TForce | UPS does have it there way if you think about it.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
They rebranded us than allowed the Teamsters to put cards out to organize one terminal.
Which that happened in a short period of time.
They called off the cards as soon as Indy was signed on.
The custom made to order UPS Freight contract started being formulated,the first week of October.
In the mean time they have been putting all of their rules in place.
Now if we don't like whats going down how can any of our terminals threaten to go union,when the process has already started?

These cotract talks could go,on,and on for however long UPS wants them too.
Which puts all of us UPS Freight workers in a state of limbo.
Non-union,yet under negotiations for a union contract.
What are all of your thoughts on this strange situation?

Apo,
They (UPS) didn't call off the card distribution as soon as INDY signed them. There's no need to sign cards right now. The Contract will be negotiated soon. It's the peak season for UPS Parcel and was a busy time for the Teamsters with the election. It won't go on and on and on. You're in a transition period, that's all. We've been telling you that this will take time. Heck, the first week of September you were already asking if the Contract was settled. I'm sure that things will pick up after the crazy UPS Christmas rush. Be patient.

The contract will be settled by 2008 for sure. LOL! Might be something that UPSF people will like but the teamsters won't like it. It could just back fire on the teamsters.

The contract will be settled by 2008 for sure. LOL! Might be something that UPSF people will like but the teamsters won't like it. It could just back fire on the teamsters.
Why be so Negative, when it's just as easy to be POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because this is a union vs nonunion forum not like the others on here. Go to Conway forum or any others and post things about the union and see how fast it disappears.

Oh I know they use the excuse we are owned by a union company. Hog wash!!!

But it does entertain me from time to time. But it's getting pretty old.

Is that a little more positive...

Quote by Skeeter.....
The contract will be settled by 2008 for sure. LOL! Might be something that UPSF people will like but the teamsters won't like it. It could just back fire on the teamsters......
End of quote....

Skeeter,
This post by you makes no sense at all. The UPSF people who will like the Contract will be Teamsters. Was cheap beer on sale out there yesterday?

Quote by Skeeter.....
The contract will be settled by 2008 for sure. LOL! Might be something that UPSF people will like but the teamsters won't like it. It could just back fire on the teamsters......
End of quote....

Skeeter,
This post by you makes no sense at all. The UPSF people who will like the Contract will be Teamsters. Was cheap beer on sale out there yesterday?

Think about it a little longer and you might catch it. Sorry but it must of gone over your head.:tongue0015:

Why does UPS busy Christmas deliveries make a difference?

The barganing team for UPS has got nothing to do with parcel deliveries.
Why would these barganing talks be slowed because of heavy parcel deliveries?

The contract talks should just trudge on without being effected by UPS's heavy delivery season.

This is my opinion,but what do I know just being one spoke in the very large UPS Freight wheel?

I know all of you Teamster posters say it takes time.
I see these contract bargaining talks going into two months in just a few days,and we haven't heard anything about its contents?

So its easy for you to tell us UPS Freight people to hang tight.
I still say that if we being LTL freight haulers would of gone into the NMFA we wouldn't have anything thing to wait on other than a company wide vote,for organizing.
The NMFA is all spelled out,nothing left to question.
At least all of us UPS Freight'ers would know whats up.
But again I'm with my brother co-worker Skeeter,with his famous saying.
(TIME WILL TELL)

The barganing team for UPS has got nothing to do with parcel deliveries.
Why would these barganing talks be slowed because of heavy parcel deliveries?
Apo,
The bargaining team for UPS is made up of top Mgmt. people who have many other important responsibilities to attend to on a day to day basis....there isn't any fulltime bargaining unit. In other words, nobody is ever hired at these Companies to do negotiations only. They all have a job to do and negotiations are just a part of it. My guess is that right now that UPS Mgmt. is alot more concerned with the peak season than they are about UPSF negotiations and will have more time to devote to negotiations after the rush is over.