XPO | Ups buying XPO

I know when we’re a we’ll run company back in the mid 90’s it was rummered Ups was eyeing us for a short period. That was prior to them buying overnight.
I think this rumor holds no weight today. We offer nothing that overnight can’t already do. The physical presence alone makes no sense.
It’s a big nothing IMHO

Fed ex is into white glove service. UPS isn’t and wants to offer this service. XPO offers white glove service, that’s why it makes sense to me. Monkey see monkey do.

Exactly, they need to keep Amazon dependent on them. They can't let that golden goose waddle away.

Talking to the guys the last couple days and we figure UPS wouldn't by all of XPO. Just XPO Last Mile.

Which may or may not hurt us as XPO LTL. Who really knows ?

Is xpo still flush with cash with a pending $ 1 billion buyback of their own stock???

The market guys say that the company has around $600 million cash. But that the buy back plan is to be financed. Which may not have been a good idea. And is likely why the news of all of this didn't draw a massive reversal of the stock. Jacobs response to cooked books is to line up a plan that offers him a better opportunity to cook the books. Looks and smells dirty.

I think XPO has become too big for FedEx or UPS to buy them.

It will the same as with Bradleys former united rentals and waste management.

Not to big at all. And with the stock crash it's more affordable now. Could be bought at a discount.

Company has plenty of cash on hand. And is making money. But the debt burden is significant.

When you saw the Dodgers traded Puig and Kemp and Wood for Homer Bailey did that make sense to you ? Homer Bailey ain't worth all of that. And they don't even want him, they are cutting him immediately. It's all about the money. The commodities in play are irrelevant.

Not to big at all. And with the stock crash it's more affordable now. Could be bought at a discount.

Company has plenty of cash on hand. And is making money. But the debt burden is significant.

When you saw the Dodgers traded Puig and Kemp and Wood for Homer Bailey did that make sense to you ? Homer Bailey ain't worth all of that. And they don't even want him, they are cutting him immediately. It's all about the money. The commodities in play are irrelevant.
Yeah, maybe UPS could afford it but seems XPO is too diversified/complex for a UPS to buy them.
UPS already has logistics/brokerage (Coyote) already has LTL and TL.
UPS might not do appliance delivery, but I doubt even if UPS wanted it, XPO would not sell in pieces.
UPS did not even try to buy 3PD before XPO did.
If anything UPS could build last mile from scratch.

Yeah, maybe UPS could afford it but seems XPO is too diversified/complex for a UPS to buy them.
UPS might not do appliance delivery, but I doubt even if UPS wanted it, XPO would not sell in pieces.

Could build last mile from scratch like FedEx is doing. Or could jump in front of them and buy something already up and running.

Everything here is for sale. The space on the trucks, the dock doors, the cross docks and the companies themselves. It's all for sale. Always has been.

The market guys say that the company has around $600 million cash. But that the buy back plan is to be financed. Which may not have been a good idea. And is likely why the news of all of this didn't draw a massive reversal of the stock. Jacobs response to cooked books is to line up a plan that offers him a better opportunity to cook the books. Looks and smells dirty.
I don’t think they bought even one stock back yet. I think their hoping the optics of the possibility of doing so is enough . Now if the stock continues to slide or stay flat all bets are off the table as to what they’ll do.

Maybe you guys know better than I do.... but isn’t this just like a Ponzi scheme?
I not sure about a Ponzi scheme, but I do know their big on optics to push the stock and enhance employee satisfaction. A lot of talk about robots and IT and nothing to be seen in the trenches in the way of operational improvements. Improvements to employee policy and benefits are minimal and always involve taking from somewhere else to pay for it keeping thing basically flat with no real gain.
No direction or real effort to improve mid to upper management . We still have an interim president at LTL . Are they that incapable of finding someone ?

As fo being up for sale i’m Always a little hesitant to go that far and personally think that’s not the focus. The profits is to made in the stock run up. Making nothing of substance look like something better than it is.
I sure as hell hope that if someone buys this turd that they do their due diligence in earnest before putting the money on the table.

I don’t think they bought even one stock back yet. I think their hoping the optics of the possibility of doing so is enough . Now if the stock continues to slide or stay flat all bets are off the table as to what they’ll do.

It come back up to $50 on news of a buyback. But then stalled. Don't sound like it generated that much confidence.

Although the stock market as a whole hasn't been a beacon of confidence in the last week or so anyway. Hard to blame people for being risk averse right now.

Yeah, we are on the verge of the next big bubble burst. It's been a fantastic 10 years. But a market wide correction is over due.

All transportation stocks dip after the holidays. XPO was the only one to get cut to a third of what it was. A little storm of reduced projections, a big player in Britain filing their version of bankruptcy and costing XPO millions in lost revenue and the tariff war impinging on global enterprise. Not to mention the currency manipulation going on right now with many countries raising rates to counter inflationary pressures.

If you enjoy learning about the complicated and sometimes ridiculous global economy. You will enjoy the next few months. A lot of active mitigation and deliberate commodity control.

Yeah, we are on the verge of the next big bubble burst. It's been a fantastic 10 years. But a market wide correction is over due.

All transportation stocks dip after the holidays. XPO was the only one to get cut to a third of what it was. A little storm of reduced projections, a big player in Britain filing their version of bankruptcy and costing XPO millions in lost revenue and the tariff war impinging on global enterprise. Not to mention the currency manipulation going on right now with many countries raising rates to counter inflationary pressures.

If you enjoy learning about the complicated and sometimes ridiculous global economy. You will enjoy the next few months. A lot of active mitigation and deliberate commodity control.
And one giant issue that keeps getting overlooked: At the highest levels of XPO there is zero to little experience on how to run a freight company. Experience matters regardless of how many times and how many ways people try to tell you it doesn't.

Just because someone wants to come in and "shake things up" doesn't mean it will work or that anybody can do it...especially without experience , knowledge , and Intelligence.

One could draw parallels between XPO and politics right about now.

And one giant issue that keeps getting overlooked: At the highest levels of XPO there is zero to little experience on how to run a freight company. Experience matters regardless of how many times and how many ways people try to tell you it doesn't.

Just because someone wants to come in and "shake things up" doesn't mean it will work or that anybody can do it...especially without experience , knowledge , and Intelligence.

One could draw parallels between XPO and politics right about now.

And the way all of Jacobs closest minions have jumped ship. Kinda eerie.

Ups has all the ltl they don’t want. Ups was ready to shut it down last strike vote. Final mile can be started whenever they want. Just don’t see the draw to expanding a branch they don’t want. If ups wanted to, they could dominate ltl by pricing everyone else out of business. Only reason they got overnight is to offer the total package counter to FX that certain customers require

Ups has all the ltl they don’t want. Ups was ready to shut it down last strike vote. Final mile can be started whenever they want. Just don’t see the draw to expanding a branch they don’t want. If ups wanted to, they could dominate ltl by pricing everyone else out of business. Only reason they got overnight is to offer the total package counter to FX that certain customers require
This is spot on!!! I couldn't agree more!!!

The us was the only country that didn’t fail when the market crashed a decade ago. Your system has been artificially propped up by the fed. Now it’s coming down like a house of cards.