ABF | Update on Discharge tied to Fred

to get back on topic for a minute, I guess what I was saying was if this "shoving" had taken place off property this man would still have his job. Maybe it was wrong for him to do what he did, but he would still be working. The union would NEVER agree to anything that would allow a member to lose his job? Danny Virtue would have said it was meant to be a "hug", not a shove and all would have been ended with a hand shake the next day. For any situation that allowed this to happen on company time and to be on video tape, why would the union even agree to that to begin with?

Our Local President in KC sat in on a "Company Meeting" regarding the contract, then stood up and spoke and more less said it needed to pass... On Company time!!! He also threw an opposing Teamster under the bus who attempted to video tape the meeting as we the Teamsters are now video taped, and he told him to turn it off, The true Teamster was then dismissed from meeting and our Local President did nothing! This Local 41, one of the most former powerful locals in America. Times have changed, we are weak because of the members not just the IBT, we have allowed them to screw us!! Hoffa, Sweeton, Hall should be gone!! But selfish, un-educated Teamsters have hurt us and we now live in a world of Rollin62 Teamsters, so we walk amongst the wounded until we can rebuild... sad... as they get weakened individually, they will wake up, had a few here in KC get hosed in the past couple of weeks and Eat doo doo already..
How come you drag me into this? Don't blame me, I didn't get to vote. I'm gonna sum this up real easy so think outside of the box for a minute. . Time on earth is real fast so change is part of the cycle. Yrc inherited old school teamsters with 15+ years seniority at the bottom of the roster. They know nothing else except the nmfa. That's why their having trouble accepting the times. At abf, were hiring non union drivers that never been in a union environment and they adapt and enjoy what the old teamsters fought for. As the drivers retire, new meat comes in that can easily be shaped and molded by new rules and how things are done. Hate to be blunt about it but the old ways are dead unless theirs an organizing campaign . The phrase of you can't teach old dogs new tricks is true. If you dont believe me go to the yrc forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right about one thing Rollins: Lazy young people not appreciating what the generation before them fought and even died for. They reap the the rewards and roll over when it gets tough. Is that what Rollins is short for, rolling over?

Sorry pal but you deserved that after such a blatantly disrespectful post
no disrespect wad intended. Lack of knowledge from the next generation. Who's to blame? Deregulation ? IBT? You? It's like trying to convert a Christian( non )to a Muslim( union). Who's willing to teach the class? And if you don't convert your s skab and pos.

no disrespect wad intended. Lack of knowledge from the next generation. Who's to blame? Deregulation ? IBT? You? It's like trying to convert a Christian( non )to a Muslim( union). Who's willing to teach the class? And if you don't convert your s skab and pos.

I think you need to read your post again slowly...... You told an entire generation of Teamsters "thanks guys now **** off"

No. I don't see where I told em to **** off. I do see where I posted someone should be accountable for lack of educating and organizing. There's a reason for us losing power. Our membership has been declining since the 99s. It's all Rollins fault

Just the opposite, yrc keeps voting yes ABF voted no several times& will probably vote yes for the whatever is put in front of them ... . I may be wrong.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the opposite, yrc keeps voting yes ABF voted no several times& will probably vote yes for the whatever is put in front of them ... . I may be wrong.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yrc screwed up when they offered to buy abf. It will be a no vote this time. Unless ballots mysteriously come up missing

yrc screwed up when they offered to buy abf. It will be a no vote this time. Unless ballots mysteriously come up missing
That offer certainly didn't help their cause any. Whether or not it's a 'no' only time will tell. It's not easy either way. YRC is doing a number on our whole industry and I would expect the remaining companies to reap the rewards both in terms of less competition and YRC is out cutting prices to ridiculous levels anyway. On the other hand it will make for some hardship for those who lose their jobs. In the past drivers were absorbed by the industry at alarming rates and I would expect the same this time around. The greatest fear we have is fear itself. We live in an environment where fear is the driving factor on what we do.

How come you drag me into this? Don't blame me, I didn't get to vote. I'm gonna sum this up real easy so think outside of the box for a minute. . Time on earth is real fast so change is part of the cycle. Yrc inherited old school teamsters with 15+ years seniority at the bottom of the roster. They know nothing else except the nmfa. That's why their having trouble accepting the times. At abf, were hiring non union drivers that never been in a union environment and they adapt and enjoy what the old teamsters fought for. As the drivers retire, new meat comes in that can easily be shaped and molded by new rules and how things are done. Hate to be blunt about it but the old ways are dead unless theirs an organizing campaign . The phrase of you can't teach old dogs new tricks is true. If you dont believe me go to the yrc forum.

Your immature Comments just keep coming, you remind me of a teenage kid that knows it all. One day you will find out that maybe you don't know everything!!! Old school teamsters, has been in this business a long time, and has earned what they have today. They didn’t do it all on their own, they had lots of help from those before them (I believe they were also called old school teamsters)…

I have worked with union and non union people alike. It’s not union or non union thing, with people like you it is a personality thing, or lack of… Guys like you brag about how good they are, but in reality, they are just mediocre. These same people will be the first one in the office ratting out a co-worker just to draw attention from them, and thinking they are making brownie points with the company. The person ratting people out, are the worst offenders. If you are a good worker, you won’t have to do anything; all you have to do is your job!!! You don't want to put the time in and earn it. They have worked many years for what they have, YOU HAVEN'T.

I STILL DON'T BELIEVE YOU ARE AN ABF TEAMSTER!!!

Rollins, I will agree with one thing on your post,
Time on earth is real fast so change is part of the cycle
. We have to adapt with the changes, but we don't have to give up everything in the process!!!

Your immature Comments just keep coming, you remind me of a teenage kid that knows it all. One day you will find out that maybe you don't know everything!!! Old school teamsters, has been in this business a long time, and has earned what they have today. They didn’t do it all on their own, they had lots of help from those before them (I believe they were also called old school teamsters)…

I have worked with union and non union people alike. It’s not union or non union thing, with people like you it is a personality thing, or lack of… Guys like you brag about how good they are, but in reality, they are just mediocre. These same people will be the first one in the office ratting out a co-worker just to draw attention from them, and thinking they are making brownie points with the company. The person ratting people out, are the worst offenders. If you are a good worker, you won’t have to do anything; all you have to do is your job!!! You don't want to put the time in and earn it. They have worked many years for what they have, YOU HAVEN'T.

Reminds me of an old saying. Not sure exactly how it goes but it is something like this...I do not need to put out another's light to make mine shine brightly.

Rollin62, with every post you have made on here, you tell every Teamster to F off. You have made fun of, Demeaned and disrespected the ethic of ABF Teamsters and Teamsters in general. You have obviously never stood in front of a room of Teamster at a Local Union Hall and taken an Oath and had your hand shook by fellow Teamsters before. I have and have been sickened by your posts. I have worked docks in cold, ran the road in snow, worked sick, with disease! Worked to organize and to see the IBT do what they did for all that is horrible and to have you overtake this forum with your BS is disgraceful! To not even be a voting member and sound off is immature! You are a PUKE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I don't see where I told em to **** off. I do see where I posted someone should be accountable for lack of educating and organizing. There's a reason for us losing power. Our membership has been declining since the 99s. It's all Rollins fault

Why,...yes,...yes it is. You are the end result of a lack of education about Unionism, organization, First Amendment rights,....and just, in general,...honesty, dignity, and respect. So,.....you're going to "reap the rewards" that all the Old Timers fought,....physically,...for,....and you're going to make a distinct effort to ignore the history of how you got those rewards? How Lucky you are!......You can sit back and sneer at the old, broken-down ones who still believe in fighting for what's right.....sneer at them for believing in something you can't put a dollar value on.....Tell me honestly, Rollin62,....just exactly why did you,.....as you say,....come to ABF and leave Conway? Conway's making better money,....the Teamsters are a dying breed,....contracts are getting torn up,...threats of "buyouts",....seniority layoffs,.....none of those things you have to worry about at Conway,...they're an up'n'coming company,....they'll be around forever,......just exactly why did you leave this "working man's paradise" to come to all the turmoil and strife here at ABF? Surely you had some sort of seniority at Conway,....you're at the bottom here,...almost assuredly laid off after Christmas.......A person like you, with your "talents" would've been appreciated more at Conway, and you probably could've found a way to ...."circumvent"....Conway's seniority,...such as it is,....and work all year round. It puzzles me greatly as to just what advantage you saw in coming to the bottom of the board at ABF, instead of staying at Conway. Could you enlighten us, please?

I may be wrong on this and its not terribly pertinent I guess, but just for the sake of an argument - I thought the NMFA reads that " no electronic recording device can be used to fire an employee except for gross dishonesty or theft".

Rollin62, with every post you have made on here, you tell every Teamster to F off. You have made fun of, Demeaned and disrespected the ethic of ABF Teamsters and Teamsters in general. You have obviously never stood in front of a room of Teamster at a Local Union Hall and taken an Oath and had your hand shook by fellow Teamsters before. I have and have been sickened by your posts. I have worked docks in cold, ran the road in snow, worked sick, with disease! Worked to organize and to see the IBT do what they did for all that is horrible and to have you overtake this forum with your BS is disgraceful! To not even be a voting member and sound off is immature! You are a PUKE!!
I'm no different than Hoffa and he's still around

I think Rollin’s problem is he does not know how to phrase things and he lets other manipulate him. But, on this thread, he is not entirely incorrect. Regardless of what others post on this thread it is NOT acceptable to push, shove, or threaten anyone because you disagree with them. Might does not make right! And if you can’t control yourself, then simply walk away.

I'm no different than Hoffa and he's still around

That's no answer... NOW RESPOND TO MY POST SINCE ALL YOU CAN TO IS PUT TEAMSTERS DOWN, IN PARTICULAR OLDER TEAMSTERS WITH SENIORITY... TELL US YOUR PROOF THAT ABF TEAMSTERS ARE LAZY AND INCAPABLE OF LEARNING!!!

Never said teamsters are lazy. If I did that would include me. I think your misconstruing what I'm saying. All I'm saying is a new employee walks in to a shop and adapts to whatever the rules are. An employee that's been with the company 20 + years has a bigger issue with any type of change. For example, combining breaks, 10 min breaks, logging breaks on PDA , ect,,,, an old hands first response is " that bull crap, it's none of their buisness. We shouldn't have to do this, we never used to do it that way." As a new hire would just do it and roll on his way without bitching. That's what I mean by adjusting to change. I see it everyday