ABF | Ups bound

After my initial training I went straight into the weekly bid. I am usually on the same start time every week. Depending on how many people they are hiring and where you fall in will determine if you get a choice of available runs that need covering or whatever is left. They post the bids every week here to give us an idea of what is available for when we bid. There are also sleeper runs that might become available if someone is off, and they pay really well.

CPU is customer pick up. That is where you either swap out trailers or bring a trailer to get loaded and return to the hub. A large majority of feeder work is CPU and rail loads.
Thank you. A lot of help for sure. As far as sleeper positions. Just curious. Are the high seniority drivers on these or how does that work. Also if you know, how long do the sleeer runs stay out

After my initial training I went straight into the weekly bid. I am usually on the same start time every week. Depending on how many people they are hiring and where you fall in will determine if you get a choice of available runs that need covering or whatever is left. They post the bids every week here to give us an idea of what is available for when we bid. There are also sleeper runs that might become available if someone is off, and they pay really well.

CPU is customer pick up. That is where you either swap out trailers or bring a trailer to get loaded and return to the hub. A large majority of feeder work is CPU and rail loads.
And it better start happening at other carriers because nobody wants to be on call anymore....adjust or sink....

It was a great experience at Abf. After 7 years I will be starting my job at Ups on Monday. Not ups freight but Ups package pulling pups hub to hub. Off on weekends and no more waiting for work call. Be safe and God Bless Bullfrogs. Stay safe out there
My buddy is a feeder driver for 7 years in columbus , i talk to him every nite on our runs , he likes talking so if you ever want to talk to him contact me on the side

It was a great experience at Abf. After 7 years I will be starting my job at Ups on Monday. Not ups freight but Ups package pulling pups hub to hub. Off on weekends and no more waiting for work call. Be safe and God Bless Bullfrogs. Stay safe out there
How did your first month treat you?

Good deal. Glad you're liking it.

I think most of the people who feel "overworked" by ABF (and who maybe have a little extra money sitting around) could appreciate Brown.

Even when I wasn't making money, I was home. Good enough for me.
Meanwhile I been sitting at home since March 22nd waiting for a call. Lmao unreal.

UPS told me the same thing in Mo. It was a lie. Now I’m on call, and when I do get called it’s to shift in the yard. I should of just stayed where I was at.

UPS told me the same thing in Mo. It was a lie. Now I’m on call, and when I do get called it’s to shift in the yard. I should of just stayed where I was at.
I got jerked around at first too. I had to do two rounds of seasonal, one doing local work, one doing linehaul work.

I made $35k the first year where I was mostly seasonal, 50k, 55k, 88k, 90k, and I'm probably going to be in the 100-110k range this year, and I'm not killing myself working.

I'm making good money now, but it took a while to get here. It completely sucked in the beginning, but it was worth it in the long run.

Human resources is there to sell you the world, and in the long run they are right. It's the last job you'll ever have if you stick with it. But there is a serious hump to get over in the beginning.

I got jerked around at first too. I had to do two rounds of seasonal, one doing local work, one doing linehaul work.

I made $35k the first year where I was mostly seasonal, 50k, 55k, 88k, 90k, and I'm probably going to be in the 100-110k range this year, and I'm not killing myself working.

I'm making good money now, but it took a while to get here. It completely sucked in the beginning, but it was worth it in the long run.

Human resources is there to sell you the world, and in the long run they are right. It's the last job you'll ever have if you stick with it. But there is a serious hump to get over in the beginning.
I understand, but almost a month without a call?? I mean I call everyday and all I get is "we going down the list" BS. looking for another Job as I cant support my Family with working one day a month. I asked HR to move me to a smaller building which is the Allentown one, they said its all one happy family, that building is the same building I work at, I said no, Allentown had 30 something driver, the building I work has over 160. but they don't care. soo.

I understand, but almost a month without a call?? I mean I call everyday and all I get is "we going down the list" BS. looking for another Job as I cant support my Family with working one day a month. I asked HR to move me to a smaller building which is the Allentown one, they said its all one happy family, that building is the same building I work at, I said no, Allentown had 30 something driver, the building I work has over 160. but they don't care. soo.
I sat for 2 weeks after they brought me back for my second round of seasonal, and then I only worked one or two days the first couple weeks after that. Then vacation season began, and we took off.

Like I said. $38,000 that first year.