ABF | Ups bound

They haven't offered any inside work and get on the bench? It might just be a western area thing but we have the opportunity to work inside and if a run comes up you can get out and drive.
No all I got from them is we going down the list we will call you when they get to my name. I think they are waiting for vacation time, but Ill be long gone by then.

Greed is catching up with this company & it’s only going to get worse. Keep paying those huge sign on bonuses & do nothing to retain the people who are getting it done….
I hope wages is an issue in the next contract. We do have a contract so both side (company and union) are sort of stuck with it but maybe going back to a 3yr contract might be something to consider? We are being ***** by the company on wages! We know it, management knows it, union knows it. Just 24 months until the end of this contract.

Greed is catching up with this company & it’s only going to get worse. Keep paying those huge sign on bonuses & do nothing to retain the people who are getting it done….
If mgmt. causes moral to get bad they will never get it back. Those college degrees might be impressive but they mean nothing in the real world as experience is real knowledge. A house gets built from the ground up so take care of those who built the foundation as without them the house will crumble.

If mgmt. causes moral to get bad they will never get it back. Those college degrees might be impressive but they mean nothing in the real world as experience is real knowledge. A house gets built from the ground up so take care of those who built the foundation as without them the house will crumble.
The ship has sailed 8 years ago at my terminal, complained for years nothing ever done. I will walk away from this place in 6 years at age 57 with 34 years. I will find something else to do & start collecting my pension. Good luck finding that experience….

Good. Like they said. Set schedule 8-10 hr days for most part. I like it
Just check about them merging the list from Graham Street, I know guys who left Holland and went ups in Charlotte, and are now being told they will be one list, check it out, best of luck

The ship has sailed 8 years ago at my terminal, complained for years nothing ever done. I will walk away from this place in 6 years at age 57 with 34 years. I will find something else to do & start collecting my pension. Good luck finding that experience….
Go, there are a few problems you may not have thought of and I only bring them up because I am 57 and I am facing these same problems now. (1) you will be giving up 6 weeks vacation and 5 sick day (2) you can't get at your retirement accounts, without paying a 10% penalty, until age 59.5 yrs old (3) your Social Security is unavailable until 62 and by taking a lesser paying job it will be reduced by a small amount (4) you will be giving up your job seniority (5) your job prospects are limited by CSPF and you may not like another job any better than this one.

Those problems being said, I would like to thank you and all the others who argued against me about fixing the MEPF'S. Retirement is going to be much easier because of the effort you all put into getting the MEPF'S financially stable and pushing those of us who were skeptical into supporting your movement.

Go, there are a few problems you may not have thought of and I only bring them up because I am 57 and I am facing these same problems now. (1) you will be giving up 6 weeks vacation and 5 sick day (2) you can't get at your retirement accounts, without paying a 10% penalty, until age 59.5 yrs old (3) your Social Security is unavailable until 62 and by taking a lesser paying job it will be reduced by a small amount (4) you will be giving up your job seniority (5) your job prospects are limited by CSPF and you may not like another job any better than this one.

Those problems being said, I would like to thank you and all the others who argued against me about fixing the MEPF'S. Retirement is going to be much easier because of the effort you all put into getting the MEPF'S financially stable and pushing those of us who were skeptical into supporting your movement.
Homesick, Papajohn was a big reason for fixing the pension him & others spent endless hours traveling around the country on their dime to get it fixed. Now about retiring I only have 14 years with ABF the rest are spread out with other union carriers so the vacations are not that big of a deal to me. As for retiring at 57 I will not be penalized because I will have over 30 years in. If I take a job it will be part time for someone I know & I have had offers or I will do something on my own to pass the time, I am fortunate that my wife works for the VA where we will get benefits for life (at a reduced rate). I don't want to go that early but my terminal is so out of control & the fort is to blind to see it that this is the best option at the present time, a lot can change in 6 years but if it don't im out of here....