Updates on OTR and Local Drivers ( How are you making gout getting home?)

Njeasylife

TB Lurker
Credits
A few of us are wondering how you are making out getting home? I was home for the weekend and now wonder what i need to do with the truck. Right now its sitting at the truck stop all cleaned out.
Let us know how you made it home. I know some of you parked your truck in PA and other places i heard. Ill post updates when i talk to friends also.

A few of us are wondering how you are making out getting home? I was home for the weekend and now wonder what i need to do with the truck. Right now its sitting at the truck stop all cleaned out.
Let us know how you made it home. I know some of you parked your truck in PA and other places i heard. Ill post updates when i talk to friends also.

I would send a registered letter and tell them where their equipment was and how to get the keys, do not offer to drive it unless they pay you upfront

Yes good idea. Nodody knows what do with it. I may have to call Ryder myself. It is under my CDL even tho they pay the bill. Ill will give it a few days to see what happends.
I would send a registered letter and tell them where their equipment was and how to get the keys, do not offer to drive it unless they pay you upfront

Yes good idea. Nodody knows what do with it. I may have to call Ryder myself. It is under my CDL even tho they pay the bill. Ill will give it a few days to see what happends.

Call the Ryder branch where you had your PM's done. Ask to speak to the Branch Manager. Tell them that since NCT filed Chapter 7, it's almost certain that their insurance policy has been canceled, therefore you aren't able to return their equipment. They will have to send a Transfer Driver to come pick it up with a Ryder fleet insurance card. DO NOT DRIVE THE VEHICLE! Be courteous and helpful. Address, directions, etc. They will be grateful. I don't know how many units NCT leased from Ryder, but they may have a giant headache right now. They have your CDL copy for their liability as to who is operating the vehicle that needs such a license.. The lease contract is not yours. I used to work for Ryder. Hope this helps and best wishes to you and your fellow former NCT employees.

Leave it at the nearest truck stop with the keys in it. Walk away

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

You can return that Ryder tractor to any Ryder rental facility. Do it at the one closest to YOUR home. I also read a post on Facebook that Navajo Transportation gave their drivers the authority to drive you towards your home. Look for one going your way. That's a VERY classy move. Thumbs up to Navajo.

I did call Ryder yesterday and was told im not with ncta anymroe so i better not move that truck just to be safe. I made a deal with someone down there they will pick up the truck for me. Im done with it.

Call the Ryder branch where you had your PM's done. Ask to speak to the Branch Manager. Tell them that since NCT filed Chapter 7, it's almost certain that their insurance policy has been canceled, therefore you aren't able to return their equipment. They will have to send a Transfer Driver to come pick it up with a Ryder fleet insurance card. DO NOT DRIVE THE VEHICLE! Be courteous and helpful. Address, directions, etc. They will be grateful. I don't know how many units NCT leased from Ryder, but they may have a giant headache right now. They have your CDL copy for their liability as to who is operating the vehicle that needs such a license.. The lease contract is not yours. I used to work for Ryder. Hope this helps and best wishes to you and your fellow former NCT employees.

Just found out my Buddy works for Swift and they were told they can give NCTA drivers rides home also. Thats great that they will let them do it.

I did call Ryder yesterday and was told im not with ncta anymroe so i better not move that truck just to be safe. I made a deal with someone down there they will pick up the truck for me. Im done with it.

Good on you for checking first, Brother. Best wishes to you and hope that your future is bright.

smart move not to drive the truck back. ryder people are right...once nct terminated drivers...that was it. not covered by any nct insurance that may have been in affect. i would hope drivers are all home by now. if not...more shame on nct for putting good people in such a situation. good luck road drivers...deserve it and earned it...

Just swung by westampton recently, trucks as far as the eye can see, seems that they are getting them back without any major issues. heard one or two apu systems running. This was within the last day or so, not giving out too many details.

Packed in there like sardines.

"Towing" what a useful term. Repo season is here, those guys are probably making a ton of money on the repos. It's like fish in a barrel for em, no having to hunt down most of the units, just pull up, track down the truck number, get it out of the mess, and that's really it.