in mind I had been with the company 12 years no write ups, no violations, never missed work, was if I say so a pretty good employee, the kind they should of wanted to keep. It is the cold hard fact that the Roberts is going to do what makes their bottom line rise if that means letting long time employees go than that is what they will do, family first, and we aren't family.

This is why they are buying other companies (ABCO) they are paying these guys like 21 cents amile and out 3 weeks, this is what is taking your job, already took mine. Read my post on the ABCO title.

The Roberts and R&L, and every other trucking company, and every other business in this country are in survival mode...

This is easy to understand if you think about it, we as individuals and families are in survival mode also....

We are being careful in what we spend, we are saving more, because we don't know what the future holds, we want to survive this Obama economy......

The Roberts are not out to get anyone, or hurt anyone, they have proven over the years to be good decent people...They want their company to survive, just as you want your family to survive..

You can't expect them to pay $1000.00 to get a trailer load of freight moved, if they can get it done for $700.00, anymore than one could expect you to pay a man $1000.00 to paint your house, when you can find someone else to do it for $700.00...

Its not personal, its just business, and "supply and demand" with labor and trucks comes into play also...

Things work in cycles in this country, and things will not be like this forever.

One day, the employee will have the advantage again, right now the employer has the advantage...

No ones job is safe, and if employers can find a way to get a job done for less, they will...It would be wise to just do the best job you can, so if it comes down to you or someone else losing out, make sure they have a reason to keep you...

This is just life as "IT IS", sorry if the truth hurts, it is not my intention to make anyone mad, but what I say is the truth...

God bless all of you...

You must still begeting a full pay check and not being sent home 2 or 3 day a week. if you are then its ok for you to say what you did. If not you realy dont know what its like.By the way you talk your job must not be in danger.

If you are not working 2 or 3 days a week you are eligible to collect partial unemployment benefits. You can file online. At least then you will be getting a full paycheck every week.

You must still begeting a full pay check and not being sent home 2 or 3 day a week. if you are then its ok for you to say what you did. If not you realy dont know what its like.By the way you talk your job must not be in danger.

Every ones job is in jeopardy, mine, yours, p&d, linehaul, teams, sales, office, terminal managers, dispatchers etc, etc, etc....

If they find a way to replace me, I will survive. I have confidence that my life will not end, if my employment with R&L ends.......

What is it you think they owe you? They are in survival mode, just like you are...

What I said is the truth, what is it that you disagree with, they don't owe you lifetime employment, at 50 hours a week...

Only the strong will survive, (ARE YOU STRONG?)

Remember everyone, right now the employers think there in control. But I remind you, the courts are having a good time with employers during this resession! Lot's and lot's of things employers are doing are illegal, Look in your local papers in your city. listen to the news!
The LTL buisness is no different! Heck look at some of there so called rules and company letters stating "there" rules. Lots of them disappeared overnite, some have stayed! But the majority would cost them big if an employee took them to court about it!
Document every dirty little thing they do to you! Make a copy of there "rules" when there posted. Every time you see an empty trailer wearing placards write down the trlr # and time it was sitting at the dock. Every time they spill hazmat and through cat litter on it to clean it up, document it or call the fire dept, most of us have cell phones!!! Cover your butt!!!
When they let you go, present this to a good lawyer and collect unemployment, then collect the money R&L will beg you to take before the court date!

Seen this happen a couple of times out here in Colo already and YES it will happen again!

This is true.Yesterday one of our guys had jury duty.When he asked about getting payed they told him no.Thing is here in Ct they have to pay for the first 5 days,its the law but they told him they aren't paying.If he wants to push it they can be fined 500 dollars a day.I know if I get called for jury duty Ill be pushing the issue.

I have been a driver here for 15 years and my first time on truckingboards. I agree with Braceface, the company is in survival mode, and will do whatever it takes to make R&L survive even at the cost of loosing some long time drivers. I have not liked every decision made by management but they have to look out for the jobs of 10,000 people. If I have to go then it's just like Braceface said, the strong will survive, & I will take care of my family but it won't be with the help of a "Good Lawyer". Ratrod if you think that is the way to success then good luck but it won't work for me.

This is true.Yesterday one of our guys had jury duty.When he asked about getting payed they told him no.Thing is here in Ct they have to pay for the first 5 days,its the law but they told him they aren't paying.If he wants to push it they can be fined 500 dollars a day.I know if I get called for jury duty Ill be pushing the issue.

Alot of company's believe that if there corp offices are based in a certain state they are to follow that states laws throughout there system. Nope they must follow what ever state the employee's terminal is in! That employee needs to fight them on the jury pay! Way too much is getting handed to the employee in spades and the amount they get away with needs to stop!

And to answer a post. When you've been in this buisness for well over two decades and have been stepped on and mistreated as badly as I have been in this buisness, getting even, and getting out with $$$ is a good option!

Document every dirty little thing they do to you! Make a copy of there "rules" when there posted. Every time you see an empty trailer wearing placards write down the trlr # and time it was sitting at the dock. Every time they spill hazmat and through cat litter on it to clean it up, document it or call the fire dept, most of us have cell phones!!! Cover your butt!!!
Do you even bother to tell management about the problem or do ya just write the problem down and go about your day?????

Then just move on and dont wait. And dont forget to be strong. When you loos everything you have worked for. But be strong. And your right nobody owes anybody anything. Thats what wrong with things today. The hell with everyboby but themselfes. But rember be strong.